MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 09-17-2005   #1
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion
WRX 1, house 0

Anybody watching ch5 news now? they have coverage of a blue 03ish WRX (STi?) going completely through a house.

This happened (today) at 630 am, when a 21 year old driver "fell asleep" (read:took the corner too fast) while coming home work on 252

A neigbhor woke up and looked out her window to see a huge hole in the house across the street and a car "trying to drive away"

The police say the car was actually airborne when it hit the house

The guy is getting charged with wreckless driving.

What makes this funnier is this happened before, and MNDot put up a huge cable with posts to prevent this from happening, and the wrx cut through it like butter - the house owner is now demanding a wall be built to deflect the flying cars(I think a properly tuned dsm could take out this "wall". anyone feeling up to the task? haha)

Im glad that nobody got hurt...yadayadayada but seriously, how fast would this guy have to be going to go through a barrier, liftoff and go through a house, eventually coming to a stop (the airbag was probably hard to see through+shattered windshield) and amazingly, his car was still in one piece, it still looked like a car! the bumper and windshield are kinda crunched, but it looked driveable

and, is there a black box in these newer cars that could tell the cops how fast he was actually going?

and speaking of new cars, has anyone seen the 06(?) WRX? gone are the re-fricken-tarded round headlights, and well.....you be the judge of the rest of the body and its two (2) wings......subaru.com
iceminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
Re: WRX 1, house 0

The 06 WRX is starting to look more civilized. They had one on display at Rallyfest in Mall Of America a few weeks ago. Kinda looks alot like the Legacy's from a year or 2 ago.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

I was going to ask if there was some new WRX out. I seen one the other day. It was driving towards me. I had no idea what it was, but I saw a Subaru logo on the front, and I seen the rear lights after he passed me and it looked like WRX lights. I think it looks freaking sweet!!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon

Wow thats amazing.... Two wings I have to check this out. And if MNdot wants to be asses.... They could say move....

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
armthelaser

You can watch the story on there web site. http://www.kstp.com/
armthelaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
GSXMatt
You can't buy my Evo.

Drives: 03Evo,11Altima
Send a message via AIM to GSXMatt

The 06 STi is ugly as sin (IMO). Looks like a frickin' Mazda 6 with the new headlights.
GSXMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #7
IndiEP
Tha MIG Masta!

I've been hearing rumors from die hard subbie owners that the 06 sti was designed by alfa romeo.
Old 09-18-2005   #8
TurboDomestics

Send a message via AIM to TurboDomestics

thats crazy!!

a car going through a house???

the new wrx's are kinda cool looking, i saw the pics and didnt like em so much, but after seeing one in person, ive changed my mind. The good thing is that even the base one is a 2.5 liter!
Old 09-19-2005   #9
Steeltwo
CompUSA Whore

Drives: 07 Civic Si, 06 IS 350 and I own a dsm
Send a message via ICQ to Steeltwo

a place in my home town of new richmond had this problem.

alot of people tried to bury the neddle of their cars on the road, and they would misjudge the stopping distance required. So they would bounce the curb and hit this persons house. Apparently it was too common and about once a year he would have someone hit the house. Sometimes it would be minimal damage, other times they'd have to get a wrecker to pull the car out.

So he purchased some massive boulders. And place them so that if a car were to be unable to stop. They'd be eating some big rocks instead of his living room. They have a few gashes in them and i've seen pictures of one car up on it's side from hitting them.
Steeltwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #10
sideways motorsports

True that the new designer that subaru has on staff used to work for alfa. Thats why the tribeca looks like that also. With the stupid 3 section front grill. So far I hate it. But I thought the same thing when the 2002 came here and I ended up buying 2 of them.

And that is an 04-05 STi in the news cast. So far no one has fessed up to it in the MNSubaru Club.
sideways motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #11
curt_gendron

Wow! I watched the video. That Sti must have been going pretty fast. It traveled a long way through the grass before plowing all the way through that house. Damn!!

I think its time to buy those boulders.

later,
Curt
Old 09-19-2005   #12
scheides
flips McGee

I'm not sure who this happened to, but a while back someone hopped the curb and went through someone's garage, totalling a minivan and someone's (on this board, I believe) 1G DSM with like 50k miles on it. The motor from that car found its way into my 2G.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote