MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 12-24-2004   #1
Eclipse15056

Send a message via AIM to Eclipse15056
Springs

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have springs put on my 95 eclipse cause i have no idea how to do it. If anyone wants to do it for some cash im willing to pay let me know folks
Eclipse15056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004   #2
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Re: Springs

Just springs or are you going to do the shocks at the same time? There are some other things you might want to consider while doing the springs, like camber kits and such. You can get away with it to a certain extent but anything lower than 1" should have the camber kits. And you will not be very happy with your ride with stock shocks if you go too low.

Springs however are not that hard to do. You can rent the spring depresser from Checker for cheap if not for free. And then its just a matter of unbolting parts and putting the new springs in. Granted everything isn't all rusted.

Let it be known what springs you are going to put in, as well as brand and the lowering rate. Then we can let you know what else you are going to need if anything else to install them.

CRAIG
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004   #3
Eclipse15056

yea I think they are coilovers and one more question do you take your stut off when doing this?
Old 12-25-2004   #4
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

I lowered my 95 with tanabe springs. Dropped it 2" and put 17" rims on it. The front had zero issue with camber, but the rear was bad. You can make your own homemade kit with some new bolts and washers to fix the rear camber. Only cost you maybe $10. But then again if you're using coilovers, you're camber is gunna get jacked up everytime you adjust the things. If you haven't already boughten the coilovers, I'd research a little before purchasing them because I think springs is usually the better choice over coilovers. Unless you plan on dropping it to the ground for shows or whatever, and the bringin it back up afterwards, and getting the suspension all realligned again. Also yes, you will be removing some of the suspension components when doing this, and your struts will be unhooked from the car when you do this. It's been awhile since I did it, but I did it following a Chilton's and it had me removing the struts.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #5
dsm95gsxer

Where do you live and do you have a warm place to work on it. Don't seperate the springs from the struts you'll get a nasty suprise. I read a good coilover set up (shock and spring combo) although expensive is worth it, good ride quality, adjustablity.
dsm95gsxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #6
Eclipse15056

well I dont have money right now for stuts so I'm prolly gonnna drop it only a inch or so.. I live in woodbury and I could have a warm place .
Old 12-28-2004   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Don't do anything at all if you can't afford to do it right. Seriously, you'll drop it an inch on cheap shitty springs and your stock shocks will be junk within a month. A cheap, but good, setup would be some KYB GR-2 shocks all around and some Pro-Kit springs. You'll be looking at about $400.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote