MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 08-31-2010   #1
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto
'91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 2.4L

Man I've always been on the fence about this car for a long while now.

Alright I’m back at it again because the guy who wanted to buy the car is MIA right now and I have no idea what happened.

I bought this car a while back from Aaron aka Big Brown years back. He had just put in a brand new built 2.4L G4CS Block, overhauled tranny, new turbo, ect. I still have his receipts/history of the car along with the first owner's receipts. I am the 3rd owner to have owned the car. I even have the original sticker. I have kept my receipts as well so the car's history is well documented.

The machine work was done by Motors by Gosh. The car had like 150,XXX miles on the body when I first bough it. Right now as it sits, it has 163,XXX miles. I rarely drove it around.

All I did basically was do basic upkeep and tie up odds and ends. I also put in a new Tial V44 wastegate, rebuilt calipers all around, new drilled/slotted rotors all around, new K&N air filter, new yellow top Optima battery, new Moroso battery box, and a few other things.

I got the car dyno’ed tuned one time at LSE when they were still open. It made 288awhp on a low reading Dyno Dynamics dyno at 17psi. It still has potential left.

Here is a mod list and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things,

2.4L G4CS Block .020 over
Wiseco 9.0:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
Ported/Polished head
EGT Blockoff Plate
No balance shafts
1mm oversize Ferrea valves, 5 angle valve job
2G Exhaust Manifold, ported/polished, ceramic thermal barrier coated
PTE bolt on SCM4431E 50trim turbo
3” Exhaust with stock appearing dual tips
Tial V44 wastegate, dumped externally
Prothane Motor Mounts
Unorthodox Pulley
2G Dejon Intake pipe with 2G MAFT
Spearco 221 front mount with 2.5” IC piping
Greddy Type S BOV (Real Greddy Type S BOV, they no longer make these)
SAFC2
ACT 2600 with street disc
Lightened OEM flywheel
Braided SS clutch line
SpeedDesign 4 spider gear center diff
Overhauled Tranny with new gears, ect (shifts smoothly, no grinds)
Double Synchro 2nd gear
Walbro 255hp
Braided Stainless Steel lines from tank through system
Polished fuel rail w/ welded AN hardware
System1 oil filter unit with oil SS lines
Holley 683cc/min
SX adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Billet polished K&N cleanable fuel filter
B&M oil cooler w/factory thermostat oil filter housing w/braided SS plumbing
Suspension Tech. rear sway bar
Rebuilt 4 bolt rear
2G 2 Piston Calipers
Braided SS brake lines
Slotted/drilled rotors
H&R progressive rate springs
Digital A/F gauge
Greddy EGT gauge
Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges
Digital fuel pressure gauge
Dejon racing rear bumper
Moroso Battery box
Optima Yellow Top Battery

The car is riding on silver 2G 5 spoke rims with all season tires but I will include a set of 16x8 Gold BBS rims with it.

The body is in decent shape despite the body damage that could be fixed. I mean it's not a rust bucket with gapping holes where rust has eaten through but it's not a mint condition car either. What do you expect from a 19 year old car? The original paint is decent for it’s age, I mean I’ve seen worse on 19 year old cars.

It does leak oil, I mean what DSM doesn't leak oil, lol. I mean honestly. This car is 19 years old people, it won't be in prestine shape.

Here is the problem, the car is smoking. I don't know exactly why. I suspect it's the turbo seal. When it started smoking it would smoke only a little bit until it warmed up and then it would go away, like when it does when you have bad valve stems. With no balance shafts, oil pressure at startup during the winter is really high. When it warms up, oil pressure drops again. I suspect this might have did something to the seal. The smoke just got more and more as the time went by and worse now that I have let it sit around, it's been about a year. I’m sure the old gas contributes to it too (I always leave a 1/4 tank in it while it sat). I did a compression test like a year ago and the numbers were fine on all 4 cylinders so it's not the piston rings, head gasket, or the valves. I should have wrote down those damn numbers, I forgot what they were. They were either all 195 or 205 or something like that. I know 2.4L hybrids read high on stock cams, but I remember they were exactly what they were when I bought it from Aaron.

The car doesn't have AC, although I have parts of the AC assembly unit (I think). I don't know if I still have everything. It doesn't have a radio, speakers, or speaker brackets. Also the sound deadening material from the trunk and back seat are removed.

I will include some misc parts with it including a rear bumper cover (Thanks to vegancowboy), some interior panels (Thanks to Mark, tkrperformance), a bare 4g63 block (bored .020 over) and crank (sitting around for a while so cylinder walls might be rusty, Idk I have to check), JE pistons on 1G rods (1 rod spun a rod bearing, and the tops were coated with some sort of thermal coating, a little bit of it came off), some misc brand new turbo gaskets and turbo maifold gaskets, and anything else I can find laying around.

I will include a brand new set of FP3 camshafts (no longer made by FP and hard to find these days), brand new Supertech Dual Springs with TI retainers, and brand new valve stem seals. This package is valued at $826 alone.

These pictures were taken on 08/31/2010 with my HTC Evo phone, pretty good camera if you ask me. I just washed it.

Old Picture of the car on the BBS rims (taken with a digital camera, not my HTC Evo)

Asking price is $3,300 for everything. I think that's a killer deal. I'm getting ready for a new car. I'm already approved on my loan, just looking for a car.
1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Re: '91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 2.4L

What kind of car are you looking for?
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #3
1G_DSM

I'm looking to get an Evo at the moment but they're so hard to find. They are few and far in-between. Plus I'm only looking for 2 colors, wicked white or tarmac black.

Right now this G35C caught my attention. I kind of want to get a new car ASAP, I mean I'm already approved on my loan.
Old 08-31-2010   #4
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

Ill take your car as part trade for my evo.

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #5
1G_DSM

I'm not going to lie that is pretty damn tempting, but I'm kind of picky when it comes to what I drive. I'm just not digging silver Evos. I will definitely keep that offer in mind, but for now I'm going to pass on that offer. Good luck with your sale though.

To be honest I wasn't that into G35s either but this one is really nice.
Old 08-31-2010   #6
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

hmmm tempting. Any pics of the interior?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #7
1G_DSM

The interior isn't great but its not awful either. Again I've seen worse, but there are flaws. I will snap a few interior pics tomarrow. I'm loving this Evo phone by the way. Just need to get an Evo car, lol.
Old 08-31-2010   #8
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Sounds good, thanx!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #9
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer

You should just come and look at my Evo. Ill give you a ride and let you drive it just to see first hand.

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #10
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer View Post
You should just come and look at my Evo. Ill give you a ride and let you drive it just to see first hand.
That is a very nice offer but I kind of already know what I like and want and right now I just don't want a silver Evo. I wasn't really into G35s like I said but this particular one has the options I wanted so that is the only reason I'm interested in it. Right now I don't have any interest in an Evo that is not white or black.
Old 09-01-2010   #11
1G_DSM

Pictures taken 09/01/2010

Standing up looking into the driver's side door

Damage that can seen while sitting in the driver's seat

Mark gave me the trim piece to replace this broken one. It will be included with the car, just too lazy to swap it out :P

I did not put this here. It was here when I bought the car from Aaron, in foresight it was a bad location :/

Driver Side Door

Driver's side looking back into the rear seat
Again, Mark gave me the plastic piece with the speaker cover to replace this.

Standing up loooking into the passenger side

Damage that can seen while sitting in the passenger seat
It's like a small puncture hole or something

Passenger Side Door
I forgot to mention this window doesn't open all the way. It was not because of the accident, it was already like that way when I bought it from Aaron.

Passenger side looking back into the rear seat
Again I have the piece to replace this

Trunk far away
Forgot to mention the hatch struts are out, aka wooden pole mod

Inside the trunk is pretty bare
Old 09-01-2010   #12
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

odds are if the window dosnt open all the way there is larger aftermarket speakers installed and the magnet stops the window. my dsm is the same way
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #13
1G_DSM

I'm going to try to take a video of it during start up. I got a couple guys asking me if it starts up ok and I told them it starts up but it smokes. To me a video is the quickest way to show you guys what I mean but I've never taken a video with this phone before but I'll try. Friday will be the earliest if not by Friday then on Monday or Tuesday it should be up, hopefully that is.
Old 09-01-2010   #14
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

That box is for teh alarm, you can leave the windows down and it senses people. I forget the word Im looking for, i think that came on the car as all I really did was get it built.

You really took a toll on teh car, but whoever gets it, is getting a hell of a base to start with.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #15
1G_DSM

09/03/2010, 61 degrees F, cold start, driver side door was open from the beginning. Notice that the oil pressure is high during a cold startup due to no balance shafts, it drops down after a few minutes after the car has warmed up. There is an unpluged bung for a wideband on the downpipe. Bad gas, gas is over a year old. Shot with HTC Evo phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZVK8reRIrg

09/03/2010, 61 degrees F, after 10 minutes of idling, driver side door was closed from the beginning. Notice oil pressure has gone back down. There is an unpluged bung for a wideband on the downpipe. Bad gas, gas is over a year old. Had a hard time reving the engine and holding my phone at the same time. Shot with HTC Evo phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VC5E2IDAeg
Old 09-16-2010   #16
Archertsi

Drives: 1995 talon tsi

I have a friend who is interested but he asked if I could look at the thread and ask a few questions, if you dont mind.

Is there anything else that leads you to believe the turbo seals are bad? Oil in the turbo or intercooler, etc? You would think it would smoke even when warmed up, specially after boost, if it was the turbo.

Also, that's a journal bearing turbo, correct? I always thought those liked oil pressure.

Does it smoke after a few minutes of idling when you rev it up? I know the head is fairly new but maybe a stem seal was installed wrong or damaged during installation causing pre-mature failure? It really looks like the valve guide leaks down after you shut it off and smokes at the next start up.

Is the smoke for sure blue? Not white like a blown head gasket?

Do the plugs show any sign of it being caused by oil or coolant? They may tell you some direction.

Again, not doubting you or anything, just have to know this stuff.

@BloodSweatMotorwerks
Archertsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #17
1G_DSM

I actually have a pending sale right now. The car should be sold this upcoming Sunday.
Old 09-16-2010   #18
1G_DSM

09/16/2010, All spark plugs fouled - black, a tiny bit of shaft play from side to side - nothing out of the ordinary, no in and out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEf20AlsA3c

09/16/2010, 57 degrees F outside, after 10 minutes of idling, revving to like 4k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDn50BfaHA4

I believe this is the exact turbo, if I remember correctly, Aaron bought it from Extremepsi too
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/cust...&page=4&veh=1G DSM

I don't know, maybe it is the valve stem seals. That's what I thought at first, but poeple kept telling me it was probably my turbo seal because my oil pressure is high on startup. I don't know anymore. I did a compression test like a year ago and all the numbers came up matching, it was like 195 or 200 or some number like that. It was the same as when I bought it from Aaron because I did a compression test when I bought the car from him. I do know the plugs weren't fouled when I did the last compression test though, and that was only when it smoked a little bit, now the smoking has gotton worse as I let it sit. I should of wrote down those damn numbers.

If it is the valve stem seals I have some new ones. Besides, if the head is coming off anyways it'll be easier to install the camshafts, dual springs and TI retainers. Plus it'll be easier to helicoil one of the turbo manifold studs, I know one of them is stripped, another one has a missing nut, and the bottom middle one is leaking oil

Last edited by 1G_DSM; 09-16-2010 at 06:17 PM..
Old 09-19-2010   #19
1G_DSM

Sold the car earlier this morning.