MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 02-23-2013   #1
matt j

fs/ft 98 impreza RS with ej22t swap

Ok i just dont have the time to put in to this car anymore and need something that i can drive as i am borrowing a car right now.

The goods
98 2.5rs
127k on the body and drivetrain
Fresh bottom end and heads
390cc injectors
ported and polished td04 turbo with 20k
FMIC
top mount intercooler as well with turboxs rfl bov
255lph fuel pump
full 3in turbo back exhaust
new radiator
Comes with 3 totes of parts along with and extra 2.5in catback exhaust.
Im sure there is more that im forgetting

The bads
Motor is currently uninstalled and needs finished being assembled. I put in the new pistons but am getting a clearance issue with 2 of the rods. I did weld in patch panels in the rear quarters and the body work needs to be fixed.

I am willing to trade for a running and driving AWD 5 speed dsm or a truck . Would really like something reliable to drive everyday and to have some fun with. I am a full time college student and work full time and have 3 kids so for me a running vehicle is more important right now. The exhaust, and header is brand spankin new, the tires are almost brand new as well and i just changed out the rear diff fluid just before the previous motor spun a bearing. Car does have a act clutch as well and a SAFC2.

Here are some pictures of the car, for fastest response please call/text 605-400-4039, car is located in sioux falls sd and will need to be towed as the motor is out of the car.

If i do trade for a DSM i would like to keep my boost gauge and AEM wideband unless the car has one installed. Thanks
matt j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #2
99gsxjoel

Drives: 1999 GSX
Re: fs/ft 98 impreza RS with ej22t swap

So to get this strate you want to trade a shell with the car in buckets for a running and driving dsm or truck that is reliable??? Sounds legit.
Old 02-24-2013   #3
plow420

Drives: 96 eclipse gsx

i have a running and driving auto 97 gst i would be willing to trade if your interested
plow420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #4
matt j

sorry not looking for an auto or fwd. And yes this is a car in a box i guess if you want to call it that. the motor is partially assembled but having clearance issues that im trying to figure out between the left hand side rods now. I am going to keep working on it and hopefully figure it out. lots of new parts and alot of time has gone into this car but jsut running out of time.
Old 02-24-2013   #5
mondale

Drives: 1g dsm

I have a 1995 Chevy Corsica I would trade you straight up. It has 3 working brakes and comes with a free vice grip. Its light blue and comes with an audio tape owners manual. Runs great. Salvage title. Lemme know.
Old 02-24-2013   #6
1999Gst

Drives: 1999 Eclipse,

pics of the cut and weed panels?
1999Gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #7
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol

Would you trade for a couple reach arounds from a homeless man?
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #8
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4

I have known Matt for a while and he's a stand up guy. I know the car may be apart right now, but he is just getting burnt out on the project. He got the car hoping it would be good daily driver, and that didnt happen. Hence the reason why its being rebuilt.

Its sad to see this car even up for sale. But its how things go.

GLWS Matt.
Old 02-24-2013   #9
evotuner

Drives: 2004 Evo 8

damn some of you guys are ass wipes on this forum.

2004 AS Evo VIII - MAP 2.3/FP Green E85 480/450 @30psi #RonnieTuned

2006 WW IX RS - Stock Motor/Turbo/E85 388/404 #RonnieTuned

2006 WW IX RS - 20K Miles - SOLD

2006 WW IX RS 396/404 - SOLD
evotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #10
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotuner View Post
damn some of you guys are ass wipes on this forum.
I'll be honest. I understand what people are seeing in the post. Totes full of parts, car with no motor in it. Motor needs to be finished. And than wanting to trade for a running car. Not gonna lie, if I didn't know him I would have thought the same.
Old 02-24-2013   #11
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I say search for $800 or less on CL and try your luck there.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #12
matt j

hey brian thank you, i appreciate it. Ive met a few members on this board and i have been around here for the last 7 years. I tried to explain it the best i could and this is the static i get for it, the car could be worth a hell of alot more money with a little more work.

But i figured out what the clearance issue was so the motor is now sitting on the stand assembled. So go ahead and delete or lock up this thread up because i am going to finish the motor up and finish up the body work and make this car what it should be.

Thanks all for the random comments and worthless time wasters. Have a good night.
Old 02-24-2013   #13
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style

LOL! Thats style for ya ^!

Either way, as far as the clearance issue goes...what exactly do you mean....Rod bearing clearance??? ? Were you rebuilding the engine that spun a rod? Did you turn the crank? or trying to mix match Rods bearings pistons ...to a completly different crank? Not sure if subarus are like hondas that have up to 4 different factory bearings that can be used? Ive never heard of DSM having more than one standardized bearing. However if subaru does that could be the problem....

Looks like you are well versed in Subarus though, so i guess it must be a more serious issue..if you cant seem to figure it out. I guess im in for pictures of the panels as well. If this was a 4 door RS i would of traded my 1G....either way maybe it would be easier to have a few parts sold in your garage and just buy a known to be good ej25 or 22 again install it and sell it....? RS hold good market value....why Only God and subaru guys know....GLWS

oh and put up a asking price as well...
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #14
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style

Oh well there you go never mind then I knew youd figure it out...what was the issue? Im just curious...but if you honestly would take 800 dollars cash for the project id buy it...sounds like more of a insult of an offer ...but not sure where brown man came up with that number :P
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #15
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

What is the cash price?
Old 02-24-2013   #16
evotuner

Drives: 2004 Evo 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
I'll be honest. I understand what people are seeing in the post. Totes full of parts, car with no motor in it. Motor needs to be finished. And than wanting to trade for a running car. Not gonna lie, if I didn't know him I would have thought the same.
Either way, if you dont like it move on and dont post.

2004 AS Evo VIII - MAP 2.3/FP Green E85 480/450 @30psi #RonnieTuned

2006 WW IX RS - Stock Motor/Turbo/E85 388/404 #RonnieTuned

2006 WW IX RS - 20K Miles - SOLD

2006 WW IX RS 396/404 - SOLD
evotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #17
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

I would say cash price would be 2.5k-5k depending on if he is looking for a 1G or 2G awd. Either way car is a cool swap for sure
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #18
matt j

thank you for the responses guys. Yes these cars done right are fetching upwards of $12-15k, in running shape like mine they are netting about 6500, there was a shell here locally in the same shape as mine but still had the factory vf11 turbo and didnt have all the extra parts and that brought 4k (and this car wasnt an RS it was a 96 brighton)

So as far as an asking price i dont have one, because i like the car and since i have the motor assembled now just gotta have another hour to put the motor in and get it finished up.

If youve never worked on a boxer motor they are very different than a standard inline four motor, there are port holes that you push the wrist pins through to lock the rods into the pistons, well its a difficult job to do on your own to keep the rod lined up with the piston and what happened is when i was pushing the wrist pin through the rod slid to the side and obviously got stuck there causing the rod not to rotate on the piston and that caused it to hit the block while rotated. Very simple fix.

The EJ22t was the only US spec closed deck block assembled by subaru, comparatively the impreza sti 22b was also the only closed deck motor placed in an impreza. These motors in stock form have pushed about 400whp with no other modifications. The stock rods and stock crank are both forged from subaru, the pistons are a High density cast peice instead of a standard cast to hold higher boost levels. Port the heads and throw in a set of wiseco pistons on a 35r and you got yourself a killer ride.

And just for reference the block HALVES (bare halves nothing else) are worth about 500 dollars alone. I just sent one of these motors to the UK so i know what people are paying for them. So an offer of 800 dollars you could have yourself the fmic and block halves would be about all you would get. My lecture is over now, i am going to get the turbo setup mounted on the motor tonight and get the oil and coolant lines all run. So thank you for the interest but i think i am just going to move forward with this project unless i get an offer i just cant refuse.
Old 02-25-2013   #19
matt j

and here is a built version of this car. 850whp the car is absolutely insane

The Gobstopper
Old 02-25-2013   #20
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I love the way you make it sound so easy.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote