MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 07-17-2016   #121
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
Why? What's the current battery situation?
Right now, there is now box(this will get changed, I just didnt get new one yet).

I'm not drilling a hole and mounting a shutoff for quite awhile.

There's other stuff, too. I have more than the allowed 12" of rubber fuel line, from the fuel pump on the block to the carb. I could just buy some approved hose for that.

The fuel cell is mostly below the floor and not contained in a sheetmetal box. It is legal in being completely separated from the passenger compartment by sheet metal.

The AN hose is probably supposed to be inside tubing where it goes above the CV on the passenger side of the car.

In theory/hopefully it would be quicker than 11.50. Which would make me happy to be told no more runs for that reason.
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016   #122
bramagedained

I installed the wing I've had sitting around. There is actual wind tunnel data for some aero stuff/body mods thanks to a handful of guys a few years ago.

Stock the car has about 200lbs of lift in the front and 95lbs of lift at the rear at 100mph. This wing negates the lift and adds 55lbs or so of downforce while actually improving the drag coefficient. The front will get addressed more this winter, those changes should help drag, cooling, and reducing lift.

This thing was more effort than it should have been to install. There are studs bonded to the pieces which made laying it out more or less guesswork. Some of them are in horrible spots to reach to the point I spent an hour each tightening two nuts, one face at a time with a wrench.

Only very minor sanding was needed to make stuff fit to the body, which is as good as I could have asked for. The wing is made by the same place in Japan as the flares and is hand laid fiberglass.

Painted to match the flares and bolted up:

I couldn't get the fit quite perfect, well I probably could have, but I ran out of patience first.

It needs to be sealed to the body anyway so water doesn't get under, which I did with black silicone.

I masked off the car and the wing and ran a small fillet then peeled up the tape, I'm quite happy with the result.

I pulled the badges off of the hatch as mounted them on the wing, the wing has a spot for them to go.

The fuel cell stuff I mentioned before and never posted pictures of.

Old 08-13-2016   #123
bramagedained

Because I think cold idle sounds cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kR4b7s-ZVI&hd=1
Old 08-14-2016   #124
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

That looks gooder than a bitch
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016   #125
bramagedained

I was at the hillclimb in Wisconsin ran by Tom and the MN Healey Club this past weekend.

I ended up 10th which I'm pretty happy with considering it was the first event for the car after everything I've changed in the last year. My quickest time was including a 2 second penalty.

Aside from Jess with the nearly stock classic 911, everyone at the top was a restomod/pro-touring built car.

It was pretty awesome watching the Galaxy, Chevelle, and Nova wheel their way through the chicanes that were really setup for small british sports cars.

The results for everyone:

Old 10-26-2016   #126
bramagedained

I think I have a solid plan of what to accomplish with the car this winter. At best, I expect to have another couple weeks before the salt starts and I take the car off of the road.

Semi in order. I don't actually need to do any of this stuff over the winter, aside from make it able to pass NHRA tech so I can see what it runs.

Transmission

I'm going to go with a 4L80E, probably buying one built with how the car will eventually be and with a brake.

Rear Diff

It makes noise, probably needs a new ring/pinion and likely change out the TracLok for something else. It was from a junkyard. It works, it's just noise and feels like it has more lash than it should.

Carb

Convert the secondary to jets, then have it tuned by someone that knows what they're doing in the spring.

Electrical

Add a remote cutoff and battery box for NHRA tech. Also add a breaker near the battery.

Fuel system

Get rid of the rubber fuel line(which only runs from the mechanical pump to carb) and enclose the bottom of the fuel cell to make it NHRA legal.

Engine

SFI approved damper. The one on there now is probably the original one and has no timing marks.

The breathers leak onto the headers, I'll probably just buy one of the pan-evac kits to see if it works(I need the breathers anyway). I'll plumb the line to the collectors to my catch can.

Exhaust

Coat/wrap headers. Make the exhaust mount I meant to in the spring. Possibly add flex section.

I'd possibly like to add a wideband, too.

Brakes

Install the proportioning valve I already have. If you stand on the brakes hard enough, you can lock the rears first which is bad. Flush system with high-temp fluid.

The rear lock up is at least partially due to the current suspension setup, either way with the prop valve there will be adjustment for this.

Body

Buy/install replica 240z bumpers in fiberglass.

Make ducting for the radiator/trans cooler to improve cooling.

Replace the hatch seals, which I bought recently.

Weld my front diff mount to the car, instead of being bolted in as designed.-It currently uses the stock mounting points, which are nuts tacked to the trans tunnel. This was never designed to take the loads it does, if the bolts ever come loose there is a good chance it rip them right off the tunnel.

If I see one of the fiberglass/carbon cowl hoods for sale I'll probably buy it.

Suspension

I'm going to install camber plates so that can be adjusted directly instead of cheating it by changing track width.

I'll buy tie rods with an adjustable pickup point to correct for bump steer as well.

After all that I'll take it for a real alignment.

Interior
Seats-The stock ones are comfy to sit in for hours, but, have zero support for going around corners.

Harnesses-The stock belts are 42 years old, and attach with a single bolt at the C pillar. I really didn't mind harnesses in the Evo.

Roll bar-There are some 4 point ones on the market that are decent, this is mostly to attach the shoulder straps for a harness to.
Old 05-03-2018   #127
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

This you?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180503_161425.jpg
Views:	161