PDA

View Full Version : 450cc Injecitors With Small 16g?

Pages : [1] 2

-GSX-Falcon
12-15-2003, 02:59 AM
Im really looking at upgrading the turbo in my automatic. Im wondering if 450s will be ok with a small 16g if i keep the boost around 15 PSI. If i need 550s i will end up needing a S-AFC. Then i will need a logger to tune the AFC... thats alot of extra cash that i dont have. So im hoping i wont need all the extra crap. Anyone know?

Kracka
12-15-2003, 03:03 AM
450's will be fine.

john
12-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Yeah, they should be fine. Did you pet 450's in your auto? If I remember correctly, they come with 360's.

Kracka
12-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Good point, you will also want to get the ECU, exhaust manifold, and cams out of a turbo 5-speed.

-GSX-Falcon
12-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah, my next stop is the fuel system. Then i will be totaly ready for a new turbo/manifold. I have a UICP, Exhaust, MBC and Intake. So other then fuel im ready. Planning on a walbro 190 and 450cc's (my auto tranny limits me...so no need to go bigger is my thinking...plus i hear the 255s are loud). DSMotorsports sells a "1G automatic to 16g" package. Comes with an EVOIII manifold...all the washers and gaskets...banjo bolts and feed/return lines...since the stuff for the 13g is a little diff. Its $400 which is not too bad i think. Would a 5 speed ECU work in my auto? I know someone asked if they could do that on Tuners and didnt really get a 100% positive answer. Oh, I think i might be hitting fuel cut on my 13g. Its set about 15 PSI and i have noticed a few times when i go WOT I get a huge hesitation. Like the engine will just die for a sec...then come right back and be fine. Has only happened twice...but it is a nice jerk when it does it.

Wish i was doing this right now :beer:

-Edit-
BTW, autos come with 390cc

JET
12-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Auto's are 360cc injectors. I would get the Evo B16g for the little bit of extra money it is. People seem to really be having good luck with them. If I remember right you can just use your stock feed/return lines. The turbo is only off 1", so they can be bent. I am 95% sure this is what I did with mine. That was many years ago though.

The 5 spd ECU will work in the auto too. After you do those upgrades the only difference will be the cams.

Kracka
12-15-2003, 09:38 PM
Buy my Big 16G...see add in classifieds.

-GSX-Falcon
12-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah i second guessed myself on the injectors, but lots of people on Tuners say they are 390's too so i dunno. I dont really care...450's are better. And i have been debating on the EvoIII turbo....depending on where u get them they can be cheaper then a Big 16g. Plus im getting the Evo Manifold anyway. TSIDude, i would seriously look at that, but i just got a new exhaust and i need time to recover funds.

Kracka
12-15-2003, 09:48 PM
If you are interested we can talk...I am in no real rush. Don't need the money for another few months anyways....PM me, I am too lazy to hit that button.

Red GST
12-19-2003, 07:37 AM
here is a good moto i would recommend to you and most will agree ( i think )

if your going to do it take your time and do it right

it will save you headache and heartache from breaking a major component compared to it running good

and with your injectors i would go with a set of 450's they are inexpensice look on www.dsmtrader.com people sell stock 2g injectors there all the time and i would go with a super afc either way with the higher fuel pump

also the 255's humm a little but nothing the radio cant fix