PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with a no insurance ticket?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BKs50trimGST
03-30-2007, 02:12 AM
lol, i went into this and wahhLA, auto insurance pops up at my finger tips, good shit. keep your insurance card always on you or freakin court, and thats just a hassle to show the judge or prosecutor. and TKR, you sound like me... no good, except i got not a drop(not good and stupid) no more of that shit, i learned my lesson..... TKR has me beat though.

dustinw
03-14-2008, 01:01 AM
from personal experience. even if you cannot prove insurance, they will typically stay your sentence for 1 year pending no further related tickets.

youll have to pay about a 200 dollar court fee, but it should save you from getting that ticket on your record.

Scrmegl
03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Do whatever you can to try to keep it off your MVR. You said you straightened it out with your insurance company right? After it was fixed was there a gap or wasn't there? Were you past the grace period. It is usually better to reinstate then to start new. That would show coverage back to the original effective date then.

Shotgun!
03-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Here is an idea, keep your insurance card in the car!

And one more on your person. If they tow your car, the card inside your car doesn't exist. I had to learn that one the hard way.

I had two of these tickets in a week. It was just the $200 fine for each.

tim
03-15-2008, 09:13 AM
And one more on your person. If they tow your car, the card inside your car doesn't exist. I had to learn that one the hard way.

I had two of these tickets in a week. It was just the $200 fine for each.

I agree. One in the car and one in my wallet.

If i were in this position I would talk to my insurance agent and see if he could date the new card as the same as the ticket. That is your only real chance to get this to go away. If the agent wont work with you then tough shit, you fucked up by not paying the bill and I guess you have to pay the price now.

Halon
03-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I got pulled over one time and didn't have my insurance card. I always keep it in the car but that morning I had taken it out and brought it up to my computer to do a free carfax check, and I needed the VIN. Accidentally forgot to bring it back into my car. Sure enough got pulled over for tint that same day and didn't have my insurance card. So he gave me a ticket for the insurance card and not for the tint. I just went to the court house the next day with my insurance card and it was dropped!

Shotgun!
03-15-2008, 09:55 AM
You got the $200? Pay the man.

I should add: You are very lucky that Mr. Cop didn't tow your "whip". It took me $1800 to get mine back. That's a mod that no one wants to make.

Halon
03-15-2008, 11:10 AM
1800? Did you leave it in the lot for 2 weeks or something? Mine cost me something around 150 when I got it back 2 days later.

Shotgun!
03-16-2008, 05:26 AM
3 days. There are the extras to think about; the tickets and insurance have to be paid before they'll tell you were the impound is.
A few years later I had the Saturn towed on me. That was all a mistake and the cop apologized, but it did take something like $220 to get it out. As for how long it had sat there that time; I was there with the money before the tow truck showed with my *wonderful plastic car*.

On the subject of how much money the tow yards are: The only laws governing them are to protect them, not the people they tow. They are within their "rights" to charge whatever they want. They can even change their rates on a "per account basis". One lot I was at (for a friend's car) showed me just how they do this very thing. I felt so bad for the owner of that 'vette...

EclipseGST
03-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Most insurance companies will back date your policy "start" date if you ask nicely.

If they dont, a friend of mine took his card, scanned it into his computer, edited the date in photoshop, printed it out as if it were a "copy" of the real card and took it into the court house and got his ticket dropped.

I've had a few no insurance tickets and the most I ever had for a fine was $100 + court fees and suspension of license for 6 months.