PDA

View Full Version : Wtb evo rims

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cammaxon
02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Looking for oem Enki or BBS rims. I don’t care if they come with tires. Obviously new tires means I will pay more. Will pay no more than $1200 with new tires/slightly used. Mostly looking for the BBS.

If you have other fairly priced 17x8 or 18x8 rims post a pic and I’ll let you know if I’m interested.

I’m not interested in cheap, trashed, bent or ugly rims. Not interested in chrome, anything smaller than 17 or bigger than 18. Not interested in anything less than 7.5 inches wide. I would prefer 8 or wider.

Cammaxon
02-28-2009, 01:43 AM
You can close this thread I got 4 BBS off of a 06 Evo for $850, shipped to my house. Hope no one else on here could have sold me a set for the same price. I’d always like my money to stay in the mitsustyle community.

Kevin 1G Drummer
02-28-2009, 08:21 AM
You're buying all this Evo stuff for your 2g... why didn't you just buy an Evo? hahaha

turbotalon1g
02-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Cammaxon
02-28-2009, 04:32 PM
I KNEW someone would ask so PLEASEEEEEE read.

Well I’ve all ready had an evoesk car, I had a 315whp (db tuned) STi, (I was the tard at mitsustyle dyno days last year with the STi hoping to make a lot more than the 276 I made that day) I’ve had a 2g for a long time an always though they were one of the best looking coupes around.
The reason I like the Evo is, it’s a cheap car that comes with BBS rims, Brembo brakes, Recaro seats a MOMO wheel but when it comes to a 4door sedan I’d rather have the STi. I test drove both a lot before picking one and the STi just felt better, sounded better, looked better. (You don’t have to agree but my buddy Jerrid Schleifer was faced with the same decision and also chose the STi)
The 2g looks 100x better than a 1g, and is an awd turbo coupe. I live in Minnesota. I’d love to have a high horse 350z, Supra, rx7, SVT cobra, swapped 2jz or Rb 240sx (I did have a 240 for a while) or other RWD sports coupe but it’s just not logical.
When it comes to AWD sports coups I have two options… the 3000gt or a DSM.
The DSM has the 4g63t so is basically an older hatch Evo wanna be.... and its ¼ the price of the VR4.
New Recaros are $700+ per seat… for the same thing I can pull out of the evo
Nice BBS are $500+ per rim for something I can eBay off of an evo.
Momo wheels are $240+ and you have to buy a hub and you lose your airbag (I don’t need an airbag just need to not get an air bag ticket)
Brembos are $2500+ (just for the front) when I can eBay a set of evo brembos buy some gallant knuckles and be good to go for $1500

So basically I’m taking everything I like about an evo, (or sports cars in general) and putting it onto a body that I find more attractive, for about 10k less than buying an evo.

turbotalon1g
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
DSM does not want to be an evo. 2Gs have grown on me, but the interior lacks the sporting spirit dsms are about.

Your idea is good. But i don't get why you need AWD unless you plan on making "high" power and driving it year round.

Almost all of the fastest cars around here are 2wd

Cammaxon
02-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Very true and yes it’s going to be my year round daily driver hoping to have 350awhp (I’ll let you know Tuesday night after my tune at dbs). I know 350 isn’t really high and my friends tried to talk me into getting a 2wd car to “rape people on the highway bro” but AWD is like my crack.

I did run mid 12s in my STi at only 270 ish awhp (ps im not a bser) you can check the 110mph club pics on www.fastcop.com I think the pic on there of me was 12.7 @110 the run before was 12.6 @108 (I have the slips from bir.)

Kevin 1G Drummer
02-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I was just giving you shit ;) I'm friends with Mark, Craig, and Jerrid, and I do remember you from the Dyno day.

Cammaxon
02-28-2009, 09:09 PM
ohhh ok good :) I just want to be the first to admit, I have a BUYING problem and should not be allowed to have paypal :(

turbotalon1g
02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
lol, 350 at db is no joke. Fuck i think that i might barely hit 350 at db.