PDA

View Full Version : Fire!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tpunx99GSX
07-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Well, i was stupid.
I put my 50 trim back on so i could go to MOD (mitsubishi Owners Day) and i made a huge mistake with the oil feed line, I had one barbed nipple on the turbo side, and a barbed on the feed line. So i took a small peice of fuel line and clamped each side.
Well Tonight i went out to our local meet and my buddy with the true silvia showed up. We got a couple races set up and decided to go to the spot and do a couple runs. On the way to the spot me and the silvia decide to make a run. After the run i see a ton of smoke coming inside the car and out the back of the car. I was thinking it was the head gasket so i slowly pull over to the side of the road. My roomate who was in the car with me yells "GET OUT! your cars on fire"
I jump out and see the fire in the engine bay and out the bottom of the car. Im running around frantically trying to put it out but none of us had a fire exstinguisher. the cops were on their way. The cop tells me to open the hood and sprays the fire out. I got it towed to the house...
and here is the aftermath....

Enes
07-13-2007, 07:49 AM
"Now me and the mad scientist have to rebuild it!"

oh man, that sux! but at least its only medium well done instead of well done!

luckally many of the things will wash off but all the plastic and wiring will be a bitch. Can you claim something like that on insurance, or will you have to fix it on your own?

if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all with that car!

look at the bright side... you still can hold a bud in your hands!

-E

carltalon
07-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Damn That sux and you just got done pretting it all up. Atleast it wasn't worse

scheides
07-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Looks salvageable? Lots of soot everywhere, but did you melt the wiring harness or anything?

Kracka
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Sorry to hear about this Tom :( At least your cuddly friend Bud came to the rescue.

You've had some pretty nasty luck with DSM's.

FattyBoomBatty
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
That's pretty gay.

Something something brownman.

A//// Guy
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Yea that really sucks... get out of dsms!! lol

Jaei Sun
07-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Power wash the engine bay and see what looks alright. Looks just like a lot of soot.

2003eclipse
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Congrats on being honest and admitting fault... It does make us all say WTF TOM, sorry to hear that though good luck.

FattyBoomBatty
07-13-2007, 09:45 AM
To be honest, I'm sorry it happened. But it's like the ytmnd of the turbo rotaries. 60% of the time, they work.. every time.