MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 06-11-2012   #21
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Car Appraisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
^^^^So you guys get lots of cars in that have more money invested into mods than the car is technically worth? That is what he is getting at, he wants to be covered if something were to happen and get more than $1,500 for a car he probably has $10,000 into. NADA and KBB won't help him one bit in that regard.
If that is what he is really after...he's next to screwed. lol Quite honestly. When we have modified cars, we mark up the price by a certain percentage to get our money back. The modifications are usually new and installed by us. Never anything fancy.. "Cold air intakes", full exhaust systems, wheels, body kits (sadly), and "custom" paint if you will.
Nothing more than the car is worth by any means. So at that, I am not actually sure if there is a sure fire way to get a car appraised the way he is asking..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #22
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

No, it is completely custom. Figure adding *maybe* 30% of the value of the mod parts themselves to the base value of the vehicle if the mods are done tastefully and correctly.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012   #23
Zivman

Drives: IX @ 33 psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by viridionplague View Post
i dont know how it is with your insurance. but with mine they will not insure a car for more than twice its stock value.

so if the going value on the car according to insurance is $2000 they will not insure the car for more than $4000 regardless of how much you spent on mods.

i believe the reason for this is so that people cant go buy some pile of shit. throw a shit ton of mods to ramp up the price then wrecking the car. then the insurance company is stuck paying out gobs of money for a car with little to no actual value.

my insurance company also requires you to carry added coverages such as comprehension and collision when you start adding aftermarket modding insurance further increasing the price.
If ones premiums were based on a value of 4k, why would it matter?
Zivman is offline   Reply With Quote