MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 03-21-2006   #1
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm
Fuel Pump?

1993 Talon TSI AWD-Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, MBC, ACT 2600 clutch.

I've been thinking about getting a fuel pump for sometime now and I know many people go with either the 190 lph or the 255 lph. The 255 lph probably flows more and all, but then you would need a FPR right? I just wanna know what would be the fuel pump worth getting right now. I'm not going over 300hp for atleast another year or two. So would the 190 be the better choice right now for me? Then later on switch to a 255 and get the FPR? I have a stock fuel system right now. Got an S-AFC laying around somewhere in the house and will probably install that this summer. Any help will do. Or any info about the fuel system will do. Gotta do more research when I get back. Thanks for any help...
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #2
Shotgun!
Totenritt

Drives: Cranberry Plastic, Shiny red Bayliner with a V10
Send a message via AIM to Shotgun! Send a message via MSN to Shotgun!
Re: Fuel Pump?

You would need a different pump based on what you are feeding the gas to. What turbo are you running? What turbo do you plan on running? For a 14b, the 190 is just fine...
Old 03-21-2006   #3
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Yeah, right now i'm running the lil 14b and once that one gives in, I get bored of it, or I have the money I'll switch to a larger one (not sure yet, still looking around). I guess for now I'll get the 190, since it'll be cheaper and easier to install compared to the 255 and fpr cause I know little to nothing about installing and working that stuff.
Old 03-21-2006   #4
scheides
flips McGee

This has been beaten to death, search around, please. I say just go for the 255HP & be done with it. FPR may not even be necessary.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #5
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Rewire the stock pump and install the AFC and that is all you will need for the 14b. And you don't need a FPR for a 255 in most cases. Its hit or miss whether your stock FPR will hold up or not. Some do and some don't. But its not a bad idea to get a aftermarket FPR when installing a larger fuel pump.

If you are planning to upgrade turbos soon a fuel pump isn't a bad idea. The 190 will be ok if you stay in the 16G or 20G range but if you want to go any bigger you might as well get a 255.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #6
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

do the work once..the correct way in the first place. Get the 255. it's not any harder to install. rewire it while you are at it. As for the FPR, you probably will not need it. I have a stock one, mo has a stock one, and i know a few others out there do to..It basically helps the idle. I know there are other purposes to it, but for me..it would only help the idle. If the car runs fine without it, ya don't need it.

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006   #7
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably stick with the 255 now that I know more about it. I dont think the fuel pump will go out before I get a turbo upgrade. Sounds like I have one project this summer...besides maintenance!