PDA

View Full Version : First AWD DSM Project

Pages : [1] 2

BKs50trimGST
03-24-2007, 02:53 AM
As of next week I will be starting my 2nd DSM project. I bought the car for 2 grand from a repairables shop. 106k on everything with a few mods.

Its a 92 GSX 6bolt, it was made before the cut-off date for 6bolts:)
Black paint. Passenger fender is messed up, probably hit a wall lightly, no passenger cornerlight. Not too bad of condition.
Bought it with no working clutch, starts though!
Started taking it apart a week ago, getting ready to put in a clutch, flywheel, TOB(just because of my 2g incident a week ago...TOB).
Current mods......
- small 16g (seems to be in really good shape)
- RC injectors (dunno the size but upgraded)
- different upper ic piping
- Some kind of aftermarket suspension
- Shitty aftermarket exhaust, lol tons of leaks (rusty)
- Apexi S-afc
- Autometer Boost Gauge
- MBC
- Slotted Rotors in front (havent checked back because doughnuts are still on
- Bigger calipers (looks like off 3000gt)

-- others mods i can't think of... Captains and Cherry Coke make me forget

Right now looking for.....
- A decent exhaust.... might have something already lined up for that.
- Cornerlight and Fender
- Intake of somekind... cuz stock intake just looks old , (Dijon right now on my 2g, very happy with)

Hopefuly getting it running within two weeks, this car was bought for being my winter beater but has now turned into another project.

Obvious problems with it....
- Clutch is bad
- When turning it on, a few sparks came from somewhere in the engine bay, kinda left of the valve cover.
- Need new egt (old one was jacked at the place where sold, along with a/f gauge) So, a hole in the exhaust manifold.
- A lot of basic repairs and maintence.

Give me feedback, I know it's not like the evo on this project forum, which btw is ridiculously sick:) Any ideas are welcomed for helping me in the early stages of building a 1g awd dsm. thanks.

BKs50trimGST
03-24-2007, 02:54 AM
And when I get my digital camera going I will post pictures of it.

ExTREME
03-24-2007, 08:44 AM
:threadworthlesswith

I'd say its a good start, I'd love to start with a black one because of how mean Evil~Eagles looks, but I got white.

Pics would be nice, and that spark from the left of VC; were you meaning standing in front of car while starting it someone had seen sparks or were you in the DriverSeat and cranked it and Spark! Ping! Wachew! you seen sparks? If you were in it, I'd say its clearly a wire/your coil.

bluntedelvis
03-24-2007, 08:55 AM
:threadworthlesswith

I'd say its a good start, I'd love to start with a black one because of how mean Evil~Eagles looks, but I got white.

Pics would be nice, and that spark from the left of VC; were you meaning standing in front of car while starting it someone had seen sparks or were you in the DriverSeat and cranked it and Spark! Ping! Wachew! you seen sparks? If you were in it, I'd say its clearly a wire/your coil.

Agreed crappy wires or coil, possible bad ground.

BKs50trimGST
03-24-2007, 05:44 PM
the spark was seen by two of my buddies standing in front of the car when I turned it on. My buddy who knows a lot about cars definately thought it was crappy wires or bad ground. I'll go to my dad's shop and get some pics tonight or tomorrow.

tim
03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I'll sell you an exhaust. It is 3", the down pipe is stainless and has a bung for a wideband, DP is practically used. It has a magnaflow single outlet muffler on it. The cat back appears to be just regular mild steel.

Thats about all I know about it. If you have more questions let me know or if you want to know something specific about it ask Nash. It was on his car before, I actually never used it.

It is in Owatonna but for a couple hundred dollars you can have it. Probably 250-300 or so. I think I paid 400 for it and never even touched it.

BKs50trimGST
03-24-2007, 11:33 PM
thanks but i believe i got one lined up pretty soon here. all aftermarket 1g AWD parts that you have lieing around pm me about, i'm interested right now in basically anything.... body stuff would be for 92 dsm. 6bolt. Thanks

BKs50trimGST
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
newly updated, pics

92EvilTalon
03-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow looking good. As a wise poster said to me once. Don't get the A/F gauge unless you plan to fly the car. I say either a oil gauge or coolent temp one. You don't need no stinkin blinky light thing.

Oh and holy red vac hose's.....

BKs50trimGST
03-30-2007, 02:20 AM
the red was a little overwhelming. I guess it'll be a red theme, you see them brake calipers and struts? LOL, soon that will all go, thats my project for the next upcoming months. I want a solid 240 awhp for my first pull, too much> I think not.