PDA

View Full Version : Redline Water Wetter

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ACRucrazy
06-24-2004, 10:09 AM
In my ACR for the last 3 yeras now i have used water, water wetter mix. Works great! Def worth it!.

A//// Guy
07-01-2004, 01:53 PM
One thing I was thinking about is how will using straight water protect from corroding all the aluminum pipes? Antifreeze works to protect all the pipes from corrosion but if you take that out then your piping system will start to corrode. I dont think water wetter is a big protector especially since you use so little.

Alpine TSi
07-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Water Wetter has no additives to prevent that. But since I didn't flush the antifreeze out, just drained it out, I am assuming the little that is in the mix still is doing something for that.

Matt D.
07-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by EclipseTurbo@Jul 1 2004, 12:53 PM
One thing I was thinking about is how will using straight water protect from corroding all the aluminum pipes? Antifreeze works to protect all the pipes from corrosion but if you take that out then your piping system will start to corrode. I dont think water wetter is a big protector especially since you use so little.
Distilled water is pure. It contains no minerals which are what cause corrosion in the cooling system.

Khadgar
07-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Hmm, I don't know but when I was back in to computers more, people used to use watter wetter in their watercooled rigs, I thought it did resist corrosion, I remember seeing an article somewhere about how metal can corrode just by mixing the differenty types of metal that are in the same water, I'll see if I can find the article but I thought it said that water wetter protected against it.

EDIT, I just googled for it and came up with this, http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redtech3.htm there were a bunch of pages that says it inhibits corrosion.

Kracka
08-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Great article on Redline Water Wetter:

http://www.importtuner.com/reviews/impp_0808_coolant_additives/index.html

Mwolf83
08-31-2008, 06:49 PM
here is a link to a video DEI Rad Relief vs Water Wetter. I used to use the redline, but have switched to DEI, not just because of this video, but also because DEI is pretty much the name in cooling when you want the best. Also the Royal Purple Purple Ice foams way less then the Redline, so if thats a route you'd like to go. So heres the vid:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DEI-Radiator-Relief-vs-1_123011.htm

TkrPerformance
09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
good artical. like the last few lines

On the other hand, if the your 300 hp-per-liter 4G63 is running a little on the hot side and all the goodies under your EVO's hood limit space for a bigger radiator...a coolant additive like Water Wetter might be just what the tuner ordered.

the shit does work great it helps craig sells it and we get it cheap with styles account there

311evo
09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
that anti-foaming agent is quite cool. i would take that over the other one just from the demonstration.

Kracka
09-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Hmmmm, maybe I should get some Water Wetter from Craig when I'm up there buying assembly lube. You working this Sat morning Craigy?