MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 11-27-2012   #41
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Re: From ashes

Just remember though that the high imp Bosch "1000s" that places like ID and others sell really only flow around 910cc, so you will run out of fuel fast.
Old 11-27-2012   #42
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bleeder!! View Post

The FIC in that article is not Fuel Injector Clinic, but a place called Fuel Injector Connection.
Old 11-27-2012   #43
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
The FIC in that article is not Fuel Injector Clinic, but a place called Fuel Injector Connection.
LOL just read the entire thread on there, really made me think differently about FIC. I know back in my dsm days i used FIC 650s, honestly, couldnt tell you if i was happy or not.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #44
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

That thread is hilarious. FIC has obviously gone quite a ways downhill with the change in ownership, they won't even speak to technical data or questions...
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #45
Trogdor

Drives: people crazy

I just changed my order to the ID1000's. Thanks for the useful info guys!
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #46
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

Well I was going to get the new FIC injectors but it seems they are just as sketchy as my DW injectors.

So I guess I have to man up and get the 2000cc injectors this spring...I emailed tony @t1 to see if they are coming out with new variants this spring too like FIC as I am guessing its based on a new BOSCH/DENSO injector so maybe they will make some new ones too.

Jon Draenas said ID was coming out with 1300cc injectors so maybe I will replace my 1300's with those just for reliability and consistency but would love some 1500-1600cc ones.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #47
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I just changed my order to the ID1000's. Thanks for the useful info guys!
Nice, better choice.
Old 11-27-2012   #48
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Sounds like ID is testing some 1600cc injectors for the GT-R, maybe they'll come out for the X platform too.
Old 11-27-2012   #49
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

FIC sketchy?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #50
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Well I was going to get the new FIC injectors but it seems they are just as sketchy as my DW injectors.
I never liked the FIC injectors I had on my IX and I'm glad I decided at the last minute to sell the DW injectors for my X and pick up a set of ID's instead. Tuned one and done; never a single issue or adjustment needed.
Old 11-27-2012   #51
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

ID used to have their ID1600s, but the discontinued them due to the temperature problems.

Bobby, those ID1000s are just barely big enough for a stock turbo on E85. They don't actually flow 1000cc.
Old 11-27-2012   #52
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

I don't agree with that at all, Shane. One of my good friends down here runs his Evo X FP Green on both pump and E85 tunes with ID1000cc injectors and hasn't run out of fuel yet (cams, head work, and all the supporting bolt-ons). I've only personally run mine on pump, but I have plenty of headroom remaining.
Old 11-27-2012   #53
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

I have had way more problems with DW injectors on customer cars and cars in for tuning than FIC. Really never had any problems with FIC injectors besides the Bluemax low-imp 1450cc-1850cc injectors sucking to tune. I have had PTE 1200cc fail on at least half a dozen cars running E85. And numerous Lucas/RC 550cc injectors not flow what they should out of the box, kinda sucks when 7 injectors flow 550cc and 1 flows 480cc(knock knock knock). I have had to explain to many Honda and Subaru guys that we maxed out or are about to max out their ID1000s/Bosch1000s at lower HP than they expected because they didn't know that they really didn't flow 1000cc.
Old 11-27-2012   #54
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
I don't agree with that at all, Shane. One of my good friends down here runs his Evo X FP Green on both pump and E85 tunes with ID1000cc injectors and hasn't run out of fuel yet (cams, head work, and all the supporting bolt-ons). I've only personally run mine on pump, but I have plenty of headroom remaining.
You can raise the base fuel pressure and get more out of them. The ID1000s work very well at higher fuel pressures. But ID1000s on on E85 are maxed at about 360awhp on my dyno on E85. I have had numerous Subarus run out even before then due to their fuel pump wiring and not so efficient motors.
Old 11-27-2012   #55
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

He hasn't touched base fuel pressure; stock rail and regulator.
Old 11-27-2012   #56
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
You can raise the base fuel pressure and get more out of them. The ID1000s work very well at higher fuel pressures. But ID1000s on on E85 are maxed at about 360awhp on my dyno on E85. I have had numerous Subarus run out even before then due to their fuel pump wiring and not so efficient motors.
360? Hmmm, that sucks.

My Dw1000's made 420 on your dyno on e85 with my fpred...360 is surprisingly low.

I know many people have had decent luck with the fic1100's and I have never heard too many bad things about them and i have seen people with FPreds on E85 not run out of fuel with them but after reading that stuff posted it seems that the FIC stuff isn't engineered/tested very thoroughly.

As my setup "works" with the DW1300's I am not going to switch unless its for quality/reliability and if their is any doubt with the FIC, I think its safe to say no one questions ID that I have ever seen so they are the logical choice.
Old 11-27-2012   #57
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
360? Hmmm, that sucks.

My Dw1000's made 420 on your dyno on e85 with my fpred...360 is surprisingly low.

I know many people have had decent luck with the fic1100's and I have never heard too many bad things about them and i have seen people with FPreds on E85 not run out of fuel with them but after reading that stuff posted it seems that the FIC stuff isn't engineered/tested very thoroughly.

As my setup "works" with the DW1300's I am not going to switch unless its for quality/reliability and if their is any doubt with the FIC, I think its safe to say no one questions ID that I have ever seen so they are the logical choice.
From the threads it seems that no one needs to question ID as of yet, as they seem like they know their shit and have been detailed in their approach to testing.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 11-27-2012   #58
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

1000s usually max at 400-410 on E85 my dyno, but everyone always want to run shit at 100% and make the most power versus leaving some headroom, so fuel pumps and injectors are often running maxed out, and calculated injector duty cycles in loggers like Evoscan are not close to accurate due to the Mitsu ECUs not actually supplying that data. The difference between running 11.0:1 and 12.0:1 is a decent amount of fuel also and the difference between E70 and E85 is also quite a bit of fuel.

I have had STI's max the ID1000s on E85 at around 340awhp.

Quote:
360? Hmmm, that sucks.

Old 11-27-2012   #59
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

FYI troggy man, I like my FICs they work well and I've seen first hand the hi-z 1100s work well.

Don't believe everything you read online, also never heard anything bad about IDs.

Talk to your tuner, and decide.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #60
tpunx99GSX

http://www.calibratedsuccess.com/Ass...ingDrilled.pdf
read this through, and found it interesting.