MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 12-17-2014   #81
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Time to replace the Envoy

Kinda off topic question but kinda On Topic.
How do you guys usually deal with "No-Haggle Price" dealerships? Every time i buy a car from these places its almost always a no haggle price. They always say this is the best price we can offer, but it seems that given extra time the price ends up going down.
So do you guys usually try and get the price down, or are you like me, and take the dealer at its word and buy it anyway.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #82
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

If the want to make the deal they will haggle, if not see ya later lol. I dealt with one dealer like that, wouldnt budge. It was a walser dealer, so I said ttyl dude. Hate no haggle dealers, I would go elsewhere unless you find a cool salesmen.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #83
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
If the want to make the deal they will haggle, if not see ya later lol. I dealt with one dealer like that, wouldnt budge. It was a walser dealer, so I said ttyl dude. Hate no haggle dealers, I would go elsewhere unless you find a cool salesmen.
I suck at doing that, (i bought my yukon at a walser dealer). A lot of times when i walk into a dealer i know what car i want, and am ok with the price.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 12-17-2014   #84
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Unless it's already a good deal and you're happy with the price, no haggle no buy, simple as that. If they won't budge on price you can always try for other perks (window tint, rubber floor mats, free oil changes, wheel locks, other accessories you want, etc.) to make up the difference.

Now if you walk in, they have exactly what you want at a price you're willing to pay, then go for it.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #85
A//// Guy

Ive only bought one car from a dealer, my last A4, I dont think I got them down much in price, but it was already way below book value, so I was fine with it.

If its a reasonable price then just go for it at that point.
Old 12-17-2014   #86
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

You can definitely feel the fronts kick in on my Voy, takes maybe a half second. On a bad day in the middle of snow, ive had where im on the highway going say 60, then accelerate a little and the rear slips out and the fronts grab, it makes my asshole pucker when youre going that fast and the shit slides out. Maybe its better than my Voys, ill just have to find a snowy day like you said and give one a thurough test haha.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #87
Halon
Pewp Champion

That haggle crap is why i always liked buying my cars from Steve, xxx amount over his cost, so easy. Wish he was still in the business.
Old 12-17-2014   #88
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Drives: '09 Silveraydo
Send a message via AIM to tehehodi

Want to try my ranger at 60 and having the rear end kick out with 4 different tires
tehehodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #89
A//// Guy

Yea sounds like something just isnt right on your voy, are your tires old? Tires makes a huge difference and it shouldnt kick out unless you are getting on it. Regardless on ice, no tire will be that great, tires will still slip. Thats where the fwd based suvs will not have that issue.

Durago looks like full time awd like my audi.

The Durango has two all wheel drive (AWD) systems. The V6 has an MP3010 single speed transfer case for full-time all wheel drive, with a 50/50 torque split. The Hemi-powered AWD Durango has a low-range MP3022 transfer case with a neutral position, for light off-road use, or to aid in moving a boat or trailer; the neutral position eases Durango-towing. The transfer case has a 2.72:1 low-range ratio, and a variable torque split. 20-inch wheels are optional.

More info: http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma..._awd/2014.html
Old 12-17-2014   #90
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin

When I bought my Genesis, it was at Morries where they say they are "no-haggle" dealership. They wanted $19,995 for my car, I offered $18,750. The sales woman went through the whole "we don't haggle, we offer our best price" thing, and I said I wouldn't be buying a car from them that day.

The sales woman went to "talk with her manager" which means check their commission on the price, and she came back and said $19,000. Done and done.
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #91
tpunx99GSX

i suppose it depends on a vehicle by vehicle, dealer by dealer, date by date basis.
and how much sales has been going for the month. Im looking to buy in january.
Old 12-17-2014   #92
Halon
Pewp Champion

My tires are about a year old.

And good find in that article, guess that takes care of my "fear" , Durango still #1 on my list . Just need to decide Rallye or Limited. Rallye apparently has 5hp more than the other models, ohmaigawt!!!

Last edited by Halon; 12-17-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Old 12-17-2014   #93
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
Im looking to buy in january.
Consider buying this month...gets inventory off dealer lots for tax purposes, dealerships and salesmen making a last minute push to meet goals, etc.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014   #94
tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post

And good find in that article, guess that takes care of my "fear" , Durango still #1 on my list . Just need to decide Rallye or Limited. Rallye apparently has 5hp more than the other models, ohmaigawt!!!
Probably because its for Rallying... if you were in a Rally vs regular durangos, you would totally get the hole shot.
Old 12-17-2014   #95
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

I bought my sequoia from a Walser no haggle dealership. Technically they were asking a reasonable price. But based on miles vs. Newness of the car, and the black aftermarket wheels, I knew they'd have a smaller market of interested buyers. I offered about 2.5k under their asking price and said it's an open offer. One week later they came down half way, I said no, my offer stands. The week after that they came within a few hundred of my offer.. I accepted.

It's a matter of how much time you are willing to work a deal, and how much time the car stays on their lot.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014   #96
tpunx99GSX

Quote:

BTW, Rallye is just a appearance package. I may be looking at leasing one of these.
Coon rapids chrysler just sold a limited with the rallye package but there is also this SXT below that looks hawt.
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...0178/overview/
Old 12-19-2014   #97
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

IF the tires aren't that great that will be a huge issue too.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014   #98
Halon
Pewp Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
BTW, Rallye is just a appearance package. I may be looking at leasing one of these.
Coon rapids chrysler just sold a limited with the rallye package but there is also this SXT below that looks hawt.
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...0178/overview/
Yeah I know, its an SXT (or i guess you can get a Limited with it too)with a face lift to look kinda like an R/T, but they also rate it 5hp higher for some reason.

That one does look nice, I think I can find one for a bit less money though.

Last edited by Halon; 12-20-2014 at 04:35 PM..
Old 12-20-2014   #99
Halon
Pewp Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
IF the tires aren't that great that will be a huge issue too.
Tires on my truck are new, about a year old maybe, Goodyear Futuras
Old 12-22-2014   #100
tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Yeah I know, its an SXT (or i guess you can get a Limited with it too)with a face lift to look kinda like an R/T, but they also rate it 5hp higher for some reason.

That one does look nice, I think I can find one for a bit less money though.
Yeah ive gone back and forth a million times it seems on whether to buy a 2011-2013, or lease a 2014. This week im back to buying a 2011-2013. Seems to make more sense and a better way to get the payment lower. Looking at <50k miles i know you can find the Crews for under $25k. If you find a R/T for under $25k its usually either got a ton of miles or is a salvage title.
But who knows maybe with the new year they will come down again.