MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 09-04-2009   #1
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto
FS: ’91 Eagle Talon TSI - $4500

Hello,

I own a ’91 Eagle Talon TSI and I decided I want to sell it. Here’s the catch; the car is burning oil. I have to drop it off at MAP on 9/11 so they can figure out what’s wrong with it before I can officially put it up for sale, but as for now I’m seeing if anyone is even interested in this car.

I bought this car a while back from Aaron Boodram, he’s better known as “Big Brown” in this forum so maybe he can verify this story. His screen name is turbotalon1g. I still have his email messages when I first bought the car, along with all the receipts/history of the car. I have kept my receipts as well.

When I bought this car from Aaron he had just dropped a ton of money into it, new PTE Turbo, overhauled tranny, built 2.4l G4CS, ect. The car had like 145,XXX or 150,XXX miles on the body with a new turbo, rebuilt tranny, G4CS ect. Right now as it sits, it has 163,XXX miles.

All I did basically was do basic upkeep and tie up odds and ends. Not to mention get into a few accidents, lol. I also put in a new V44 wastegate, rebuilt calipers all around, new drilled/slotted rotors all around, new K&N air filter, new yellow top battery, new Moroso battery box, and other things.

I got the car dyno’ed tuned one time at LSE when they were still open. It made 288awhp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno but who knows what kind of shape it’s in now. I will have to see what MAP says after they diagnose the problem first.

This is the mod list that Aaron sent me a while back. I have updated it with the things I’ve done to the car.

2.4L G4CS Block
Wiseco 9.0:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
1mm oversize Ferrea valves
2G Exhaust Manifold, ported/polished, ceramic thermal barrier coated
PTE bolt on SCM4431
3” Exhaust with stock appearing dual tips
Tial V44 wastegate, dump externally
Prothane Motor Mount
2G Dejon Intake pipe with 2G MAFT
Spearco 221 front mount with 2.5” IC piping
Greddy Type S BOV
SAFC2
ACT 2600
Lightened OEM flywheel
Braided SS clutch line
SpeedDesign 4 spider gear center diff
Double synchro 2nd gear
Walbro 255hp
Braided Stainless Steel lines from tank through system
Polished fuel rail w/ welded AN hardware
Holley 683cc/min
SX adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Billet polished K&N cleanable fuel filter
B&M oil cooler w/factory thermostat oil filter housing w/braided SS plumbing
Suspension Tech. rear sway bar
4 bolt rear
2 piston “big brakes” up front
Braided SS brake lines
Slotted/drilled rotors
H&R progressive rate springs
Digital A/F gauge
Greddy EGT gauge
Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges
Digital fuel pressure gauge
Dejon racing rear bumper
Moroso Battery box
Optima Yellow Top Battery

Now for some pics. The newest pics I took today with my crappy phone. The car isn't perfect but few DSMs are.

1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009   #2
1G_DSM

Re: Gauging Interest – ’91 Eagle Talon TSI

I'm also open to trades. Maybe for a 4G Mirage sedan? I doubt anyone has a 4G Mirage Sedan besides Mark on here but it's worth a try.
Old 09-04-2009   #3
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I was the previous owner and I am willing to answer any questions that he cannot. Obviously i know a shit ton more now than I did then. Lol.
Good luck with sale
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009   #4
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4

How much?
1QUICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #5
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUICK4 View Post
How much?
I will be taking offers after I take it to MAP on the 11th. I need them to figure out what's wrong with it before I actually sell it. I mean the price of the car will depend on what is wrong with it because as of now I don't know why it's smoking or what is causing it to smoke.
Old 09-05-2009   #6
mike55112

Drives: 04 evo

Why wait till the 11th, there are other shops that could probably get you in sooner. Maybe someone on here could even diagnose the problem. What color smoke, does it always smoke or just under deceleration? How much oil are you going through and over what time frame? Give us a little more info.. Might be something as little as valve stem seals
03 tb evo- current
mike55112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #7
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike55112 View Post
Why wait till the 11th, there are other shops that could probably get you in sooner. Maybe someone on here could even diagnose the problem. What color smoke, does it always smoke or just under deceleration? How much oil are you going through and over what time frame? Give us a little more info.. Might be something as little as valve stem seals
I suspected it to be bad valve stems. The problem has gotton worse and worse. At first it started out as burning oil at startup and going away once the car warmed up. Like how it does when your valve stems go bad. Now the problem has gotton worse, and the car smokes quite a bit and it doesn't seem to go away. I suspect it to be bad valve stems.

I would rather get a reputable shop to diagnose the problem and have their word to back me up on what is wrong with the car. That way when I sell the car the buyer can rest assured that I'm not just talking out my ass sort on what is wrong, lol.

It's not that I have to wait for them, it's kindof the other way around. They have to wait for me because I can't get a ride until the 11th. I mean I have to drop my car off at their shop and have someone bring me back home. The 11th is the only time I can get a ride.
Old 09-05-2009   #8
Mike Neal!

Drives: 94 TSi, supermoto

Why not just sell it as is. The car runs so someone would have to come out and look at it and make their own judgement. Just tell that that this is what it does, you clearly are not sure what it is and that they can figure it out? you're going to end up spending money at a shop (not trying to get you to not go to MAP) just to tell someone else whats wrong with it?? then they are gonna low ball you anyway. If you do take it to the shop you may as well get it fixed so you can get more money out of it..
Mike Neal! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #9
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Neal! View Post
Why not just sell it as is. The car runs so someone would have to come out and look at it and make their own judgement. Just tell that that this is what it does, you clearly are not sure what it is and that they can figure it out? you're going to end up spending money at a shop (not trying to get you to not go to MAP) just to tell someone else whats wrong with it?? then they are gonna low ball you anyway. If you do take it to the shop you may as well get it fixed so you can get more money out of it..
I would sell it as it is but no one has made me an offer, lol. The way I see it I'm gonna get low balled either way, lol. When selling a car we almost never get what we want for it, especially when you still like the car. That's just life I guess. I mean hey if I can sell it before the 11th, that'll be awesome.
Old 09-06-2009   #10
mike55112

Drives: 04 evo

I would buy it as is. But I dont have money for another car at the moment. the only thing I could offer would be my 96 jeep cherokee and I doubt you would want that.
03 tb evo- current
mike55112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #11
jhaan_dude

Art of War Champion! Mario Tetris 3 Champion! Yeti 1 Greece Champion!
Drives: a car

check the turbo for play lately? it sounds like a classic slow dying exhaust seal ring...
jhaan_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #12
Mike Neal!

Drives: 94 TSi, supermoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1G_DSM View Post
I would sell it as it is but no one has made me an offer, lol. The way I see it I'm gonna get low balled either way, lol. When selling a car we almost never get what we want for it, especially when you still like the car. That's just life I guess. I mean hey if I can sell it before the 11th, that'll be awesome.
Put up a starting price for someone to make an offer on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1G_DSM View Post
I will be taking offers after I take it to MAP on the 11th. I need them to figure out what's wrong with it before I actually sell it.

That post made me think that you didnt want to sell it untill you get it looked at..
Mike Neal! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #13
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Its DSM love, you want to sell it, then you realize it could sell then you don't want to sell it as much.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #14
1G_DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan_dude View Post
check the turbo for play lately? it sounds like a classic slow dying exhaust seal ring...
Today I was suppose to drop her off at MAP but the way she's smoking I just don't feel comfortable driving her 30mins to MAP. I actually did check the turbo today. There is a lil side to side shaft play, no in and out, and there was a little oil when I took off the intake pipe, probably like a drop or two. The car does smoke more when in boost so now I suspect it's something wrong with the turbo.

I'm going to sell the car as is. I will include the BBS RS-II gold rims with the car. Right now the car sits on the 2G rims. You can also have a bare 4g63 block and crank (cylinders are kindof rusty BTW), 9.0:1 JE pistons, 1G rods with ARP rod bolts (one of them spun a rod bearing), and some other stuff if I can find it.

I kindof want to get out of the DSM scene for a while and just focus on life with a a reliable car, lol.

PM me with any offers.

Old 09-11-2009   #15
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4

Since there is no starting price stated by the seller yet I will start the bid at $50
1QUICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #16
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Post an asking price or this thread will be deleted. Its either for sale or it isn't. If you want to play the bidding game take it to eBay.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #17
1G_DSM

$4,500

I will include a brand new set of Fp3 camshafts, brand new Supertech dual springs & Ti retainers, brand new Fidanza Flywheel, and anything else I can find lying around.
Old 09-17-2009   #18
1G_DSM

Re: FS: ’91 Eagle Talon TSI - $4500

Close thread please.