PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with a no insurance ticket?

Pages : [1] 2 3

kennydawgg
02-19-2007, 05:46 PM
I left the bar on saturday night and got pulled over, damn projector light likes to turn itself on and off, cheap crap. But regardless I didn't have a current insurance card so I got a show proof of insurance ticket. I looked for the new card but I don't have one because the bill never got paid. So today I called and got it all set up again and I am insured but now what about that ticket. Can I just bring my new card in and hope that they will sign off on it even though its dated a day after my ticket? Has anyone dealt with this before? I really don't want to go explain it to a judge.

x-pride
02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Just go to the hearing officer and show him the insurance card. Explain to him there was a mix up. They are pretty nice. If you don't try you will never know it you need to pay the ticket or not. Get those dam rice things off you car.

bluntedelvis
02-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Sorry to say that the Card has an Experation and Activation Date, the office that you are going too will see that the dates dont match up, unless for some wim of god the insurance company just let it go and the dates match then your golden. If the dates dont match on top of getting the insurance going again their will be a $120.00 or more fine, count yourself lucky if the cop wanted too be a dick he could've towed you. But in those senario's that only happens too me!!

johnson
02-19-2007, 06:56 PM
my brother just got pulled over not too long ago... not insured and he just told them we had just got the car running and all he had to do was get insured and bring it to a hearing officer.... but he was a minor so it went to a judge... nothing happened though... just as long as you have it insured by the due date or court date.... lucky it didnt get towed!!!

x-pride
02-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Just go infront of the hearing officer and lie your ass off.

turbotalon1g
02-20-2007, 11:30 AM
You get 14 days to prove whether or not the vehicle had insurance, if it did then you are good, if not your fucked.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
02-20-2007, 12:58 PM
They will check if the car had insurance on the date of the ticket. If not, just pay, if you did, they will drop it quite easily. I've gotten two of these in the past 3 months, both dropped... the other stuff we won't get into. :-)

tnm27
02-26-2007, 02:02 AM
whoa...man, seems like you guys got off the hook easy...hehe...hmm..i got one of those tickets once...i ended up paying $600.00 and more for all the costs (including towing and other dumb fees). but the hearing officers are pretty nice, they'll probably understand, as for me i just got put into a $200.00 program but really your suppose to see a judge about it. but no matter what just talk to the hearing officers, they'll understand the mix up.

TkrPerformance
02-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I can tell you guyt all about this
1st one 600.00 fine and had to retake the writen test and d/l fees
2nd paided lawer 600.00 to keep me out of jail (it was set for jury trial) lawer got it form 1500.00 to 125.00/1 day of sts and have to have a card in any car I drive now or the law is 3 no prof's in 10 year's is a year in jail.

this was all in a year ands did not have a lic for almost 2 years
for that year it all started from me selling a truck and they did not tranfer it right and was still in my name and the had 16 parking tickets in my name under the truck and took a while to get it all stright. but I was pulled over all the time because of it

from that year
1 driving after sus
3 warrents
1 bentch warrent
2 driving after revocation
1 speeding
2 tows (both in the talon)
it was a very shitty year

Kracka
02-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Here is an idea, keep your insurance card in the car!