PDA

View Full Version : No Spark...

Pages : [1] 2

v8klla
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Just finished reinstalling my head and timing belt, and now there is no spark. Car turns over fine but I have no spark at all. All electrical connections are hooked up as far as I can tell. Something I might have missed?

Any ideas?

Chris

JasonR
04-19-2004, 10:01 PM
spark plug wires the correct order. Did you do a swap. 1g in a 2g. must swap plugs 1 and 4 with 2 and 3 (order is not important). Otherwise if that is not the case. I had to hot wire my fuel pump to get started after the car sat around for 6 months. These suggestions may not help, but I tried to give a few suggestions. Only other things I could think of off the top of my head is power transister connected, every ground connected or I had a bad cas once. The trigger may be bad. Hook up yoUr timing light and adjust your actual BTDC or replace CAS. HOPE YOU FIGURE IT OUT SOON.

TheBlizzard
04-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Did you wire everything right on the CAS? Double check.

CRAIG

v8klla
04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
By CAS do you mean cam or crank angle sensor? On 2g's the cam angle sensor is automatic, no timing is necessary I believe.

I just checked DTC's with DSMlink and it threw out a Crank Position sensor circuit malfunction code. So that narrows it down a bit ;) I thought I may have crossed the A/C and crank connectors but that wasn't the case. As far as I can tell the connector by the timing belt is connected, but I am wondering if there may be something wrong under the timing belt cover?

Chris

JasonR
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
If you did a swap and your crank signal is simulated with cas there should be yellow/white wires for cam connected to original 2g connectors and crank red/black to original connector. Again you may have not done swap so disregard then. If you did and your not running dsm link or stand alone you will misfire after 5 minutes of cruising. Adding resistance to barometric pressure wire to ecu will only work 10% of the time. Hope everything goes well.

v8klla
04-19-2004, 10:30 PM
yeah it is a stock 2g head for now ;) So I am just wiring like stock, but do have DSMlink to give me check engine codes...

Chris

v8klla
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM
I'd put money on it being the connector at the sensor itself, guess I will check it out tomorrow...

Chris

JasonR
04-19-2004, 10:52 PM
I did not realize, sorry. I would check the harness and connector. If that is fine you will have to replace crank angle sensor assembly according to Mr. Chilton. Hope this is the answer.

Nash
04-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Stock 2G head as in 95-98, or 99? Since there is a difference between the two.

Shane@DBPerformance
04-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Did you remove the crank pos sensor? It could be upside down or not plugged it.