PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Head

Pages : [1] 2 3

Halon
11-10-2003, 03:20 AM
got done putting on my head today. but of course, it don't wanna start. just sits there and cranks over and over. It's rather annoying. Why won't this stupid thing just freakin start. Imma check all the timing crap again tomorrow. We had everything lined up but i guess it never hurts to recheck. im also gunna check the compression and make sure i gotta spark. If anyone has any other ideas then ur free to comment. Im just kinda writing this so once i find the problem, maybe it'll help sumone someday who ran into this same crap.

Lunar Eclipse
11-10-2003, 03:32 AM
1) make sure the plugs are getting spark
2) make sure the injectors are firing
3) make sure the timing is properly aligned
4) make sure you got all sensors hooked up (not sure what year your car is)
5) PayPal me money for this advice
6) suck-off Tom, my mouth hurts

Halon
11-10-2003, 07:07 PM
well i found my problem. We put the exhaust came in 180 degrees off, we lined up the wrong fuckin timing mark........ so got everything installed the CORRECT way today. And sure enough, won't start. im pretty sure i know what my problem is. Looks like imma need a new head. I have 140 compression in cyl.3, and 0 compression in the other 3. So next time i get free time to work on it, the head is coming off again so i can see what damage we did when we had that exhaust cam off 180. But i also have no spark. but that's not my main concern right now. anywho ya, kinda bummed, but what can i do, i guess ill just become very efficient at removing heads with all this practice.

Matt D.
11-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Have you even attempted to rule out what is causing the 0 compression?

rhino
11-10-2003, 08:20 PM
do a leakdown test and find out where everything is going.you'll have a better chance of success if you have an idea of what failed before you start ripping it apart.

tsi_dwarf
11-11-2003, 04:59 AM
ya i was there helping him put everything on and when it didnt start he looked sooo sad i felt bad for him i mean if he was a girl... or i was gay.... i would've given him a hug cause he looked like he could use one...... oh hell i think ill go give him one now anyway

Goat Blower
11-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Line up the crank timing mark to zero, then make sure both your cam gear dowels are at 12 o'clock and check your timing marks for alignment. Make sure you use a straightedge lining up the cam marks through the centerline of the bolt. If they're all lined up and you still have no compression, pull the head off and start over.

Halon
11-11-2003, 01:06 PM
we did use a straight edge, put cyl #1 at TDC, alligned cam gears, both dowels pointing north, alligned the front balance shaft sprocket thing to the timing mark, made sure the oil pump sprocket was alligned correctly and not 360 degrees off. Nothing more to allign that im aware of. so bent valves is what im thinkin

Halon
11-11-2003, 01:12 PM
i do not know how to do a leakdown test. im pretty sure that everything is lined up timing wise. it had good compression before we started this lil project, i don't know what else it could be

Matt D.
11-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Wrong cams? :confused: