MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > The Good Stuff

Old 03-12-2004   #1
rick shindley

Tournaments Won: 6

I have been seeing a few aftermarket clones of the venerable Todd's Mods chip. The last two I had to install included a single wire to connect to the clutch switch. That's it, a wire. Unfortunately, that's not what is needed to connect the ECU to the clutch switch. A plain wire alone will not work.

A picture of the original (blue) wire shown on Todd's website doesn't explain what lies under the heatshrink. If you simply connect an ordinary wire as depicted in the instructions the stutterbox feature will not work, as will not any other feature involving the clutch pedal. I figured out how to correct the problem.

You must use two diodes in addition to the plain wire. You will need two 1N4004 diodes from Radio Shack (or wherever). Connect the banded ends of the two diodes together and then connect it to the cut green wire to the clutch switch connector. Connect the non-banded end of either diode to the remaining cut green wire. Connect the non-banded end of the remaining diode to the wire from pin 104 on the ECU (small) connector.

That's it!

Rick