MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Official MitsuStyle.com Topics

Old 07-29-2013   #681
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin
Re: The Gun Thread

Tsk, tsk. Finger off the trigger unless you plan to shoot.
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #682
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Ordered my viper pst 4-16x50 ffp in moa a few days ago, found it on sale for 700. Really excited to sight it in and see how accurate I am out past 400+. Haven't been this excited since I bought my rifle. Also you can get custom turrets for yardage per bullet so you don't have to remember the drop at each distance which is pretty cool.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #683
92pearltt

Drives: 91 fwd stealth tt/ 99 SL

My newest acquisition.

92pearltt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #684
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92pearltt View Post
My newest acquisition.

Nice, I almost bought that, that might be the .45 I get. The only thing I don't know that I like is the grip, feels like holding a porcupine.

Sweet looking bag and stuff though for it, nice gun, FN ftw.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #685
92pearltt

Thanks if your not a fan of the grips Houge makes a nice little slip over to cover up most of the texture. I didn't like the heavy texture at first but it has grown on me, feels very secure in my hand. Ya the factory case is nicer than most aftermarket cases.
Old 08-03-2013   #686
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92pearltt View Post
Thanks if your not a fan of the grips Houge makes a nice little slip over to cover up most of the texture. I didn't like the heavy texture at first but it has grown on me, feels very secure in my hand. Ya the factory case is nicer than most aftermarket cases.
well being a combat handgun, I am sure its secure. Made to hold while covered in blood

I will have to look at the Houge ones, sounds promising, I loved everything else about it.
Old 08-03-2013   #687
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Impulse buy today! Kind of...going to be my carry gun eventually.
That is an odd looking 16g and injectors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #688
92pearltt

Also picked up this FDE huucr stripped receiver set from umbrella corp, plans are to set it up similar to a 3 gun competition AR. Going with a JE enterprises barrel, muzzle device, forend, heat sink, their low mass BCG, geissele SDE trigger. Should end up being a tack driver once its completed.
Old 08-06-2013   #689
2slow4now

Drives: eagle talon & Z71

This was my early B-day present for myself. Bushmaster carbon with a bushnell trophy tactical on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BM carbon.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	884.4 KB
ID:	13877

And....
Uhm I got B-day covered. How about a late fathers day present just because it was cheap and I intend on building a beater gun. ATI Omni polymer lower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ATI omni.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	949.7 KB
ID:	13878
2slow4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013   #690
89_Colt_GT

Drives: Swifty Crazy

Picked up a Stag Arms, Model 3. $899 @ Gander Mtn.

Barely anything is plastic on this gun. Shoot 3" groups at 100yds. Still getting used to the recoil. The .22lr-AR I sold had as much recoil as a pile of sleeping kittens.

Onto the pics, Scope is a Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40:

89_Colt_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #691
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
well being a combat handgun, I am sure its secure. Made to hold while covered in blood

I will have to look at the Houge ones, sounds promising, I loved everything else about it.
I picked up an FNX-40 a while ago. I though the same thing about the grips as well. One trip to the range and it seems a little less aggressive now. Maybe I got used to it, maybe the rough edges got smoothed with some handling. Either way, I like it now.
Old 10-03-2013   #692
dsmolition
chemist

Drives: RR Evo 8

Is there anywhere I can ship my gun to get a scope mount put on. I’m building an old 91/30 and have a reproduction mount kit but it requires drilling and taping of the receiver. I would do it but it has to be perfectly straight so I was going to pay to have it done. Otherwise if there is a smith south of the citys that can do this type of work I could drop it off. All of my local ones says they can’t do that type of work. I wont to get it done before coyote season!
dsmolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #693
asshanson
immune from paybans

There are a couple places in Des Moines that I bet would do this, if you're ever down this way. JT Guns or West Des Moines Scheels (surprisingly enough) would be my top two. JT Guns is a great place if they will do this, and prices are awesome.

Last edited by asshanson; 10-03-2013 at 12:27 PM..
Old 10-08-2013   #694
dsmolition
chemist

Drives: RR Evo 8

Alright. I’ll look into it. I have some DNR exams soon downtown in the Wallace state office building. So I’ll be in town/
dsmolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #695
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

Well sold my Glock 36 a few weeks ago. Today I picked up a subcompact xd-9. Going to try and go shooting tomorrow or Tuesday and see how I like it. Kinda already missing the .45 though lol
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #696
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

I can't make my mind up on a .308 "battle rifle". I know we're basically talking a $2000 investment, plus/minus $500. Armalite AR-10, Scar 17S, DSA SA58 (FAL), even DPMS, or even a much cheaper and much less accurate Molot Vepr or Saiga .308. Ahhh, decisions.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #697
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydsm View Post
I can't make my mind up on a .308 "battle rifle". I know we're basically talking a $2000 investment, plus/minus $500. Armalite AR-10, Scar 17S, DSA SA58 (FAL), even DPMS, or even a much cheaper and much less accurate Molot Vepr or Saiga .308. Ahhh, decisions.
If you have the scratch, get the SCAR, you will not regret it

I actually wish I got the 17s instead of the 16s, but I have been thinking about getting the 17s in the future as well.
Old 01-14-2014   #698
Murlo26

seems strange to post this after my last post...

But digging into finances to get my car back up and running for spring, I needs moar cash.

I am going to sell my SCAR 16s. I don't use it at all anymore, its an awesome gun and dead nuts accurate and cycles great etc but I just don't use it as much as I want to. I am going to keep my handgun for home protection and start carrying that but the AR just doesn't get use and its too expensive to just let sit.

Plus, the gun hobby is expensive and I don't think it wise I get too into both guns and cars until I stop spending so much on cars.

Anyway, figured I would post here before i go to armslist and see if anyone local that I know/semi-know is interested.

It has less than 1000 rounds through it, probably close to 500 give or take, so basically still new lol, will come with 2 pmags and standard fn 30rd mag and fn sling, no optic.

Not sure what they are selling for but if someone is actually interested we can work that out, guessing somewhere around 2500.

Tell your friends! It's FDE color too for reference.

I am going to get another AR in the next year or so, but I want to spend less on it so I can get a nice optic too, considering daniel defense m4 or something along those lines.
Old 01-15-2014   #699
asshanson
immune from paybans

Damn dude, if you are getting another one in a year, why not let this one sit on the shelf until then? You don't have to keep up the shooting hobby year round, unless you really need the cash now. Heck I only shoot my 308 a few times a year.

Unless you want to get something totally different like a bolt action long barrel for long distance or something, then that makes sense. But if you are just going to downgrade to a cheap AR it just doesn't make that much sense imho.
Old 01-15-2014   #700
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
Damn dude, if you are getting another one in a year, why not let this one sit on the shelf until then? You don't have to keep up the shooting hobby year round, unless you really need the cash now. Heck I only shoot my 308 a few times a year.

Unless you want to get something totally different like a bolt action long barrel for long distance or something, then that makes sense. But if you are just going to downgrade to a cheap AR it just doesn't make that much sense imho.
it might be longer than a year honestly, could be two or three, don't know.

I know, I don't really want to sell it but if I don't then that just means the evo sits not running longer and I want to actually use that this summer, sick of it sitting on jackstands year round. I suppose I could sell the evo and then do house stuff that needs doing and keep the gun and buy even more guns!

It's not set in stone yet but I need to at least entertain the idea and see if anyone is willing to buy it.