MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 07-19-2011   #1
elithreville

Drives: 2006 WRX, 2011 Lexus, 2002 Honda
Excellent condition 1992 VR-4, fresh everything, perfect records

Price reduced to $8K on 9/4/11

(thread moved from parts thread. sorry 'bout that)

Hello all. For sale is a 1992 Mitsubishi 300GT VR-4. The car was purchased new in 1991, daily driven for 12 years, and been in various states of storage since then. It is time to get it to a new owner. The vehicle currently has just north of 137,000 miles. The hope is to sell it to an enthusiast who knows and appriciates the car for what it is.

The Good:
-Currently at 137,xxx miles, it had a full engine rebuild (new piston rings, all new bearings, clutch, all new seals, head service, timing belt, etc.) performed at Wayzata Mitsubishi by their resident Master Techinician at 120k. This was done voluntarily as preventative maintenance.

-Shortly after the rebuild, M-Spec (now out of business) installed GTPro GT357 turbos, pre-cat eliminators mated to a Borla Exhaust, 550cc injectors, and support modifications that, after being tuned by Jordan at MAPerformance, made 350 AWHP. There is a lot more power left in the turbos, but for now the vehicle is conservatively tuned to 11.9/1 AFR under load with an Apex'i S-AFC II around 14psi. The Borla had an extra resonator Tig welded in to take some of the harshness out in 2009 at MAPerformance.

-Every service/maintenance was performed at the dealership since new, with the owners manual, original window sticker, and every receipt kept for every service, including the receipt for the rebuild at 120k and all the upgrades. The car had every factory maintenance done at the appropriate mileage. Only synthetic oil was used in the car for its entire life.

-The car had a frame-off (using the term loosely, I know it's a unibody) restoration done in 2004. The body is in near-mint condition, with multiple new body panel and new, factory original paint, to the tune of many many thousands of dollars.

-The Fuzion ZRi tires are in near-new shape, and the front and rear brakes are in good shape as well. The battery is also new. The car had it's transfer case fluid and rear diff fluid changed in 2008, on which there are about 3k miles. The oil will be new when the car is sold.

-The CD player, speakers, and amp were upgraded to make a little more noise after the factory CD player failed and wasn't available for replacement.

The Bad:

- The ABS is not working. The car needs a new ABS control module/valve assembly. There is no warning light on.

- The Active Aero system intermittently does not work.

- The interior has some signs of wear, including a poorly fitting defroster vent for the windshield and the passenger's door card peeling a bit.

- The 24mpg highway rating is a bit optimistic.

Some photos:

Pre-bodywork:

Engine bay shot:

In summary:
- One-owner, 1992 fresh-everything upgraded rare early-model with a lot of potential and a lot more money invested with a perfect service history import for sale. And it's black. And the 4 wheel steering still works.

Please PM me if you're interested. The car is available to be seen in-person on Sundays out in the Plymouth area. No test drives will be given, but I'm happy to give test rides for the seriously interested.. More specific information about the upgrades and receipts for the engine work/body work can be had via PM or in person when checking the car out. The car will be at the upcoming MN 3Si/Mitsu meet in August if not sold by then.

Asking price is $12,000. Reasonable offers will get a response. I can answer more specific questions for seriously intereste parties via phone. PM me for the number to reach me at.

Last edited by elithreville; 09-04-2011 at 06:45 PM..
elithreville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #2
Needtoinsert

Drives: Gst
Re: Excellent condition 1992 VR-4, fresh everything, perfect records

Have you ever looked up the blue book value?
Old 07-20-2011   #3
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needtoinsert View Post
Have you ever looked up the blue book value?
Why would that matter? Don't whore up a thread.

Bump for a solid 3/s, be it higher than averaged price, but it is the owners choice to ask what they want.
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #4
elithreville

There's about $25k into the restoration, and the car's condition makes it worth the price, imo. That said, $15k isn't set in stone.
Old 08-01-2011   #5
elithreville

Price reduced to $12k
Old 09-04-2011   #6
elithreville

Price reduced to $8k! Get this thing in your garage, I wan't to sell it!
Old 09-04-2011   #7
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Wow, you don't mess around with dropping the price. Looks like a pretty nice deal to me, somebody should buy this.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #8
Swanny

Drives: 2G Talon

I have 6,000 dollars in all one hundo's... Would be willing to come take a look!
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #9
elithreville

This car needs to be sold, hence the price drop. Please PM me and I'll get in contact with you to come and see it
Old 09-26-2011   #10
elithreville

Still for sale!