PDA

View Full Version : Winter plans/mods 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

turbotalon1g
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
What's everyone up to car wise and i guess otherwise since this isn't much of a car/tech forum anymore.

I moved and we are cleaning the garage up to get my car inside and then I'll be installing a few parts that I've had laying around for a long time. (ES bushing kit, '06) Apart from that I'll just be cleaning up the car and fixing small leaks and things I don't like.

Apart from that score a fulltime job and maybe move again depending on where I get employed.

Kracka
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Car wise, I'll probably need new tires later this winter and at that time I might do a Whiteline Roll Center Kit. Other than that just gas and maintenance!

Goat Blower
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Well, I moved mine out of it's nice spot in the garage to outdoor storage, hopefully I'll be more motivated next spring. Just don't really care about it right now.

TkrPerformance
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
going to get the spyder done and ready to go by spring.
start working on the evo some more. get the rear end back in it. also have to have the 2.4 block machined, get a head done and get a set of cams for it

A//// Guy
12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Probably do another oil change in 5k miles, since I just did one. That should put me safely at spring time.

turbotalon1g
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Probably do another oil change in 5k miles, since I just did one. That should put me safely at spring time.

Be careful you don't get too dirty.

asshanson
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Swapping in a full 3" exhaust with quiet/loud switchable mufflers, and maybe a wideband.

Oh and maybe this if I get motivated:
http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/c6/c6kit.jpg

Tachyon
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I'll need to pull the engine to drill out the 2 center bearing bracket bolts on the drive shaft I sheered off. Then I should probably rebuild my prop shaft as it's making quite a racket since installing solid bushings. I also need to replace the seals on my power steering rack... they finally gave up the ghost after 21 years.

For fun stuff, I've got fully poly bushings for the rear end, including the moustache brace. I also am planning on lighter 17x9 wheels with 255 wide rubber on all 4 corners.

cmspaz
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm at a point where it's just finishing touches. Once everything current works correctly, GrimmSpeed 3-port BCS and Omni 4-bar MAP sensor, speed density tune with a high and low boost maps so I can just leave it alone, and then just driving and enjoying it.

Hopefully by spring get the blown MR Bilsteins I picked up rebuilt and revalved for Swift Spec-Rs, and probably just solid sway bar links in the rear to give it a little more stiffness and less roll/play. T-case rebuild in there somewhere too before Proving Grounds.

Scott
12-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm hoping to do a 3" TBE and get everything ready for an e85 switch and 3port for a tune by spring.