MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 10-16-2007   #81
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
Re: House Projects

Thanks guys! We are going with a dark grey grout. We couldn't find a premix brown as dark as we wanted. I hate mixing the crap up

Also, the tiles aren't sealed yet, so the colors will be even more vibrant once I do that.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!

Last edited by JET; 10-16-2007 at 02:39 PM..
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #82
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Anyone wanna get a little dirty tonight? I could use a man hand to hang a few sections of paneling to cover up some insulation.

Also, anyone familiar with how to hang doors? I'm not letting my contractor back in for any more work and I don't want to hire someone else for just this last section.
Old 10-17-2007   #83
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes

what happend with the contractor?
Old 10-17-2007   #84
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Spill the drama, lets hear it.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #85
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Simply put, the people he's sourced to do the work just haven't cut it. I've saved roughly 4 grand by doing some shit ourselves and going with a guy who has been lower than everyone else we talked to. But now we have a painted cement floor in the basement that's stained with drywall, outside deck stained with drywall, insulation on the backside of walls that's just hanging loose cause it's not cut to size, stairs that got torn up and had to be sanded down on the edges to avoid splinters and such (looks retarded) and left over cry wallk scrap (little pieces) in the back yard from him tossing the scrap out the window for easier removal.

Not once was plastic used to cover anything during ther mudding and sanding process so we had a TON of cleaning to do even after they attempted to clean it up. It just hasn't been a great experiance and now we are just doing the minimums to make the room in the basement finished for living and use. We'll revist a remodel in the next year or two for the rest of the basement.

The 3 or 4 car garage and privacy fence is priority to get planned, designed, and hopefully up by spring if all goes well.
Old 10-23-2007   #86
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Got another update on the bathroom. It took forever for the thinset under the slate to cure, but it finally got good over the weekend. I got the back wall tiled around the tub. The cutouts on the left are for built in corner shelves. Things are going pretty smooth so far. I hope to get both side walls done tomorrow night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bathwalldone.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	6482  

Old 10-23-2007   #87
Jana
Mazda Bitch

It's looking really good, Jet! I may have to hire you when I want my bathroom re-done.
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #88
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Thanks Jana!

Old 11-08-2007   #89
JET
Is funding Exxon.

After a "break" from the bathroom to stain the fence and deck, paint the garage, shed and bottom of the house, put up a new column in front, new mailbox and paint all the trim, I have finally been able to get back at it the last couple of days.

In the last pic you will notice there wasn't any trim. Well, I got so carried away tiling late at night that I forgot about the trim section! I got the tile taken back out and got the trim up. The back wall is all done and I finished up one of the side walls tonight. I still have to trim the edge of the side wall that goes towards the rest of the bathroom. It was a pretty difficult job, but I love how it looks. The tile and trim still need to be cleaned up and grouted, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bathborder.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	6565   Click image for larger version

Name:	border.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	6566  

Last edited by JET; 11-08-2007 at 04:34 AM..
Old 11-08-2007   #90
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Looking good Jet! When I get home I will be finishing up my room. All I have left is some misc crap, and to get the closet made. Once that is done, I will be researching what to do about my entry way. I'm pretty sure I'm going to tile it, but completely unsure what color, or what color to do the walls, if I should leave the trim as is or spray it white like the bedroom. I can't wait!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #91
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Thanks B. How big is the entryway? You might want to look at granite or a real hardwood in the entry. It is always good to make a good first impression. Marble is nice, but scratches pretty easily. Onyx is starting to catch on a little too, has a ton of character and is pretty hard.

Old 11-08-2007   #92
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Im going to be doing some home improvements next week.
Gonna paint almost every wall in the place, install a projector and screen, new window treatments and a new shelving to hold the dvd player and other stuff.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #93
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Ok so everything is pretty much done. Here are the specs of my home theater system.

First we have the Epson Powerlight Cinema 400 projector. 720p Native Resolution, Epson 3LCD Technology, 1500 ANSI Lumins, 5000:1 Contrast Ratio.
The screen I built myself, the ones i was looking at were just getting too expensive so i found online how to build my own (i.e what fabric to use and plans). The Screen is 8 feet x 4.5 feet, 110 inches Diagonal.
The surround sound i used a home theater in a box by Onkyo, The HTS800. Its really a great unit with HDMI Passthrough, (projector has HDMI as well but currently im using Composite). Its a 7.1 surround system that has a butt load of features. I mounted all of the speakers and ran the wires through the ceiling, crawling through the attic and shit.
I will be picking up my new HD DVD player after work. Its a Toshiba HD-A3 with HDMI, and the output for 7.1 Dolby DTS. It upconverts my old DVDs to High Definition. Woot. (it also comes with 300 and the borne identity on HDDVD)
Tonight the first movie to be watched will of course be Transformers!!!!
Ill eventually post pics.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #94
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Sounds good Tom!

Old 11-23-2007   #95
Halon
Pewp Champion

Derek has the camera right now, but I'll post up pics later on. Finished up a couple minor things. Got the new $7 shower head and pipe put on the shower, along with a little shower caddy. Put in a new $8 light fixture in the bedroom since it was just bare bulbs.

As for more major things, I went to Ikea last weekend and got a new bed, a new dresser, and also a small dresser that will go in the closet. Also bought a little shelf and some battery powered, sticky, LED lights that I placed on the bottom of the shelf so there is some kind of lighting right next to the bed. All I have is a crappy cell phone pic, which I put as the 2nd attached pic. You can just see the new bed, and the little shelf with the 2 lights on next to the bed. You can kinda see my $8 light fixture on the ceiling too.

Today I started on the closet. I just realised I never took a BEFORE picture, but if you look at the 1st attached picture, you can see on the left where there is an area that is indented but completely empty. Well that is what I have decided to make into a closet. Basically it was just a large empty area that is recessed back a bit. The 3rd attached pic shows what I did today. It's a crappy cell phone pic because it's all I have for a camera right now. Anywho, that big top shelf is going to be where I put my TV. It's a large, deep shelf though, so the rest of it will be used for storage, such as summer/winter clothes stored in some big Rubbermaid bins. There's tons of space up there to store stuff which will be great because there isn't much room in this small bedroom. And since it's so small of a room, there really isn't much room for any sort of closet door to open up. So we left about 3 inches in front of that shelf, where a curtain rod will go. And I will just put some nice drapes there to act as a closet door. The shelfs on the back wall will be for clothes. They are 15" deep shelves. Then under the shelves, you can see my laundry basket on wheels. To the right of that laundry basket will be the other small Ikea dresser. In front of those shelfs, you can see a clothes hangar with one hangar hanging from it right now. This closet is very deep, so in front of those shelves is where I will hang anything I need to hang. We made sure to leave enough room so that the hanging clothes won't touch the drapes or the shelves. So that's the basic idea, and I'll put up pics when it's all done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bedroom painted 2.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	6608   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Bed.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	6609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet 1.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	6610  

Old 11-26-2007   #96
Halon
Pewp Champion

Well the bedroom is pretty much done. Finished up the closet this weekend. Just need to build the little dresser that goes in it. But went and got some cheap curtains to act as the closet door. Found an area rug on sale. Found a new TV that I haven't put up yet, but it will go up on the shelf above the closet. So for all intensive purposes, my downstairs bedroom is complete.

Here's the before, and after pics for those who forgot what this room started out as.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bedroom Before 4.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	6621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Before 3.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	6622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Before 2.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	6623  

Name:	Bedoroom.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	6624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedoroom 1.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	6625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom Carpet 1.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	6626  

Name:	bedroom Closet 1.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	6627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	6628   Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom door 1.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	6629  

Old 11-26-2007   #97
Halon
Pewp Champion

My next project is my entry way. I'm basically going to keep it somewhat simple there as well. I don't want to get too fancy and spend too much, because this is just a townhouse afterall. But then again, I don't want it to look cheap and tacky. I just want it to look nice and clean and welcoming. I will not be painting the trim, I will be keeping it the way it is, the staind wood color. I will tile the floor, not with expensive our extraordinary tiling, but some nice clean and affordable tile that will be able to take the amount of traffic that the entryway sees. Walls will be painted in a color that will hopefully hide finger prints a lot better then the current White color does. The doors will be repainted, and probably new door handles will be put on. New light fixuteres will be put up since the current ones look kinda cheesy in my opinion. Should be a much less involved job then the bedroom was, except for the fact that I'll have to remove the trim this time. Other than that, should be a lot quicker then the bedroom was, I just need to make up my mind on everything. I'll put up some before pictures of what it looks like right now a little later on when I'm closer to the time I'll be redoing it all.
Old 11-26-2007   #98
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Looks very nice, Brandon! The bathroom turned out really good. I see you were already making Sexy Time in the new bedroom!

Old 11-27-2007   #99
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Looks awesome B! But be careful with those Ikea beds.. they arent as sturdy. Mine is still holding up though! haha
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #100
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin

looks damn good brandon. im going to have to call you for tips when i start my bathroom remodel. the two bedrooms in my place and just getting paint and some small things, nothing fancy.
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote