PDA

View Full Version : Motor Swaps?

Pages : [1] 2

awd-drifter
04-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey Fellas. My uncle has an red top sr20det engine(S13). He's been to RS Motors to do the swap, but he wants some one or some place to do a good swap. My uncle is in the army and will be shipped to Japan, and has told me and my cousins that he'll have money for a new motor, the KA24DE. He told me the ka24de has more potential than a sr20det motor when the ka24 is turbo'd. So, all we need is a place to swap the engine, other than RS motors. I didn't know where this thread goes to, so i just put it in here. Does anyone do motor swaps on the 240sx? We, for sure, will have money to do the engine swap. All we need to do is tow the car to the shop and let them do the swap. My uncle is planning to turbo the KA24DE motor, i dont know which turbo setup, but he says "the average stage 1 turbo kit should kick about 220hp at the wheels." Well, we're swapping the motor because the SR20DET is having engine internal issues, hell, i'd keep the motor if anyone knows how to rebuild the motor, but my uncle wants the swap, so we're just looking for a shop that does motor swaps, excluding RS motors or Propulsion. I will reply ASAP, my uncle leaves May 3rd, so i need help ASAP! thanks!

Kracka
04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Talk to Elite.

Shane@DBPerformance
04-25-2005, 09:39 PM
It has to be done by May 3rd? I don't think we even time to change a set of spark plug wires on a 1G DSM before May 10th.

awd-drifter
04-26-2005, 05:10 PM
So, can you guys at Elite do it? Well, We have the car forever until my uncle comes back 4 years from his leave. Well, just pm me about when ever you guys can do the swap, because we'll have the KA24de motor by mid summer for sure. Anytime you guys have time. thanks!

Shane@DBPerformance
04-26-2005, 10:04 PM
How about in the winter? :) Nice and slow then.

awd-drifter
04-26-2005, 10:28 PM
hahahaha...hmm...we'll see, but for now, the main thing we need is the freakin motor, which is the ka24de. Do you guys know anyone that can rebuild a SR motor? The internals are pretty shitty, as in, you can hear the pistons going up and down. I dont know which piston, but damn, its pretty bad. Uhmm...but seriously, i'll try calling you guys at Elite when we have a motor. We're planning during mid-summer. If you guys know anyone who can rebuild the SR motor, please pm me asap. thanks!

JET
04-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Dude, a KA24 is a dime a dozen. They were in a ton of stuff.

awd-drifter
04-27-2005, 12:40 PM
uhh...what?^^^^^

JET
04-27-2005, 12:51 PM
The KA24DE was in the nissan frontier, xterra, 240sx, alitima, etc. They are everywhere. Do a little research on google.

JiggahMan
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
In order for the KA to be stronger than an SR20, you need to build the WHOLE motor. The SR20 is MADE for turbo. The KA is n/a, and not ment to handle boost. Sure, a stage 1 turbo kit might do 220, but you can keep the SR20 put a FMIC on it and be hitting 220-240. All you will have is better spool up until the KA is fully built.