MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Want to buy

Old 02-13-2009   #1
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Drives: RR EVO Viii 493AWHP Spilner Mobile(sold)
WTB: 2g AWD DSM $6,500+/-

I want to buy a clean 2g DSM with a 6 bolt swap.
I WILL pay above KBB.

Must be AWD model.
Must be a manual transmission with all gears working no grind.
I would prefer a GSX 1997-1999.

I don’t care about color.
I don’t care about rims.
I don’t care about mods aside form a 6 bolt swap, I don’t want it crank walking on me.
I don’t care about interior fabric but would prefer leather, every thing clean and unpainted (I hate seeing red yellow and blue plastics paint ruining interiors)
I don’t care about MINOR dents or dings but I don’t want to see ANY rust on the vehicle.
I don’t want to have to replace any body parts or repaint the car.
I don’t want any mechanical issues with the car.
I don’t want any electrical issues with the car.
I don’t want any “only stutters when it’s cold, only makes this noise when you turn too sharp, has 258,864 ALL HIGHWAY miles, only burns a little coolant…” or any other annoying little problem that’s making you want to sell it. I don’t want your headache.

PLEASE check YOUR KBB before offering me a car. A 1999 ECLIPSE GSX with 100,000 miles and all the options is worth $5,145 in excellent condition. Do the search for your self. I would pay $6,500 for a 99 GSX in excellent condition. I would not pay $6,500 for a 99 GSX that has 168,000 miles and needs to be completely restored. A 2g DSM is a very nice care but IT IS NOT GOLD, or worth its weight. I’d be better off taking 7k to a dealership and putting it down on an 04 EVO and owing 8k. YES I had an 04 STI with 315 WHP I know what its like to have a car like that and I know I don’t like making payments or high insurance. YES I HAVE a 95 TSI AWD that needs all kinds of work that I just don’t want to do.

Excellent
$5,145

Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
Complete and verifiable service records.
Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good
$4,695

Free of any major defects.
Clean title history, the paints, body, and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems.
Little or no rust on this vehicle.
Tires match and have substantial tread wear left.
A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail.
Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Fair
$4,170

Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition.
Clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional.
Tires may need to be replaced.
There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor
N/A

Severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition.
May have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body.
Branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage.
Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of these vehicles varies greatly. A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.
* Minnesota 2/13/2009

Thank you! I have time to keep looking; I'm in Iraq until June so I'm in no rush.

Cam
Cammaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #2
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Re: WTB: 2g AWD DSM $6,500+/-

I have received a few PMS regarding the 1995 Talon TSI AWD that I currently have sitting in my back yard. Its dark green, has graphite grey aftermarket rims I believe they are only 16”. Odometer read 43xxx. There is no rust on the car, but the doors were banged up pretty bad when I got it so I switched them out with black doors off of an avenger, I had to switch the glass and side mirrors out, I was told the doors fit but the people at the junk yard failed to let me know the glass wouldn’t. Either way the doors are in good condition and fit now. The power steering was out when I got the car; I replaced the pump and fixed the problem. The car has a 6 bolt swap in it with an aftermarket intake, bov , manual boost controller, 3.5” full exhaust , front and rear sway bars, and don’t quote me but I think it’s the A’pexi SACF 2 installed where the main air vents are. Intier is cloth and magically the insides of the avenger doors matched. The interior could use a good cleaning, there are a few cig burns though. The car starts but the coolant was low when I checked it. No white smoke out of the exhaust so I believe that if there is a leak its external. The intercool (stock) could use some new clamps the pipes popped off a few times and we just re attached them. The car has been sitting since Nov 2007 so I’m guessing it will need new brakes and a tune up. I was going to basically re do the entire car, Jan 28 2008 I totaled my 07 WRX (it was raining all day froze that night and I took a corner too fast.) Decided to put the TSI aside, bought an 04 STi, it already had a few mods done to it so I decided to work on that. One of my injectors wasn’t properly grounded, poor install, running 30 psi/meth and no gas in cyl 4 put a whole in the piston (bore scope at Sisu). Decided I didn’t want to mess with any more tuner cars traded that STI in, got a good price, and bought an 02 DTS fully equipped., felt very VIP, then got deployed to Iraq. Let the car sit in storage, decided I didn’t want it to depreciate any more, and sold it. Now I have cash and want a nice 2g DSM.

LONG STORY SHORT> when I get a nice 2g I will borrow any parts I need off my 2g, then sell it as a shell to the highest bidder. I don’t expect to get much. My friend has a, brand new in the box, 6 bolt act 2600 or 2900 clutch (can’t remember which) that he will sell for $350.

Sorry I like to write so much. When I get a new 2g expect pics and an auction for my shell.
Old 02-13-2009   #3
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

hows it going bitch
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #4
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

I figured if I left enough post on here one of you guys would find me! I think I‘m gona have Jer go look at a 97 TSI AWD for me on sun but the thing has some serious rust rear rocker panels, both doors and the hood. I wouldn’t give him more than $3k for it. Other than that the interior is mint and it had a lot of work done to it…. 6 years ago lol.

What do you think about this website? I’ve been looking at it for years thinking MAN if I only had the cash to do it I would but the whole importing cars things scares me.

http://www.batfa.com/usedcar-mitsubishi-lancerevolution-stock.html

It’s $1800 to ship to the US, $70 marine insurance, and obviously the price of the car. I figure I could get an EVO 1 over here for $7k? Honestly what do you think?
Old 02-13-2009   #5
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Can't legally register or drive it here though. Even some of the "legally" imported Evos and Skylines have been siezed by the government.
Old 02-13-2009   #6
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

So if I got an EVO 1 to the states, what would I have to do to register it? Or is it just not possible? Not to get off topic either I still want this to be about me finding a nice 2g.
Old 02-13-2009   #7
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

it would never be let out of customs. best if you want a old evo just build it. or buy one that is here already that is titled but you will pay for it. Any way you dont want a evo I they are junk they dont have any of the cool evo II-III parts in them. pretty much the evo I is a galant vr4 with a 7bolt

Last edited by TkrPerformance; 02-13-2009 at 11:45 AM..
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #8
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

Ok I’m over importing a car, now I’m going to get back to finding a nice 2g. I looked into what you need to do to import a car and its more work than I want to do, I left a thread titled "Importing a EURO/JDM CAR" if anyone else is interested. NOW lol just help me find a clean 2g I know they exist. Somewhere?

Last edited by Cammaxon; 02-13-2009 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-13-2009   #9
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

I've seen a LOT of nice 2gs, I want to buy YOUR car.

Last edited by Cammaxon; 02-13-2009 at 05:36 PM..
Old 02-15-2009   #10
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

I think i found a nice 97 tsi awd !!!!! Needs a paint job and some rust repaired but other than that the car is clean and the price is riggght
Old 02-21-2009   #11
Cammaxon
Brian Spilner called...

I bought my 2nd dsm 1997 TSi AWD 137k on the body 50k on the rebuilt eng, leather interior stock body and rims needs paint though ...... got it for $3,300!

here's a list of the upgrades and it came with all the oem parts as well.

Performance Upgrades

Intake
K&N FIPK Air Filter
Mutt ETE42 Turbo (60-1 trim compressor)
Hallman manual boost controller
Large front mount intercooler (Indy Race Cores)
Powder coated 2.5" lower and upper intercooler piping
Greddy blow-off valve
1st Generation throttle body
Extrude honed and ported intake manifold

Fuel Delivery
Walbro 255lph high volume fuel pump
Fuel pump rewired direct to battery
Large diameter stainless steel fuel lines
K&N fuel filter
Aeromotive Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
750cc upgraded fuel injectors

Exhaust
Ported and polished exhaust manifold
Ported and polished oxygen sensor housing
3" Archer Racing downtube
3 1/4" stainless steel exhaust
High flow muffler
No catalytic converter

Engine
Head rebuilt (Archer Racing)
1mm oversized stainless steel intake and exhaust valves
HKS 272 intake and exhaust cams
1st Generation block married to 2nd generation head (Archer Racing)
Block bored 0.020" over
New Eagle rods
New JE 0.020" pistons/rings
New ARP head studs
New timing belt
New knock sensor
New driveshaft

Drivetrain
ACT 2600 racing clutch
Stainless steel clutch lines
New clutch master cylinder
Lightened flywheel
Full synthetic transmission and differential fluids
Slotted brake rotors
Axxis Ultimate brake pads
Stainless steel brake lines
New front axle

Gauging
SPI boost gauge (installed on A-Pillar)
Inteltronix A/F monitor (installed on A-Pillar)
Fuel pressure gauge
Exhaust gas temperature (EGT) gauge
Digital oxygen sensor gauge

Other
DSMLink V2 engine management system
High performance spark plug wires
New battery New, alternator Ziebart rustproofing
Black Widow car alarm system

car is in serious need of a proper tune, Jerrids either going to get Mark to do that tonight or he said hed bug Chris... once we get it some one tuned

ill call DB on Monday and make an apt so Shane can do a proper tune on it. i trust him he tuned my Sti for me.

After we get it nice and tuned ... I'm going to fix some rust and repaint it

Tags
wtb 6 bolt 2g dsm