MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2010   #181
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX
Re: Dave's Evo X Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
can't wait to see a direct comparo to the BBX
Yeah, we'll definitely be overlaying these three charts. It's in Shane's capable hands now.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!

Last edited by mlomker; 03-01-2010 at 08:58 AM..
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #182
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

I am not sure when my setup will drop in power. We are able to make up for the boost drop with timing on this setup and power seems to keep going up.

I think we could make power all the way to 8500. (But who knows)

I also think with more boost and a stronger wga, this 18psi one seems a little weak (i have seen better midrange from people with other ones on the Red).

Going to start saving for Shane to pull the head and do springs, lol. Man i regret not just going them before...idiot
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #183
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Going to start saving for Shane to pull the head and do springs, lol.
Don't blame you...it's expensive once you add in the head studs, a new gasket, etc. I could buy both of my father's cars for the parts & labor on this job.

Old 03-01-2010   #184
scheides
flips McGee

Don't kick yourself, you took a perfectly logical upgrade path. Mebbe you can do bigger cams (GSC?) whenever you end up doing springs

Just save up for the clutch, have some fun with the car this spring/summer! Any plans for drag/autoX/HPDE? I think last summer we discussed some frumrolls, so let's see when we can make that happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #185
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
we discussed some frumrolls, so let's see when we can make that happen.
hehe. test & compare FTW

Old 03-01-2010   #186
Murlo26

Quote:
Don't kick yourself, you took a perfectly logical upgrade path. Mebbe you can do bigger cams (GSC?) whenever you end up doing springs

Just save up for the clutch, have some fun with the car this spring/summer! Any plans for drag/autoX/HPDE? I think last summer we discussed some frumrolls, so let's see when we can make that happen.
I am not sure if bigger cams will help or not. The Kelford Stg 2's are supposed to be bigger but I have not seen any charts to back this up. From what I have seen the MX1's i have work just as well. And since power isn't dropping off up top I am guessing my Mx1's will help when I rev it out. Spending more money on cams sounds risky to me unless I see a direct comparison showing better stuff with another cam.

edit: forgot the second part...I am always down for some frumrolls I am sure this will be easy to arrange. Knowing what I made though and the weight disadvantage of the X, its not looking good, lol. I was expecting to of made more power than the BBK and then it would have been interesting. But I never dont do it because i think i won't win, its always fun
Old 03-01-2010   #187
Murlo26

So I was just driving around at lunch, the more i drive this the more i love it btw and for the first time on dry pavement i broke all four tires loose, it felt good. I haven't launched this car ever for fear of the stock clutch but in first gear if i gas it, even from a roll i broke em loose. I wasn't trying to either.

Car for sure feels better, lag is overrated.

Yes schiedes i do plan on doing some drag this summer. I would love to do other forms, but I wouldn't trust myself turning with this car, i would need to take classes first and I don't have that kind of time/money for learning, tires, brakes, more maintenance etc.

So i will stick with trying to go fast in a straight line, need to get a helmet here soon too. Anyway have a good spot to get one? Preferably locally so I can try sizes on, or at least try them on and figure out the size then order online.

I doubt with the X weight and my noob skills that I will need a roll cage but what time is that needed at, 10's?
Old 03-01-2010   #188
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Yes schiedes i do plan on doing some drag this summer. I would love to do other forms, but I wouldn't trust myself turning with this car, i would need to take classes first and I don't have that kind of time/money for learning, tires, brakes, more maintenance etc.
MAC Autocross Novice School - $50 for a 2 day event, classroom on Saturday and seat time on Sunday (held in April and June)
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #189
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

Pretty sweet lettin loose on a roll! Auto-X is fairly in-expensive. $50 for the Novice Classes felt like $200 classes. All you would need is either high performance "all-season" tires or just straight up summer tires to roll.
Old 03-01-2010   #190
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Come autocrossing. Your car won't take much more abuse than it already sees on the street, it's safe for you and the car, and you learn how to drive. It's all I've done over the past 3 summers and I'd say I've become a very capable driver because of it. I went to 8 events before I did the novice school, so just sign up, come out and let her rip.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #191
scheides
flips McGee

11.5's or lower for a cage (if they're being strict). Check out the bench racer's league thread for helmet info and for a bunch of guys/gals learning to turn their wheels and drag their cars a bit w/o much $$ commitment.

edit: at the same time, don't feel like you have to. Nothing wrong with just having a fun street car and keeping it that way for a while. I didn't do drag/autoX for a long time (and haven't yet, but hope to this year!) dispite all my friends begging/egging me to do it.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.

Last edited by scheides; 03-01-2010 at 02:22 PM..
Old 03-01-2010   #192
Murlo26

Thanks for the advice guys. I want to do something for sure, not sure what yet. I do know I am going to the strip at least once besides that its open ended. I guess it comes down to my motivation and how the car is holding up.

Buschur pulled a mid 11 second pass on a dom2 on pump, so I am sure my car is capable of 11.5 or better in the right hands. But I will be happy with any 11 second pass
Old 03-01-2010   #193
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

We've had those debates on the other thread. Drag racing is far more likely to break drive line components than a lapping day would. It also requires a fair bit of skill to shift well at high speeds...one 'money' shift and you can kiss your motor goodbye. I'm always embarrassed when Shane has me go out for a street pull--I don't know how to shift like that since I never drive like that.

I've only done one day up at BIR...I took it easy and didn't really use my brakes much, just entered the turns at close to the correct speed to not need them.

I'll be doing auto-x and HPDE this year. I'll go watch you guys drag.

You should try to make the go-kart thing this month...that was fun.

Old 03-01-2010   #194
scheides
flips McGee

Too bad you guys don't have Tephra's version of NLTS yet, it makes you want to shift fast fast fast
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Old 03-01-2010   #195
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Make sure you guys take a camera
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #196
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Make sure you guys take a camera
I have one of those GoPro HD cameras on the way. I plan on recording some track laps and auto-x this year (if they allow cameras in the car).

scheides, I've heard of NLTS but it isn't totally clear. Can you explain it quick?

Old 03-01-2010   #197
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

It is no lift to shift, and is pretty much like it sounds. You keep the throttle at 100% when shifting and just push the clutch in quick, it really does make a world of difference. When that is set up along with the two step it makes drag racing a little easier. Once you are stagged you are 100% throttle the whole track and you never have to lift once unless you start to lose traction.
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #198
Murlo26

Tephra is working on it for the X now. His is getting close I believe.
Old 03-01-2010   #199
t-revzr
FLOSSEN

Drives: 2011 corolla turbo S

NLTS is the best thing ever! I would run a second slower if I dint have it! NLTS makes it possible for anyone to drive a car fast down the 1/4 mile.
t-revzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #200
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Tephra is working on it for the X now. His is getting close I believe.
They've been 'getting close' on stuff for the X for the six months that I've had the car. I'm sure it's tough work to reverse engineer the ECU. I'll certainly send a few bucks whenever something is delivered.

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.