PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for my Gs-T...

Pages : [1] 2 3

98gstaherns
01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
So I'm just been thinking about what kind of set up i should start to plan out for my car. Right not now it doesn't have too much besides a 14b, 3in turbo back exhaust no cat, Mbc and a Southbend DXDSS. Those are really only the main things. So I'm just kinda wondering what some people think is a good FWD setup.
I was thinking along the lines or a 16g with supporting mods and a Fmic. Also maybe some kind of suspension set up and motor mounts also to try and stop from getting wicked wheel hop. After reading that Masters of all that is fast thread seems like he made some good numbers with it.. http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14082
But I dunno Ive had lots of ideas for the time ive had my Dsm and I'm still learning alot. I really would like a setup that is a good DD but I could also go out to the strip and have some fun too.

JET
01-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Stick with the 14b for now, not much difference to a 16g. Get DSMlink, fuel pump, injectors and a FMIC. After that look for a bigger turbo.

98gstaherns
01-14-2007, 10:23 PM
yea I was planing on doing it all at once. Fmic Fuel and hopefully Dsmlink if I can find a Eprom. I just don't know what turbo to use..

tim
01-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Stick with the 14b for now, not much difference to a 16g. Get DSMlink, fuel pump, injectors and a FMIC. After that look for a bigger turbo.

I agree 100%. The big 16g is a great turbo but you already have a 14b. Might as well get a front mount and prepare for a 20g or 50trim. Get the fuel and the management and then upgrade to a bigger turbo.

Lag isnt always that bad with a FWD, remember that.

HiImBrian
01-15-2007, 03:15 AM
I was thinking about this same thing when I got my gsx. I think the most basic setup is a 16g with 660-720 injectors, a walbro 255, fmic, exhaust, dsmlink, and some suspension work. I've got all the suspension you need for 450 (tokico shocks, springs and camber kits). Hope this helps!

98gstaherns
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I was thinking about this same thing when I got my gsx. I think the most basic setup is a 16g with 660-720 injectors, a walbro 255, fmic, exhaust, dsmlink, and some suspension work. I've got all the suspension you need for 450 (tokico shocks, springs and camber kits). Hope this helps!

^Do this but replace a 16g with a 50trim or somthing along those lines. This isn't gonna be buy all the parts over time thing. This is something i wanna go to one of our shops on here and have done.

Enes
01-15-2007, 11:41 AM
fiddy is good for a fwd.. i likey mine...

-E

HiImBrian
01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
It's good to have goals set as well. Like how much power you are shooting for and whatnot. For a dd I am shooting to hit 300awhp. With my current setup (listed above) I know I'm going to fall short, so I'm also getting a built head w/ cams. It's all a preferance thing. Just make sure you fix anything that needs to be fixed before you try to make it some power monster.

98gstaherns
01-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh yea i plan on doing anyother things too.. I would like to see somthing around 300 whp.

HiImBrian
01-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Yea from what I have read, upgraded fuel system, bigger turbo, and all the supporting mods including dsmlink will put you around 250-275 whp. This is talking 650-720cc injectors. This is very debatable and a definite ballpark number. I'm just saying, I don't plan on hitting 300awhp with my setup, that's one of the reasons I am deciding to build up the head. Any these guys are right, I would probably start off with a bigger turbo if I were you.