PDA

View Full Version : I need a job!! For my DSM.

Pages : [1] 2

TurboDomestics
04-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Well i need a job since the last place I worked closed for the season.
Im not real picky, id just like to make about 8.50-10.00 per hour, and im a Hgh School student so, that gets in the way. I tried to get a job at UPS but they need a 1 year commitment, and im going to college out of state in October.

But what suggestion do you guys (and girls, i guess :p ) have?

thanks

-Charlie

Jana
04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Target would be your best option I think.

awd-drifter
04-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Same here, I need a Job, but so far the best place i've been looking at is Valley Fair or Mall of America.

Kracka
04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
I work at Valleyfair during the summer....keep in mind that it is a nice finance internship where I sit in a comvy A/Ced office all day though :D For a highschool job though, I don't think working the games or rides would be that bad...they pay is OK and you can work as many hours as you want. I had some fun with the games-girls last summer; just don't work in food service there.

IndiEP
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
I've never heard anything good about ride operator position, in the sun all day, crappy shifts. I knew a chick that got heat stroke.
Your best bet is to look for seasonal jobs, landscaping, warehouse, house painting. FYI, a lot of painting companies will screw over students...except when you take 'em to court...twice :cool:

Pimpin Dsmstyle
04-20-2005, 03:16 PM
go change oil somewhere.

Swifty1638
04-20-2005, 03:27 PM
yea, go work at tires plus in mg. I worked there last year, and then I got the can, when I was working at saturn too (I had full-time hours at saturn, and didn't work too many there) they are short-staffed right now, and could REALLY use help. You will do tires, oil, and general stuff. The mechanics like to do the brakes and all that other stuff, so you only really get to do tires and oil. But, it's a job, and I am sure u'd get it too. Starting wage, if i remember correctly, is 8.50. They want me to come back, and even work jsut a few days here and there..I am still contemplating if I really want to or not, but you MIGHT see my face there. You could also try and apply for the evening recepionist position over at saturn in BP, or as a car washer. I think we got a few guys leavin us, so we will prolly need some new washers. I am not too sure what all you would get paid, but I sometimes do that job, and all you do is vacuum the car, and drive it through the washer..not bad at all.

TurboDomestics
04-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Cool, thanks guys for all the replies!!

niterydr
04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Home Depot would also work.

awd-drifter
04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah, i wanted to work at Mitsubishi, but already knew somehow that they weren't hiring.