MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Want to buy

Old 01-31-2007   #21
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
Re: built head, eprom, dsmlink

Also with the evoIII head, since the ports are smaller, would it still be worth it to upgrade the stock 2g intake mani and TB?
Old 01-31-2007   #22
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Shane's talking about smaller ports on an EVO 8 head. I'm not sure what the EVO 3 has in comparison, probably similar to the 2G since they're similar engines.

The 2G head is very good, Kevin Kwiatkowski runs 9's with one with little to no porting last I heard. From personal experience, I had a heavily ported 1G head on my car and I picked up a noticeable gain in power and spool up going to a cleaned up stockish port 1G head. Basically I learned a lot from my original porting work 7-8 years ago to what I just put on 2-3 years ago. Totally different and much better by the butt dyno on my old setup.

The 2G TB and intake are restrictive unless you want maximum torque with a stockish turbo. Exactly what the designers were looking for.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #23
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Shane's talking about smaller ports on an EVO 8 head. I'm not sure what the EVO 3 has in comparison, probably similar to the 2G since they're similar engines.

The 2G head is very good, Kevin Kwiatkowski runs 9's with one with little to no porting last I heard. From personal experience, I had a heavily ported 1G head on my car and I picked up a noticeable gain in power and spool up going to a cleaned up stockish port 1G head. Basically I learned a lot from my original porting work 7-8 years ago to what I just put on 2-3 years ago. Totally different and much better by the butt dyno on my old setup.

The 2G TB and intake are restrictive unless you want maximum torque with a stockish turbo. Exactly what the designers were looking for.
Yea I'm not looking at porting anything. I am probably just going to go with the evoIII head cause the cams are a little bigger and the runners are a little shorter. I'll get a 1g TB and intake mani thought. This seems to be the best way to go for me. If I were planning on getting 272s and going with a fully built head, I would probably stick with a 2g head. But I'm only shooting for mid 300awhp.
Old 02-04-2007   #24
HiImBrian

Now that I think about it, would it be dumb to upgrade to a 1g intake mani? I realize the 2g doesn't flow quite as much, but it does fit up to the evoIII head, unlike the 1g head.