MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Video Forum

Old 11-27-2017   #1
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson
Clean energy disruption

Pretty good video, wouldn’t surprise me if his predictions and timelines actually happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxryv2XrnqM&hd=1
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017   #2
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
Re: Clean energy disruption

An hour long but an interesting look. I don't think he will be too far off. At least for densely populated areas. In certain places the numbers and economics of it will make sense and work before it does in other areas. I don't see things like big over the road trucks going EV for some time longer. Which is good unless all of us motor heads want to switch to jigawatts instead of dinosaurs.

That said, I just read an article on wireless charging for electric cars. Works the same as the wireless charging for your cell phone, minus the fact the car can be doing 60-65 MPH.

EV's and self-driving cars are coming, resistance is futile.
Old 12-02-2017   #3
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson
Re: Clean energy disruption

Glad someone watched it, and agreed it will happen in more densely populated areas first. Other countries and only our biggest cities at first. I’m pretty excited. The major downside I see for colder climates is gas heating. Electric is so much less efficient, it’s difficult to get enough solar power to heat a home in winter. I had a 7kW system installed but that only covers AC and electric usage. If I converted to electric furnace and water heater, it would need to be double that size in winter.

If I were to build a home from scratch, I’d do geothermal hvac, and solar for the rest of the house energy. Probably about a 15 year payoff though. But maybe in 10 years it will only be a sub 10 year payoff with reduced prices. Then more will adopt.

Last edited by asshanson; 12-02-2017 at 12:53 AM..
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote