MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2017   #1
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars
Project DSM-NonGM

Well I'm a bit bored today at work and have a little extra time. Figured you guys might be interested in my project that I have been sitting on for quite some time and to also bring a little Mitsu back to the forums.

About a year and half ago I was looking for a project car, something I could spend some free time on and also wanted a vehicle that would be a fun street car to drive during the summer. At the time I really didn't want to spend a lot of money, looking at EVO's was my first option as I really liked my 2005 I had. Realized pretty quick that pricing for a quality well kept and low mileage evo was still quite high. So after some craigslist browsing for awhile I came across this Talon, looked really nice in the photos and best of all it didn't have any rust so I went and checked it out. Now as anyone can assume on a car this age it was not in perfect shape. It had an exhaust leak and slight misfire in the higher rpm's and smoked a little bit from what appeared to be oil.

Well after consideration and a little bartering on the price I ended up coming home with this.

The mods it came with were not much, it came with HKS 272/264 cams and really crappy 'slip fit' homemade exhaust and evo 3 manifold and some guages. Still had the stock intake with the huge maf sensor. But he also threw in new intercooler piping(short route) a rebuilt "bastard 20g". A crappy a/m 2g intake with maf sensor and some evo8 injectors.

I figured since this car had never been tuned I would get everything swapped over and start with the new parts the guy had to get some more power out of this car. First I ordered the intercooler to match the piping and bought new spark plugs and ordered some exhaust gaskets to fix the leaks.Then began taking everything apart.

My brothers RX-8 in the background. Has a 13b in it and will be running a fairly large borgwarner turbo soon.

More pics of the car when I first got it are here http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34697

Ill keep updating this as I get more time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140808_202832_resized.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	16468   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140820_200310_resized.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	16469  

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL

Last edited by AwdGSX13; 04-11-2017 at 01:18 PM..
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 in the wastegate, 2 in the dump pipe, didn't learn first time, dsm on stands, mo money mo problems