PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Oil hits $60/barrel today

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Onefast99gsx
06-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Just read it on CNN's website that oil hit a new record today. SOB's anyway. Pisses me off. I think they did it just to do it. What are you guys paying today for gas in MN?

As of this minute:
87 octane $2.29
93 octane $2.43
Diesel $2.41

I will expect to see that with the new record, that gas will be $2.40's by next week and in the 2.50's+ by 4th of July weekend for 87oct. Not looking too good. I live in an area that people just don't have that kind of money for those extra expenses. Even at the bank we see a trend going on right now.

*** This ought to be illegal. The station down the road just raised their price yesterday due to the oil going up. However, those oil jumps of OPEC are July's Oil. Secondly, I found that they didn't even recieve a new load of fuel in yesterday. So the price bump was actually on fuel that they purchased at the old amount. Gas stations are actually benefitting huge from this. They increase price at the pump on a moments noticed and take forever to decrease it.

I don't know what's worse, the towel heads over seas or our own people! Fuck it makes me mad though.

tpunx99GSX
06-23-2005, 03:57 PM
$2.50's would be fucking great, I go out and buy the minute it hits $2.50 the past12 months ive been down here its been $2.67-2.78

Enes
06-23-2005, 03:59 PM
doesn't matter when they purchased the fuel...

the way they see it.

We are selling you the fuel at the price we are paying for it right now. Doesn't matter that the fuel you are actually pumping in was bought as crude oil months ago at a different rate. You are actually paying replacement of the crude oil they had to use that they purchased long time ago.

Onefast99gsx
06-23-2005, 04:15 PM
So we are purchasing fuel that was bought as crude months ago. A few months ago or so, oil was in the mid 40's/ barrel. So they're making money on us twice??

What everyone think of that possible big China deal to buy out a huge oil company here in the U.S. Chevron made a bid of 15 billion, China outbidded it at 18.5 billion dollars. If the government allows it to go through in which they probably will, this could be a huge impact.

howslowcanyougo
06-23-2005, 06:04 PM
What everyone think of that possible big China deal to buy out a huge oil company here in the U.S. Chevron made a bid of 15 billion, China outbidded it at 18.5 billion dollars. If the government allows it to go through in which they probably will, this could be a huge impact.

And what let the damm Commies control our oil AND our Economy?

Great Idea!

Not!

tpunx99GSX
06-23-2005, 06:37 PM

For the better or for the worse?

Jana
06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I just hope to god I get a new job this summer, driving over 80 miles a day is starting to suck....

Onefast99gsx
06-23-2005, 09:44 PM
I just hope to god I get a new job this summer, driving over 80 miles a day is starting to suck....

DAM!! 80 miles. I drive 1/2 mile everyday now. I haven't always been that fortunate though. Years ago when i got my first I.T. job I was driving 70 miles "ONE WAY" to it. Did that for over 2 years. I refused to move because all my friends were where i lived so i figured i'd be there anyways. Now 10 years layer, i could never do that drive. I'd get too sleepy.

2003eclipse
06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Never remember anyone bitching about the price of gas when Clinton was President.
Just thought I would fuel the fire.

Onefast99gsx
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
What was the cost of fuel when Clinton was Pres? I don't recall..... But I don't EVER, EVER remember paying $2.43 a gallon.