MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2015   #1
1ViciousGSX
Admin

UBER SS

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know it's not a DSM, but I figured some here might be interested in what's going on with the El Co.

Took it to the track about 2 weeks ago and couldn't make a full pass due to handling issues on the top end. It kept developing a bad rear end wobble once it got to 80+mph, bad enough that I couldn't stay in it. Also, those MT Sportsman S/R Radials were not hooking well at all (no surprise there).
Three passes averaged 2.2 60ft and mid 12's @ 85mph due to letting off about 2/3rds of the way thru each pass. Yeah, it sucked.

To fix the rear end wobble, I'm replacing all the 4-link bushings and installing a diagonal link this weekend. The diagonal link will allow removal of the pan hard bar that goes across the top of the diff housing which has kept me from lowering the rear of the vehicle. Once that is out of there I can lower the rear 1-2 inches to get more of a level stance out of it. Then I'll be ordering an anti-roll set up for the rear axle.

No dyno time yet because I've been waiting for my new toilet bowl to show up. It'll be installed this weekend too.

I'll keep updating as I go along.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote