MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 04-06-2009   #1
scheides
flips McGee

No More Bashing Threads! Discuss...

These threads are borderline funny for about a day and then it seems the same group of people jump on the bandwagon and kick people while they're down, then are surprised when the person knee-jerks back at them in some way. I've said it too many times to remember: YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW!

These initially light-hearted 'bashing' threads turn sour way to fast, and then go on and on forever. I generally have left them open to give the OP or the bashee a chance to respond, then do my best to not contribute or fuel the fire....I'm done with that. This forum is here to make friends and talk cars. If you can't play nice, EAD and go buy a mustang.

Now any other forum this would be an announcement and closed/un-respondable topic. Not here; please discuss. Threads like this do A BIT of good, they let people hash it out, but perhaps another format is needed....anyone remember when we used to lock people in their own forum and not let them see/post anything else?
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #2
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars
Re: No More Bashing Threads! Discuss...

Locking people in their own forum would be quite hilarious. Although as for bashing people, that could go the wrong way pretty fast and some people may get upset and some may be able to look at it as just a joke. Waiting to find out someone is getting pissed and its already too late. Just my 2 cents.

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #3
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Honestly when someone comes back with threats against someones life, that's way over the line. Sure Ive instigated with posts and incriminating pics, but I would never cross the line and threaten going columbine on someone.

Ive been picked on in the past, but knew my place and kept quiet if I knew something may happen if I were to step up.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #4
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Nobody is innocent in this. The line was crossed by numerous people so the threads were locked to avoid real problems.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #5
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

Drives: IS300
Send a message via AIM to Febo

I know Ive been a key contributor in those bash threads and I generally tried to not cross any lines. I've always tried to be one that will take it as well as dish it. It's just too bad that spaz's thread went that far. I dont know what honestly would justify that. He was simply getting crap at that time for not dynoing, and for him to say what he said was in extremely poor taste and bad judgment, and swifty's thread, well I guess that has been going on for a year or better, so I suppose it was at its end.

Im just going to apologize to anyone who thinks I went to far at all, but I always tried to do it with a light heart, and I always welcomed retaliation. Verbal retaliation that is.

asshanson: emily was grossed out and asked me what kind of movies i'm into, very awkward
Febo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #6
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

personally I think it's a good I idea. I mean if your joking around with your buddies I think its ok but on a national forum where not everbody knows everyone and anyone can post whatever they want I think people will take it too far
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLFebo View Post
It's just too bad that spaz's thread went that far. I dont know what honestly would justify that. He was simply getting crap at that time for not dynoing, and for him to say what he said was in extremely poor taste and bad judgment
So were the threats on his face and balls. Stuff like that is too easily twisted on the internet and all it takes is for one person to take it seriously before real bad things start to happen. I don't want to see anyone hurt over something dumb that was said online. We're here to have fun!

Last edited by Kracka; 04-06-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #8
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

Those were in retaliation to his comment. What he said was just not good at all. Those following posts never would of existed had it not been for that one. It would of kept on going about him dynoing or lack of, and him losing his hair.

asshanson: emily was grossed out and asked me what kind of movies i'm into, very awkward
Old 04-06-2009   #9
TalonFiero
moonshine power

Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Drives: 08 Saab 9-7x Aero
Send a message via AIM to TalonFiero

Scheides is a RICER, that is all.

Bash threads are fun for a short while, it seems when they drag out forever they tend to get nasty because others get involved that were not a part of the initial thread. Maybe they should auto expire after a week or so?

Last edited by TalonFiero; 04-06-2009 at 01:21 PM..
TalonFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #10
A//// Guy

Hitting someone with a car while on a bike is a bit different then smacking the sense into someone for saying such comments. It only went that far over the line because it was warranted. Mentioning Spaz is going to back out of dynoing, does not warrant a death threat. And I'm not going to just let that slide.

I never said I was innocent either. Sure I dished out a lot of crap on Spaz and Swifty, but we all did, and it was all in fun. I never once got a PM on here regarding toning it down, etc...
Old 04-06-2009   #11
brando

Drives: gutlass
Send a message via AIM to brando Send a message via MSN to brando Send a message via Yahoo to brando

i have seen a lot of forum's do this l8ly and its a great idea. you dont want to get the reputation of being a bunch of FLAMING h*m*'s
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #12
viridionplague

Drives: 1991 talon tsi, 1991 stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
EAD and go buy a mustang.
i feel this statement is a bash against me, therefore this thread is counter productive.

j/k i know alot of v8 communities are pretty bad

i think that stopping the bashing threads would be a good idea, it looks bad to other people potentialy joining or looking for help and tends to spill over into the non-bashing/help threads
viridionplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #13
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

I think we can keep the bashing to the SB, we don't need dedicated threads.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #14
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

I'm not going to deny that it was in bad taste and judgment to make that comment. It wasn't really a threat, more of a watch what you say kinda comment. I certainly hope you guys realize I wouldn't actually kill somebody, especially over a thread. It's just that I'm really not a fan of people in no position of power telling me what I can and can't do.

Peter, I honestly have no clue why you don't like me. I can't recall ever doing anything to you up until this point. You've treated me fine in person, but the second you're online you can't keep your mouth shut. I realize that I'm not the most liked or appreciated member around here by a long shot, but you always seem to go above and beyond everyone else in your effort to make that known to me, and I really just want to know why.

And not to derail this thread, but when it comes down to it, even if I consume nothing but water when I go out between now and the dyno day, including on the cruise, I will still be $10 short of the rollers. It's just not realistic right now, especially considering I already know what my car puts down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #15
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

Yes spaz, Peter saying "If you dont dyno you cant come on the cruise either" is really worthy of such a response as "If I merge into a motorcycle coming onto the freeway, will it leave a dent?" Who are YOU to threaten anyone? If you were going to make any kinda threat it would of been way more justified at the begging of that threat, not then and there. And this, "I'm really not a fan of people in no position of power telling me what I can and can't do.", thats BS, get over yourself spaz. Peter was obvisouly just trying to egg you on into dynoing. FFS spaz, the internet is not serious business. What people say and do online is totally different from how they may or may not feel in person. I know I gave swifty ALOT of crap in his bash thread, but in person im totally cool with him. I think swifty is an awesome guy. But you spaz. You on the other hand are just... ugh, I cant even put into words. Pleasantries in person are suspended for me if I ever see you at an event again. Like I said, get over yourself.

Old 04-06-2009   #16
scheides
flips McGee

RLFebo, you just said the internet is NOT serious business, now you're up in arms over your hatred for spaz. Everyone, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Seriously, fucking stop it.

People keep discussing the bet spaz and I made (in person, shook on it) and replying in this thread or his fisting thread. GUESS WHAT!!?!?! A WHOLE THREAD EXISTS FOR THIS TOPIC!!!

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22566
Old 04-06-2009   #17
A//// Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspaz View Post
I'm not going to deny that it was in bad taste and judgment to make that comment. It wasn't really a threat, more of a watch what you say kinda comment. I certainly hope you guys realize I wouldn't actually kill somebody, especially over a thread. It's just that I'm really not a fan of people in no position of power telling me what I can and can't do.

Peter, I honestly have no clue why you don't like me. I can't recall ever doing anything to you up until this point. You've treated me fine in person, but the second you're online you can't keep your mouth shut. I realize that I'm not the most liked or appreciated member around here by a long shot, but you always seem to go above and beyond everyone else in your effort to make that known to me, and I really just want to know why.

And not to derail this thread, but when it comes down to it, even if I consume nothing but water when I go out between now and the dyno day, including on the cruise, I will still be $10 short of the rollers. It's just not realistic right now, especially considering I already know what my car puts down.
Spaz, regardless if you would actually kill someone.. its a F-ed up thing to say to anyone, and you didn't say it jokingly either, so don't try and play it off. The internet can be serious business when it stoops to that level. The rest of the thread was just poking at you because you took some ghey pics of you with some other dude, which warranted a thread.

To be honest, I don't remember what started my dislike of you. It might have been your ridiculously loud obnoxious laugh, or your loud cursing in public that made me embarrassed to be at the same table as you during meets. Your whole "jesus" act offended me a bit since I am somewhat religious. The whole deal about not paying for your last cruise room without being egged on by others was pretty ridiculous as well. Its a lot of little things.

I am fine with you in person for the most part, mostly because we don't ever talk to each other. The forums.. are a different story.

And I wouldn't say any of that isn't "nice" to say, its the truth, and im sure others can agree. But I'm done with this, if you have anything else to say, say it to my face, and I will do the same. We can move on from this, ill just pretend I don't see your posts.

Swifty on the other hand will keep getting bashed on either in the SB or on Facebook. haha jk swifty... sorta. <3 u
Old 04-06-2009   #18
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

I never pronounced my hatred for spaz. Its simply my dislike for him and his arrogance. If it was comical arrogance it would be one thing. But its not. How about I change it from "Pleasantries in person are suspended for me if I ever see you at an event again" to "Pleasantries in person are suspended for me if I ever see you at an event again, until you can disprove your e-arrogance."

But your right, I did say its NOT serious, just certain things can be used as a meter, and so far my meter is not stoich towards spaz.

Old 04-06-2009   #19
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLFebo View Post
Yes spaz, Peter saying "If you dont dyno you cant come on the cruise either" is really worthy of such a response as "If I merge into a motorcycle coming onto the freeway, will it leave a dent?" Who are YOU to threaten anyone? If you were going to make any kinda threat it would of been way more justified at the begging of that threat, not then and there. And this, "I'm really not a fan of people in no position of power telling me what I can and can't do.", thats BS, get over yourself spaz. Peter was obvisouly just trying to egg you on into dynoing. FFS spaz, the internet is not serious business. What people say and do online is totally different from how they may or may not feel in person. I know I gave swifty ALOT of crap in his bash thread, but in person im totally cool with him. I think swifty is an awesome guy. But you spaz. You on the other hand are just... ugh, I cant even put into words. Pleasantries in person are suspended for me if I ever see you at an event again. Like I said, get over yourself.
Just because I didn't say anything at the beginning of the thread doesn't mean you can just count that part out of the equation. That would be just like saying "I starved my engine of oil a year a go, but that has nothing to do with it crankwalking last week." It's total bullshit and you know it. It all stacks up.

And to answer your question of who am I to threaten someone? I've taken consistent amounts of shit from you guys, Peter especially, since the end of September, and fairly quietly at that. And if it surprises you that I'm still around, well, it surprises me just as much. The best explanation I've got is that there are a select few individuals on this board who are actually capable of showing people respect, and who I do enjoy spending time with. It's just sad that the number of respectable people on here has to be so outweighed by those who aren't.

I still want to know what it is I did to you guys to instigate all of this to start out with. If you have any reason to believe I'm addressing you with this statement, then by all means, speak up.

And I'll have everyone know, you all saw respect from me when I joined. Not all of you returned it, and you've been treated accordingly. As far as I'm concerned, it's all relatively fair.

And Peter, fair enough. A lot of that has since changed, but I can understand where you're coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.

Last edited by cmspaz; 04-06-2009 at 03:55 PM..
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #20
scheides
flips McGee

I command you three to come to Hooter's this Friday. You will each buy each other one beer (instead of buying yourselves beers, get it?) and get over it by talking to each other, swearing, and then sticking the inferno/fire sauce in each other's eyes and having a good cry together.