Old 03-02-2010   #1
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Thumbs down GREASEMONKEY: having problems *BUYERS BEWARE*

Since Tom is pay-banned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX
Im reluctant to do this, but i feel that with the items i am finding out about this car i purchased from him keep adding up more and more. Im just really happy i did not pay the full asking price.
Here are the items that have not been resolved:
The ad states the car has a 16g turbo. The turbo that is on the car IS NOT a 16g but rather a 14b. Which today i found out does not have the coolent lines hooked up and looks like they have not been hooked up.
I have PMed him numerous times about parts that i am still missing. Such as one HID Ballast that was missing, The rear seat, and any other plastics that are still missing.
Last i heard was that he was still trying to get back into the house he was living to grab the parts and that he would get back to me within the next week. (this was 2-3 weeks ago.)
I am still not sure if there will be more items needed coming soon because i have not started or driven this car. I can only hope that the transmission is good and there is no other items that come up after the car is started.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #2
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36
Re: GREASEMONKEY: having problems

A friend of mine had a smaller issue before with him, when buying a supposedly in good working order stock shortblock. (this was a while back) Picked it up, and we when we went to dissassemble it, it had a bent rod. Wasn't a huge purchase, but still none the less we were heated about having to find new rods for it.

Also, I was interested in possibly buying the motor out of the car Tom is talking about in his post, but was strongly advised not too, by a few forum members I know. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't.

Last edited by Constant_Project21; 03-03-2010 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Grammar crap
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #3
way2fastalon
IS Broken :-/

Drives: 91 Talon awd /90 laser rsT
Send a message via ICQ to way2fastalon Send a message via AIM to way2fastalon

yeah i got one too from him he put new rings in the block i got and did not torque one rod down all the way it was loose and caused my rod knock so said jhann dude when me and him pulled it apart ..

im neutral with this guy so...

1991 Eagle Talon awd
2.0 fully built lower-end
wiseco/eagle rods / crank 9:0:1
dsmlink v.2.5 fp race mani 880cc injectors w255
hx35/bep/maperformance o2 with dump
+more mods to list

Last edited by way2fastalon; 03-02-2010 at 04:29 PM..
way2fastalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010   #4
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55

I didn't have a great experience with him before and would not recommend dealing with him as well. Would have warned Tom if I knew he was seriously interested.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010   #5
bertrenolds5

Drives: 91 eagle talon GST

I had a good experience with him last year, I needed an awd intermediate shaft to do equal length half shafts on my car and the first shaft I got would not work so he hooked me up with another shaft even after I machined the end of the first shaft to try to make it fit. Turns out there are small differences in intermediate shafts from different years and the second time was a charm. Didn't even ask for more money and hardly charged me anything in the first place, since I'm a nice guy I paypaled him some more cash for the second shaft after messing up the first one. Cool guy if you ask me, doubt he ever trys to screw anyone over.

He had a million parts at his house so I am guessing he wasn't lying, and a 14b can be converted to a 16g but no coolant lines is not cool, maybe it was converted?

Last edited by bertrenolds5; 07-22-2010 at 07:35 PM..
bertrenolds5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
GREASEMONKEY
Banned

Moon Lander Champion!
Drives: 92 TSi
Send a message via AIM to GREASEMONKEY

Alright well now that im not banned anymore for someone elses ignorance and stupidity i finally have a chance to defend myself. And if i get banned for expressing my opinions here this will show that this site is based off of sucking someone elses dick to get somewhere.

Now for anyone that has bought anything from me im alwalys honest and give some of the best prices around!

And for someone like Tom who bought that car from me AS-IS!!! To talk shit about me on this fourm is a JOKE... If anyone did any research on Tom, Prior to him buying my car i had bought a AEM Wideband from himm and it was far from what he had posted. The wires were cut for the harness, The sensor was damaged, It was basically junk... But sense im not in kindergarden like some people around here i was mature about it and PM'd him and posted something in the Good Guy / Bad Guy Feedback Section.

This is what i posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY View Post
I recently bought a AEM wideband off of Tom, And nowhere in the posting or the PM's did he tell me that the wiring was cut, Needless to say im a little dissapointed.

Im sure it wasnt intentional, But i felt i had to share.

Hopefully things like this get mentioned in the future.

-Stephan
Anyways all of a sudden he must have realized that he bought a project that he couldn't handle and decited to bash me about it. And if anyone cares to read my FS post about the car (If it hasn't been deleted) It stated that the car is being sold AS-IS!! I explained to Tom that i hadn't pulled the oil pan off the car and that i had no idea what the extent of the damage was.. He was perfectly ok with this and had no problem buying the car still, Please keep in mind that he came and looked at the car in person and really wanted it.

As you can see here:

http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25282

I have had nothing but great feedback from anyone who has boughten anything from me, INCLUDING TOM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
+1, Great guy to deal with VERY Organised. Had reciepts for everything and documented everything.

Then he pulls the car apart and realizes that he is a dumbass and got himself into something that he obviously couldn't fix himself and thats when i started getting bashed for no reason.. Everything i knew about that car i listed and was 100% honest about. I had told him in person that there were some things i wasnt too sure on such as the 14B turbo, If you read the FS ad from when my buddy bought it he had it listed as a small 16G.

Link here:

http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/sho...highlight=tial

Ok so after everyone takes Toms side for whatever reason, (Oh wait thats just the way this site works...) I get banned for 6 months and im thinking well thats nothing new ive seen this happen to 20+ other people sense ive been on here, but i was kinda shocked that nobody would stand up for me and say something..

Anyways im certain that i will get banned for this and its a shame because i do enjoy being on this site, Its one of the only fourms where not everyone is an idiot. As far as the few other people that complained in here your all stupid IMHO, You all got excellent deals on what you bought and i told you anything / everything that was wrong or not wrong with whatever you bought.

The only other thing im going to address is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2fastalon View Post
yeah i got one too from him he put new rings in the block i got and did not torque one rod down all the way it was loose and caused my rod knock so said jhann dude when me and him pulled it apart ..

im neutral with this guy so...
Your an idiot and i have no idea what your talking about, Not once did i tell you there were new rings or anything new in that block. I pulled that motor out of a running car (The one that Tom bought before i put the built motor in it) and told you that i would replace the Oil Pump / Front Case because i had noticed that the oil pressure was getting lower and lower. You then told me that YOU were going to pull the rod caps and check to see if the Rod Bearings were ok.. Well obviously you dont know what your doing because you sent me these messages.

Quoted from my Inbox:

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2fastalon
hey man id like to say thanks working a deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2fastalon
hey want to know what u want for your 4g63t

2 7bolts later ....
Hmmmm, I wonder how a perfectly good running motor got destroyed..

Anyways i've said what i've been wanting to say for the last 6 months or however long its been, Anyone thats been honest or stood up for me i appreciate it, Everyone else i could care less about.

-Stephan
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #7
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

^ You are a D-bag... I traded you a car for a built motor and money. The motor you built (less than 2k on it if I remember correctly) needed a rebuild due to you putting the bearings in it wrong. Mark (TKR) looked at it and fixed it. It appears that Tom had a similar issue with his motor that YOU built.

You never transferred the title of the car I sold to you and ended up getting a $100 ticket that I needed to pay as it was in my name. You never responded to me regarding this issue and never transferred the title. I actually went to the DMV and JUNKED the title to that vehicle. Who knows what you did with it.

I never got the full amount you owed me for the car or money for the ticket you got on it.

I heard (from one of your friends) that you never transfer titles and have told both of the people whose cars your are interested in not to sell their car to you for that reason.

7/25/09
Old 09-16-2010   #8
GREASEMONKEY
Banned

Moon Lander Champion!

Whatever man i told you exactly what happened, I stopped responding to you because there was nothing i could do about it. I pulled the motor and other misc parts out of the car and sold the shell to a friend of mine all within 3 days of getting it from you, I could care less what bs rumors that float around. Why would i pay to transfer the title on a car that i wasnt planning on driving?

As far as the bearings in that motor they very well could have been put in wrong that was the first motor i ever built, The motor that was in the car i sold to tom ran fine up until the rod knock, I very well could have not tourqed the rod bolts down all the way but i put close to 1000 miles on that motor before anything happened..

I dont know where you get off calling me a D-bag, I find this humoring as you dont know sh*t about building motors or anything motor related for that matter thats why at the time you were having a 19 year old kid build you a motor.. Correct me if im wrong there isn't too much that you know about cars thats why other people are always fixing or building your stuff... Hmmm, Trial and error is the way ive learned and there have been plenty of motors that i built that are still running to this day with no problems so kindly fuck off!

And i know that you told the people not to sell their cars to me and there going to anyways because im going to go with them to the DMV and transfer the title with him. As far as the other car there is no title, Just a bill of sale

Thanks for your maturity i knew it wouldn't be long until it showed.. And of course when all this scheming and conning that i was doing at the time never got brought up until a year or more later, If it was such a problem why wasnt it brought up sooner?

I dont know where people get off saying some of this shit, I've been ripped off plenty of times too, I'm not saying its ok or justifing anything but i never acted like some of you guys..

Grow up man, Quit talking shit on the internet, And move on.. Its getting old really fast.

I apologized to you when all this happened and everything was fine until this stuff with tom happened, Nobody had anything bad to say about me.. Its crazy what rumors can do and how many people have nothing better with their lives but to listen to / believe them.

Bring some proof to the table then talk all the shit you want.

-Stephan
Old 09-16-2010   #9
scheides
flips McGee

Reminder guys, NO NAMECALLING keep everything above the belt. GREASEMONKEY, some people get banned for a LONG time and never come back or when they do its with a violent, explosive post that basically is asking to get banned. You mention this a few times but kinda delivered a 'meh' performance to be honest. Welcome back I guess, hopefully you and others can learn from the past and we can all move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #10
GREASEMONKEY
Banned

Moon Lander Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Reminder guys, NO NAMECALLING keep everything above the belt. GREASEMONKEY, some people get banned for a LONG time and never come back or when they do its with a violent, explosive post that basically is asking to get banned. You mention this a few times but kinda delivered a 'meh' performance to be honest. Welcome back I guess, hopefully you and others can learn from the past and we can all move on.
Wow, i definatly wasn't expecting this but thank you for the welcome back, I understand the reason that I got banned but I feel that I wasn't the only one in the wrong and sense you know tom personally I felt that you favored him in this situation. But as we all know life isn't fair...

I appreciate the welcome back and understanding in this matter

I have never intentionally ripped anyone off, and never will.. I always wanted to give good deals on the stuff I was selling and wanted to help out anyone I could.

I apologize for my language and will watch what I type, I needed to defend myself after all this bashing that's been going on and apperently some people are a little sore about it..lol

-Stephan
Old 09-16-2010   #11
GREASEMONKEY
Banned

Moon Lander Champion!

And just out of curiousity what do you mean by a "meh" performance? Maybe I missed something..
Old 09-17-2010   #12
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Quote:
Whatever man i told you exactly what happened, I stopped responding to you because there was nothing i could do about it. I pulled the motor and other misc parts out of the car and sold the shell to a friend of mine all within 3 days of getting it from you, I could care less what bs rumors that float around. Why would i pay to transfer the title on a car that i wasnt planning on driving?
You could have paid me the rest of the money you owed me the rebuilt motor and the money for the ticket...

Quote:
As far as the bearings in that motor they very well could have been put in wrong that was the first motor i ever built
I wasn't told this when I got it. Would have been nice to know someone without any experience built the motor...

Quote:
I dont know where you get off calling me a D-bag, I find this humoring as you dont know sh*t about building motors or anything motor related for that matter thats why at the time you were having a 19 year old kid build you a motor.. Correct me if im wrong there isn't too much that you know about cars thats why other people are always fixing or building your stuff... Hmmm, Trial and error is the way ive learned and there have been plenty of motors that i built that are still running to this day with no problems so kindly fuck off!
I have done plenty of work to cars including several motors, trannies, pull part outs... I have other people work on my stuff at times as it is not something I care to do for fun and because I work a lot of hours and don't always at time. For building motors...trial and error isn't the way to go... especially if you are working on something for someone else. I didn't have you Build that motor for me, but what happened to the rebuilt motor you were supposed to provide me in the deal for that car? I supplied you with a short block but never heard anything from that.

Quote:
And i know that you told the people not to sell their cars to me and there going to anyways because im going to go with them to the DMV and transfer the title with him. As far as the other car there is no title, Just a bill of sale.
I told them for good reason. I also told Desolate if he does it to go to the DMV to ensure it is transferred.

Quote:
Thanks for your maturity i knew it wouldn't be long until it showed.. And of course when all this scheming and conning that i was doing at the time never got brought up until a year or more later, If it was such a problem why wasnt it brought up sooner?.
I brought this up in 3/2010 if you didn't notice prior. I just didn't get into the details. What pissed me off is you coming on here after being away several months and trying to tell everyone you haven't done anything wrong and are good to deal with. If this is the case, maybe you can give me the rest of the money for the car I sold you, pay for the ticked I had to pay for because of you, and furnish me with a rebuilt 6 bolt motor.

I don't think that is going to happen...

Quote:
I dont know where people get off saying some of this shit, I've been ripped off plenty of times too, I'm not saying its ok or justifing anything but i never acted like some of you guys..

Quote:
Grow up man, Quit talking shit on the internet, And move on.. Its getting old really fast.
I am not talking shit, I am talking the truth. Also, I know I am way more mature than you are...

Quote:
I apologized to you when all this happened and everything was fine until this stuff with tom happened, Nobody had anything bad to say about me.. Its crazy what rumors can do and how many people have nothing better with their lives but to listen to / believe them.
I don't remember any appology, but if you were so sorry about what happened, you would have at least tried to do something to rectify the situation. As I said above. I am telling the truth...

Quote:

-Stephan
Will look through my older PMs and deliver...

7/25/09

Last edited by slowbubblecar; 09-17-2010 at 01:26 AM..
Old 09-17-2010   #13
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Quote:
Now for anyone that has bought anything from me im alwalys honest and give some of the best prices around!
Quote:
I needed to defend myself after all this bashing that's been going on and apperently some people are a little sore about it..lol
Quote:
You asked for it:

See attached. These PMs were at the bottom of my list, but I saved them because of this whole deal. The first attachement doesn't have the specific deal we worked out, but shows there was a deal relating to getting your parts and cash. The cash part was supposed to be for $2,100 instead of the amount discussed in the PM. We must have discussed that over the phone or in person.

Evidenced in this message also is your statement saying that the built motor was pretty much new (13 miles) and that you have worked on a few other motors as well. No where did you discolse this motor was the first one you built, or that you haven't had any experience prior. One would assume if you have done a few motors and people were going to you for rebuilds that you would some idea of what you are doing. Guess I was wrong with that assumption.

The second attachment shows you acknowledging some deal about rebuilding a motor for me. I have never received anything from this and I am guessing you have probably sold MY block.

Is that enough proof? I value my time and that is why I didn't expanded on my 3/2010 comments prior. Proving you wrong was enough of a benefit to wasting time on this thread this time around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Proof of our proposed deal.JPG
Views:	478
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	10681   Click image for larger version

Name:	rebuilt motor.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	10682  

7/25/09
Old 09-17-2010   #14
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

You are very lucky Scheides posted in this thread before I did otherwise you'd be banned for good for all the member bashing/name calling. Grow up and act like an adult...and stop ripping other members off.

Last edited by Kracka; 09-17-2010 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-17-2010   #15
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
And just out of curiousity what do you mean by a "meh" performance? Maybe I missed something..
Try reading your own posts.
Old 09-17-2010   #16
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Wow, i definatly wasn't expecting this but thank you for the welcome back, I understand the reason that I got banned but I feel that I wasn't the only one in the wrong and sense you know tom personally I felt that you favored him in this situation. But as we all know life isn't fair...
I've read everything you wrote from the beginning and I have yet to see just cause that Tom was anywhere in the wrong in this situation except being a little naive. Buyer beware but since you like this site so much laying down a big ban on you obviously hit home. You said you understand the reason you got banned so man up and take it; then consider dealing with some of the other sketchy issues mentioned in this thread.

Quote:
I've seen some epic posts by people flaming me and everyone on this site to high hell, name calling, run-on sentences, I've seen some pretty amazing douche-baggery. Yours was well, almost a little respectful. Keep that sentiment and you can stay for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #17
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Yours was well, almost a little respectful. Keep that sentiment and you can stay for a while
Are we reading the same thread? LOL
Old 09-17-2010   #18
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance
Re: GREASEMONKEY: having problems *BUYERS BEWARE*

I did fix the engine that you put the bearings in wrong in for james. Also dont like you coming off and calling me ''19 year old kid '' when I am far from it and you are alot younger than I am.

Hell I have never said anything bad about you and dealings with you and the problems with the stuff I have bought from you.

This is just uncalled for
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #19
GREASEMONKEY
Banned

Moon Lander Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkrPerformance View Post
I did fix the engine that you put the bearings in wrong in for james. Also dont like you coming off and calling me ''19 year old kid '' when I am far from it and you are alot younger than I am.

Hell I have never said anything bad about you and dealings with you and the problems with the stuff I have bought from you.

This is just uncalled for
I never said anything about you being 19.. I was refering to myself being 19 at the time.. Sorry didn't mean for the mis understanding..
Old 09-17-2010   #20
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

ok
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote