MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 10-09-2007   #1
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Parting out: 1997 Eclipse GSX - Help me fund the Evo!

Car is a red 1997 Eclipse GSX (VIN: 4A3AL54F7VE014119) with around 127,000 miles on odometer with tan leather interior. I bought the car with a broken engine and instead of just putting something in there to get it running again I kept buying parts. One thing led to another, I bought an Evo and this really has no point in being in my possession any longer. Here is the list of parts as best as I can remember, if I come across more I will add them.

Chassis: Sold as a whole, not parting out- $2500 including wheels, tires, suspension and exhaust
No visible rust but needs some TLC. Was in underground parking for a year and now has several door dings. Both bumpers need to be repainted, the front was resprayed red over maroon and was never prepped so now it's flaking off, the rear was scuffed in a parking lot on the left corner. The left side skirt cap on the front was broken so I ordered a new one which is still sitting in the box unpainted. Interior needs a vacuuming but is otherwise clean, just one small tear on the driver seat in the usual spot that gets the most wear.
Installed and included with the car:
Koni 5-way adjustable shocks
ADR 17x7 wheels, 5-spoke black (don't know what model exactly)
Apexi N1 turbo back exhaust
H&R race springs (2" drop)
Autometer carbon fiber gauges (boost, oil pressure, water temp) mounted on A-pillar
Indiglo dash gauges

The front bumper was taken off when I had the car moved and never put it back on.

Go-fast parts:
Built 2.0 6-bolt - Ross 8.5:1 Pistons and Eagle Rods, ARP head studs, balanced, complete with brand new oil pump, water pump, 1990 oil filter housing and all timing belt parts, had a head installed but no longer, needs the deck surface cleaned up - $1500
HKS 280 cams (new, unused) - $550
PTE GT3561 turbo, Mitsubishi exhaust housing (new, unused) - $750 (for $50 more I will include -4 feed line with an inline filter and -10 drain line, fittings and oil pan with fitting welded to it)

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator (unused) - SOLD

AEM EMS (new, unused) - $1300 OBO

Victory Performance tubular O2 housing, external dump w/ Tial wastegate (38 or 40mm, unsure) - $225/OBO

Drivetrain:
Shep rebuilt transmission (came with the car, was told it has 10,000 miles or less on it) - $700/OBO

Slowboy Racing clutch (was told it's similar to an ACT 2100, came with the car, unknown miles, still has life on it) - Make offer

Braided stainless lines: $225 for everything OBO
-4 line from oil filter housing to turbo with 40 micron inline filter (assembled, pictured with the turbo)
-6 line (3 feet) and fittings from fuel rail to FPR, from FPR to return line (unassembled) SOLD
-8 line (6 feet) from oil filter housing to oil cooler and back (needs 1/2" NPT to -8 AN fittings for the oil cooler) (unassembled)
-10 line (3 feet) and fittings from turbo to oil pain, fitting bolted to turbo, other welded to oil pain in stock location (unassembled)

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.

Last edited by Matt D.; 06-19-2008 at 08:58 PM..
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #2
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa
Re: FS: 1997 Eclipse GSX - Help me fund the Evo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
Car is a red 1997 Eclipse GSX (VIN: 4A3AL54F7VE014119) with around 120,000 miles on odometer (I'll get the exact number later) with tan leather interior. I bought the car with a broken engine and instead of just putting something in there to get it running again I kept buying parts. One thing led to another, I bought an Evo and this really has no point in being in my posession any longer. I hope someone can pick this up and continue what I lost motivation to finish. For now I'm selling it as a whole, I do not want to part it out just yet. Here is the list of parts as best as I can remember, I'll add more if I come across more. If you want pictures of anything, just ask. I'll do what I can to get some up this week.

As the car sits now the engine is on a stand, head, manifolds, timing parts, oil filter housing, turbo and oil lines all bolted up. I put the timing belt on to make sure all was well, so now the oil pan needs to be put on, oil pump primed with timing belt off then put back on and the engine is pretty much ready to put into the car. The last things the car needs to run are air intake temp sensor, MAP sensor and intercooler piping.

At the moment I am asking for $9,000 for everything.

Body:
No visible rust but needs some TLC. Was in underground parking for a year and now has several door dings. Both bumpers need to be repainted, the front was resprayed red over maroon and was never prepped so now it's flaking off, the rear was scuffed in a parking lot on the left corner. The left side skirt cap on the front was broken so I ordered a new one which is still sitting in the box unpainted.

Interior:
Needs a vacuuming but is otherwise clean, just one small tear on the driver seat in the usual spot that gets the most wear.

Go-fast parts:
Built 2.0 6-bolt - Ross 8.5:1 Pistons and Eagle Rods, balanced
Head is port matched and has upgraded valve springs (forgot brand)
HKS 280 cams (new, unused)
Brand new oil pump, water pump, 1990 oil filter housing and all timing belt parts
780 or 880cc injectors, can't remember
GT3561 turbo (new, unused)
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator (new, unused)
AEM EMS (new, unused)
Prothane motor mounts (not installed)
Koni 5-way adjustable shocks
H&R race springs (about a 2" drop)
Apexi N1 turbo back exhaust
ADR 17x7 wheels, 5-spoke black (don't know what model exactly)
Ebay 24x12x3 bar and plate intercooler, 3" inlet/outlet
Victory Performance tubular O2 housing, external dump w/ Tial wastegate (38 or 40mm, unsure)

Drivetrain:
Shep rebuilt transmission (came with the car, was told it has 10,000 miles or less on it)
Fidanza flywheel (new, unused)
Slowboy Racing clutch (was told it's similar to an ACT 2100, came with the car, unknown miles, still has life on it)

Braided stainless lines:
-4 line from oil filter housing to turbo with 40 micron inline filter (unassembled)
-6 lines and fittings from fuel filter to fuel rail, from fuel rail to FPR, from FPR to return line (unassembled)
-8 lines from oil filter housing to oil cooler and back (needs 1/2" NPT to -8 AN fittings for the oil cooler) (unassembled)
-10 line and fittings from turbo to oil pain, fitting bolted to turbo, other welded to oil pain in stock location (unassembled)

I know you said you want to sell it as a whole. but I'm looking for a 2g parts car to do an awd swap on Sarah's car. Let me know if you want to get ride of the car. with or without the shep trans.
Old 10-09-2007   #3
hippiekiller

Sell her's and buy Matt's GSX. No reason to scrap a perfectly good car to turn a gst into a gsx. No offense.

Good luck Matt. If I hadn't bought mine last year I would pick this up for sure.
hippiekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #4
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Good luck buddy, fund the evo?
let me know if u decide to part this beast.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #5
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

This doesn't sound like a parts car by any means. Price is a little steep for a non-running car, but the basics are there. Hmmmmm.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #6
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
This doesn't sound like a parts car by any means. Price is a little steep for a non-running car, but the basics are there. Hmmmmm.
This is a starting point. I'd just rather sell it all as a whole than try to sell it piece by piece and have a pile of parts left over that no one wants.

That, and people are selling cars with not even half as much parts into them for just as much.
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17221

Quote:
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Old 10-10-2007   #7
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars

good luck on the sale. If you decide to part it out, let me know on that turbo lol..

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #8
97allwheel

Drives: I have a 97 gsx, but i daily drive a 05 focus. I also have a 08 kawaski kfx 450 and a 05 Firecat F7

Yea, but my car has half the miles.

Quote:
This is a starting point. I'd just rather sell it all as a whole than try to sell it piece by piece and have a pile of parts left over that no one wants.

That, and people are selling cars with not even half as much parts into them for just as much.
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17221

T. O.
97allwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #9
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97allwheel View Post
Yea, but my car has half the miles.
Are you interested in buying Matt's stuff? If you feel the need to tell people how many miles your car has make your own thread about it.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #10
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kracka View Post
Are you interested in buying Matt's stuff? If you feel the need to tell people how many miles your car has make your own thread about it.
I think he was defending what matt wrote about his car. I would have too.
But also, i thought we had a little rule where you cant post shit up if for sale unless you have 50 posts, am i wrong?
Also matt do you have pics? I may be interested in the block and head, if you wanna part it out.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #11
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
I think he was defending what matt wrote about his car. I would have too.
But also, i thought we had a little rule where you cant post shit up if for sale unless you have 50 posts, am i wrong?
Also matt do you have pics? I may be interested in the block and head, if you wanna part it out.
My mistake, sorry n00b I don't know

That rule was done away with after those waste-of-money classifieds were scrapped.
Old 10-22-2007   #12
eclipse_spyder
The most ricest dsm

If you part it out, I definetly want that shep tranny and maybe the AEM EMS and HKS 280's.
eclipse_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007   #13
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite

I'd be interested in the motor if you part it out.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007   #15
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

I've decided to part it out and updated the first post accordingly. You lowball me, I ignore you. First come, first serve.

Quote:

Last edited by Matt D.; 10-24-2007 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-24-2007   #16
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest
Re: Parting out: 1997 Eclipse GSX - Help me fund the Evo!

You're not willing to seperate the braided lines? I might be interested in the turbo oil line if it goes to a garrett turbo inlet, depending on your price, of course.

Oh, and you should put some of that stuff on your evo, if that really is the purpose of the sale (at least injectors or something, maybe intercooler?).
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #17
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

The PTE turbo I have doesn't have a fitting or any threads on the oil return, I bought a nice machined fitting off eBay that bolts up to it. I have 3' of -10 line, one straight and one 45 degree -10 fittings. The oil pan has a -10 fitting welded to it so I was hoping to sell it all to someone who has a DSM otherwise the oil pan is junk.

I don't know what good 850s would do on the Evo when guys running E85 are running 1000s. Already has a bigger intercooler as well.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2007   #18
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Also, I've had a few people interested in a single item. I hate to be a bitch but I'm not going to sit on something and wait for money. You put money in my hand, you get the part. I'm not hard to get ahold of, either.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2007   #19
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

If you sit on a part of mine I'll give you some money

Ok, since this post is off-topic in a FS thread you can deleted it if you want.
Old 10-25-2007   #20
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

Quote:
Also, I've had a few people interested in a single item. I hate to be a bitch but I'm not going to sit on something and wait for money. You put money in my hand, you get the part. I'm not hard to get ahold of, either.
I meant the feed line for the turbo, I just wanted to know if it threads into the turbo, then I would be interested. I already have a return setup going on.
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote