MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 1 Week Ago   #21
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: My ultimate streetcar

I'm going to use a 2 can setup, Calan catch can is the best on the market hands down. I have his original can and I'll have another here soon.

he also goes by JCSautomation, but if you search calan catch can on tuners you will find all the info you need.

I plan on doing the same setup as you, 2 off the VC and one off the block. The single line will be using vacuum off of the intake and the 2 lines off the VC will have vacuum from the intake (pre turbo).
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #22
CarPsyco84

Drives: 91' talon, 16' Beta 300RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
I'm going to use a 2 can setup, Calan catch can is the best on the market hands down. I have his original can and I'll have another here soon.

he also goes by JCSautomation, but if you search calan catch can on tuners you will find all the info you need.

I plan on doing the same setup as you, 2 off the VC and one off the block. The single line will be using vacuum off of the intake and the 2 lines off the VC will have vacuum from the intake (pre turbo).
Ahh, so you intend to pull the cruising vacuum to the block vent then? I was thinking the 1 VC vent to the intake mani (vacuum), probably where the PCV is from the factory. Then the other VC vent and block to the other can that vents/draws to the intake line.

Thanks for the tip about the Calan cans, I will have to look into them, cause I like how mishumoto was the seperation, and having a bronze filter on the outlet, but there isn't much for fittitings or even decent fitting size on them (all 3/8" NPT).
Old 1 Week Ago   #23
turbotalon1g

I think so, i'd have to do some more research and real world testing, but it will be flexible enough to where I can swap the block vent and one of the VC vents to the catch can that see the intake manifold vacuum.
Old 1 Week Ago   #24
CarPsyco84

My theory is block vent is gonna be needed mostly when on the power, to help the traffic jam in the head drains, So I wanted that one to the bigger on-boost can. Then the VC has 2 vents, so with the block one shouldn't need as much from the VC really, just catch anything that gets past the valves. During cruising there shouldn't be any issue with the oil and air going opposite ways up to the valve cover. I feel like I'm over thinking this, but after watching the oil pressure gauge drop above 6k, I knew there wasn't enough thought put into it initially.

Last edited by CarPsyco84; 1 Week Ago at 08:04 AM.. Reason: missed a word
CarPsyco84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #25
turbotalon1g

We will have to shoot the shit sometime with these cars in front of us and see if that helps.
Old 1 Week Ago   #26
CarPsyco84

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
We will have to shoot the shit sometime with these cars in front of us and see if that helps.
For sure. One of these days I might get around to putting an engine back in mine. Think I got all the ghetto not fabulous twisted together wiring on my harness ironed out now, so I can go back to planned adventures, like engine assembly, and rebuilding the trans with a bell housing with all the mounting points.