Re: MitsuStyle.com

Otherstyle? I'll take it!
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #22
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian

I like the idea of separating 3s's, evos, and dsms etc. I just hope we don't lose the "unity" that this site has to offer. I'm also a dsm owner and I am sad to see a strictly dsm based website expand. For me it just makes it harder to find what I'm looking for. I just hope it works out no matter what.
Old 10-01-2006   #23
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Pimpinstyle? hahaha

The name change should be interesting, im open for change, it doesnt really matter what the site is called it will still be the same down deep.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #24
1ViciousGSX
Admin

The only forums I would think that would be broken down would be the tech forums. No need to break anything else apart.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #25
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

And that's all I ask. Please please please please please please please please let me mod my own forum....! lol.

(let's see how begging works )
Old 10-01-2006   #26
scheides
flips McGee

Sheesh, relax! If you pay me one million dollars, I will let you.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #27
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

No, Chris I'll make you give the money back LOL
Old 10-02-2006   #28
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

I'll have the money next time I see you. I hope you've got the boardwalk and vermont avenue.
Old 10-02-2006   #29
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I think that the change will be good. I kinda agree, the given reason is kinda silly, but whatever.
I am sure that the change will be taken care of in a good way and no one will find the quality of the site dropping.
As far as the noob thing goes, don't be a complete dumbass, and then maybe u won't get owned.
Pimpin' style FTW!!
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #30
EVOMR05
Mommy

I have watched this site grow since the begining...(with my kids and their friends) and now as a family...well both my sons are members, along with many of their friends and me!
Everyone hates change. But change is good. It will bring in fresh ideas, new topics, & best of all new friends to chat with, who like everyone on this site like their cars and want to have fun. So it maybe hard to make the change....but worth it in the long run.
So good luck "MitsuStyle.com"
Old 10-02-2006   #31
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4

I fear change
Old 10-02-2006   #32
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

No HondaStyle.com? Haha

I think the name change will bring in a bit more traffic (hopefully for the better). Its amazing how this site has grown since its conception in....let me think here.....2002? I think thats when I joined at least.

*edit* That thing to the left says I joined on Aug '03 which doesn't seem right. I know I first started whoring on the site sometime during my soph. year of college which was Sept '02 - May '03.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #33
AJ
Area code 166 represent

I've owned the name sometime around 1999 - 2000 and i think the first forums went up around 2001 and it's been downhill ever since.
Old 10-02-2006   #34
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMStyle
I've owned the name sometime around 1999 - 2000 and i think the first forums went up around 2001 and it's been downhill ever since.
Yup, I think I was something like the 6th member on the "old, old old" forum.
Back when you were actively recruiting on MIAC.com.

We welcome the change up here at the shop as well. This will still be THE local dsm board, but if we can also start to welcome the other Mitsubishi enthusists, so much the better.

It is like Chris said at the dyno day, we all have the same problems. A parent company that doesn't like to honor warranty and recall work, strong motors, weak trannies, and worthless accessory components. Couple that with the various grades of plastic dash's among the different cars, and in a nutshell we all deal with similar shit. Granted some cars are fwd, awd, n/a, turbo..etc but there is a common theme, we are all Mitsubishi Enthusists.
Old 10-02-2006   #35
tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kracka
*edit* That thing to the left says I joined on Aug '03 which doesn't seem right. I know I first started whoring on the site sometime during my soph. year of college which was Sept '02 - May '03.
Didnt the site lose everything sometime in the spring/early summer of 02 and all of the members had to re-sign up? I thought I remember something like that? I have been reading since about that time but never joined til recently.

I dont think the new name will be a bad thing at all. The whole DSM crowd is getting smaller and smaller every month.

Allan, are you planning on keeping the dsmstyle.com address too? Like have it redirect you to the new name? I think that would be a smart idea.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #36
AJ
Area code 166 represent

yeah, we have gone through 3 periods of actual forum changes resulting in 3 times people have had to sign up. Finally biting the bullet with the vB software was the way to go.

We are keeping the DSMStyle.com name. I'll never give that up. Shit I still think I have midwestdsm still pointing here as well. Mitsustyle.com already points here. There is probably a few others we have snagged up. Chris knows more on that one. And there's one I want him to grab. lol
Old 10-02-2006   #37
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

Personally I don't understand why people feel there is a need for change, especially after a huge debate already took place a few months back when the name change to MidwestDSM.com was proposed. I remember when Allan was on the verge of throwing everything in the dumpster and selling the DSMStyle.com domain but as already pointed out, the site is been a huge success. People from all realms of the Mitsu and non-Mitsu world already are participating members here. If someone feels that they're not welcome because they don't drive a DSM, they need to open their eyes and look at the community that has developed here, and look past what everyone drives. I have been an active member since mid-2002 and did not own a DSM until mid-2004. Having DSM in the domain name obviously didn't bother me. Quite frankly, I believe that changing the name to Mitsustyle.com is only going to invite more stupid fucking idiots who should be spamming the Newbie forum on Toonerz versus wasting everyone's time here.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing

Last edited by Jakey; 10-02-2006 at 12:56 PM..
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #38
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey
only going to invite more stupid fucking idiots who should be spamming the Newbie forum on Toonerz versus wasting everyone's time here.
This is what I am trying to avoid, we have some admin here that take the time to try and correct the way a new member acts on the forums. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But we will continue to give ALL new members a fair shot with the change. No matter how clueless some might be. And like myself when I got my first DSM, I was totaly in the dark. Still am on some things.

This also goes with putting an end to items such as the flamdimation valve occurances.

Plain and simple, if people don't have anything good to say on the fourms don't say it. Bring it to an admin and we will deal with it from there.

I don't want to be put in a position to keep one old school member vs 20 new members who know nothing just because of post content.
Old 10-02-2006   #39
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon

I don't mind the name change. So go for it. And yes been here for a while also. And I agree it bring more people in. My only beef is that I don't have to resign up. But I think the vb software has the covered. So do what ya want to do man. If people hate it let them deal with it. Its what you want the community to be like. Mitsu DSM who cares. If you think Mitsu is bad. Then he could of done Eagle or Plymouth.

So I am one for the new change. I think I can live threw that.

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #40
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMStyle
This is what I am trying to avoid, we have some admin here that take the time to try and correct the way a new member acts on the forums. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But we will continue to give ALL new members a fair shot with the change. No matter how clueless some might be. And like myself when I got my first DSM, I was totaly in the dark. Still am on some things.

This also goes with putting an end to items such as the flamdimation valve occurances.

Plain and simple, if people don't have anything good to say on the fourms don't say it. Bring it to an admin and we will deal with it from there.

I don't want to be put in a position to keep one old school member vs 20 new members who know nothing just because of post content.
"Out with the old in with the new?"
Isn't that the saying?