MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 07-08-2008   #1
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4
Hopkins Hitching Post sucks (Lawsuit???)

I took my 85 Max to Hitching post in Hopkins to get a rear tire installed. It took the tech 4 1/2 hours to install it. During that time I watched him remove the rim and replace the tire. He then proceeded to assemble the bike and push it off the lift. As he was pushing the bike off the lift i saw him stop and listen to the rear end as he was pushing. He then proceeded to put it back on the lift a disassemble it again. Then reassemble it and push it while listening to the rear end again. He then put it BACK on the lift and tore it back apart.

Well he proceeded to so that assembe/disassemble dance SIX MORE TIMES! Eventually a parts guy came and installed it and they said it was good. The guy who got it in said the tech had trouble getting the driveshaft in correctly and if it popped out I could "kick his ass"

Skip to 1 week later and I get a clicking noise from the rear as I'm pushing it into my garage. I go drive it and there is a horrible howling noise you can hear coming from the diff area when I kill the ignition while coasting.

Needless to say I brought it back to them and they tell me I need a new diff and that it's because my bike has 35K miles on it and from "lack of lubrication" and it's only a coincident that it happened after they worked on it. I change my diff fluid every spring.

They tell me it's $1300 + 1 hour labor but he'll give me 15% off. I am not paying for them to fix it that's for sure.

What should I do? What can I do? What would you guy's do?

I am sooooo fricken' mad I can barely type this!
Old 07-08-2008   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Hopkins Hitching Post sucks (Lawsuit???)

Did you talk to the guy who said "you can kick his ass..." about it? Have you mentioned that to the manager?

I've never been happy with HHP's service (PWC and motorcycle experiences); they take forever, overcharge, and don't do very good work.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #3
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

Any chance the noise he was hearing was due to the diff being on it's way out and wasn't due to installation error?
xveganxcowboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #4
vr-4lif3

I have never had their service department work on my bike, but whenever I've stopped in I have had great customer service.

Honestly, I don't think a lawsuit is going to settle anything. Talk with the manager and I am sure you can work something out. Be respectful and you'll get more that way.
vr-4lif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #5
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Hmm Im not sure what you can do. How much is the part that needs to be replaced on its own?

I would talk to them and see what they can do about the situation, but in the end I would probably just say forget them and fix it yourself. I never like other people working on my stuff, even if it takes double the time, I like doing it on my own.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote