MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 02-08-2009   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
In Dash Navis?

Hey,
Any of you guys have an In dash dvd player or navi etc?
I picked up a Kenwood DNX5120 on ebay, It was a fresh factory refurbished unit. It got here last week, looks brand spankin new. The SUV is currently in the shop getting a new transmission (freakin fords, thankfully i have a warranty) so i havent been able to install this. I love the fact that there isnt a brain box needed. its a double din head unit so no flip out motorized crap to break. and it has the whole shabang, DVD, CD, Garmin Navigation system, Ipod controls, and a USB port (you can play directly off of a USB Flash Stick. no need for an ipod!) plus you can add bluetooth, sirius, xm, hd radio and more.
The unit usually sells online for around $600 bucks (msrp is over $1000), i got my unit for $400 shipped. woot.
Ill post pictures when i get the truck back.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #2
qualmq

Re: In Dash Navis?

I have that head unit in my cummins. Its nice, but I am already on my second one in 4 months. It froze up one day on me and never worked again.
qualmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #3
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

I've got a double din navi headunit in my GSX. Worked great for the backroads of the fall cruise last year.
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #4
mdost03

Sonic Champion!
Drives: VA STI

Someday I will get one of these. So handy. Do you need to have a subscription to somewhere to use the GPS on the in-dash units?
mdost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #5
SnoEclipse

Drives: 07 Eclipse GT

There are a LOT of double-din all-in-one in-dash navis available in the $500- range.

Name-brands are usually sold as factory refurbs. No-names are factory-new at that price. It pays to google the model name of the refurbs to see if there are failure problems that have led to a large number of refurbs being available at half-price.
Old 02-09-2009   #6
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

They sell for less than that now used, here and there. They don't require any subscription, you get a disc with all the maps, you would update that every five years or so to get the newest roads and such.
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote