MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2014   #3221
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

135/335 got the N55 in 2011. There are a lot of enhancements to that engine, the only downfall is the stock turbo is smaller. There are turbo upgrades on the market now. I should have the stage 1 in a couple of weeks. RWD's have the problem of trying to put the power down. Too much torque. Mine is AWD and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If the car is reliable why would you want more than 1 car? That is one of the reasons I went with this car. I hated being in the commuter car when you pull up next to someone that would have been a good race and wishing you were in the fun car. I drive my fun car every day!

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #3222
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Sounds like you are very indecisive. To be honest none of your decisions make any sense and it seems to end up costing you tons of money over and over.

I would say finish the evo and DRIVE IT, stop changing set ups every 6 months.

Or finish it, cut your losses and sell it and move onto a diff platform.

Also do a lot more research on the BMW idea, as you seem to have no clue on models, years, engines, or any specs, you are just going off hearsay.

BTW non M cars have no LSD, so if you get a RWD 335, you will have to upgrade the diff. Also to get the 335 as aggressive as your evo, will require drastic suspension set up and a big HP increase. If you want a fun luxury fast comfy car, go for it, but dont expect race car unless you go balls out with mods.

I think a C6 Z06 makes more sense but I dont know what you are looking for as these two cars are very different.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #3223
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Agreed with Peter, I think a Vette makes a lot more sense for you since it will not be your only vehicle. I know Andrew mentioned this as well, but you don't necessarily need a Z06, the Z51 is still a very potent platform, and gets up to 436hp with the LS3 & dual-mode exhaust I believe.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #3224
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
Sounds like you are very indecisive. To be honest none of your decisions make any sense and it seems to end up costing you tons of money over and over.

I would say finish the evo and DRIVE IT, stop changing set ups every 6 months.

Or finish it, cut your losses and sell it and move onto a diff platform.

Also do a lot more research on the BMW idea, as you seem to have no clue on models, years, engines, or any specs, you are just going off hearsay.

BTW non M cars have no LSD, so if you get a RWD 335, you will have to upgrade the diff. Also to get the 335 as aggressive as your evo, will require drastic suspension set up and a big HP increase. If you want a fun luxury fast comfy car, go for it, but dont expect race car unless you go balls out with mods.

I think a C6 Z06 makes more sense but I dont know what you are looking for as these two cars are very different.
I am a little indecisive yes. I think some of you guys forget that this is a forum, I am posting on here because I am bored at work and start to think of other cool shit to do! This site has almost nothing to ever read, so I figured I would share my thoughts about a car I am considering, nothing more. I have zero plans set in stone except finish evo, drive it and enjoy it. I simply saw a bmw 135 and liked it, and drove shawns 335 and really liked it so I thought I could see myself in one.

This is the beginning of my research, I don't see why that is so hard. Instead of googling through bs, I prefer to talk to locals who have bmw's or have expereince. Obviously by the responses you guys have knowledge, so why not use it. I am not directing this at you sir, but just bringing it up, this site seems to encourage not posting and not asking questions. Who cares if the answer is on google, lol. Aren't we all here to help and talk cars? I'd rather go to one site for all my nonwork activities at work but this site seems to not like talking cars, it's weird.

Anyway, you gave some good feedback on the LSD. Knowing that, I don't like the 135 idea really anymore at least without AWD. Very surprising that they wouldn't do that.

The only downfall of the vette kracka is the size, I feel like the car is huge. I still love them and will probably eventually cave and get one.

As far as the fun car being my daily, I just can't. I drive 60+ miles a day. I already almost have 50k miles on my kizashi in under two years. I prefer something slow, comfortable, better gas mileage than a fun car, more reliable and also cheaper to fix/maintain. I just don't see a BMW or any of my fun cars being good fits for that. A two car system makes sense to me. Otherwise, I would sell the kizashi, the evo and get something in the 40k range, maybe a used m3 or something, no idea lol.

Also, I don't want to drive something that flashy every day and into work. Don't want people at work (we are a smaller company, only 400 people and the execs don't even drive that nice of stuff, mostly new ford company cars) thinking I make bank or something as I don't really in the grand scheme, just average and I like my normal/boring car.

Anywho, was just wanting to chat with forum peeps on bmw's.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #3225
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
The only downfall of the vette kracka is the size, I feel like the car is huge. I still love them and will probably eventually cave and get one.
They look it, but they're actually smaller than the Evo X. The C7 is shorter but wider than the X, and the C6 is even smaller (dimensionally) yet.
Old 08-06-2014   #3226
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

If I was going to get a 'fun' car as my 2nd car, it wouldn't be a bmw. The only way I'd get the bmw was if it was my only car and wanted something fun but still nice to daily.

I'd say don't even look at other cars until you get the car up and running. I have that same problem of when my fun toy doesn't run I start looking at other stuff. Then once its running so I can sell it, I usually like it enough to keep around a while.

If you do sell it, get a vette for sure.
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014   #3227
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

W x L x H (inches) & curb weight (lbs)
Evo X: 71.3 x 177.0 x 58.3 & 3517
C6: 72.6 x 174.6 x 49.1 & 3208
C7: 73.9 x 176.9 x 48.8 & 3298

Last edited by Kracka; 08-06-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-27-2014   #3228
Murlo26

So my buddy had stuff pop up last weekend and the date we scheduled like 5 weeks back to fix/finish my car has come and passed (it was the only free weekend we both had in august at that time, both been busy as hell). Sucks but it is what it is. I did get the intake manifold fixed though. MAP put it on the flat sander and it only touched in 3 spots, so it was far from flat. Now that is fixed and I have OEM gaskets to toss back on.

Anyway, I am to the point of just finishing it by myself I think. I wanted my buddy as he is awesome with cars and a legit mechanic in case anything in startup goes wrong but I am getting impatient and as he is helping I can't really yell at him or anything.

My torque wrench is messed up i think so I am going to go exchange that at sears if they let me and then probably start trying to put it back together by myself. There is a bunch of stuff removed that I have never done before so I am a little nervous but still just nuts and bolts.

Anyone feel like helping out? Probably would be Friday night for a bit and then Sunday as saturday is fair time.

Otherwise I will just go slow and pick at it. It's just a mess in my garage right now with Evo parts everywhere and so I just don't want to miss anything. Anyone who knows the X is bonus points
Old 08-27-2014   #3229
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Maybe I'll swing by Friday... take the afternoon off and I'll come boss you around.
Old 08-27-2014   #3230
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Maybe I'll swing by Friday... take the afternoon off and I'll come boss you around.
You are going to be in town? I can't take friday off unfortunately or the afternoon. I could go in early and be home by 330 or 4 though if that would work.
Old 08-28-2014   #3231
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Get it done!
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #3232
Murlo26

Tune time!

Startup Tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWAfsU2Ev0&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpR4uaq1UDM&hd=1

And new E85 Bitches!
Old 09-24-2014   #3233
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Congrats! Hope you get some good miles in before winter.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #3234
rose0529
Who has my man-card?

Drives: a red car
Send a message via AIM to rose0529

Yay!
rose0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #3235
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

The lack of Murlostands in this post disturbs me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #3236
Murlo26

No murlostands here! At least until snow flies.
Old 09-24-2014   #3237
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

If this thing isn't on the spring cruise I'll be breaking into your house to steal all your liquor!
Old 09-24-2014   #3238
Murlo26

It'll be there as long as it doesn't actually break from usage, which with my luck is no guarantee.
Old 09-24-2014   #3239
scheides
flips McGee

Just in time for the fall cruise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #3240
Murlo26

We have a fall cruise? I didn't think we did.

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.