MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 07-12-2011   #1
1G4g63t

Drives: 92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
92 TSi AWD For Sale

So I'm selling my 92 TSI finally. don't get me wrong the car is fun but I've got too many irons in the fire and it's time to sacrifice the Talon.
it's a 5-speed and has 175k on the clock. New timing belt, balance shaft belt and water pump all done at 150k. new 16G turbo maybe has 400 miles on it. it does have a couple issues first off the ABS unit leaks a little causing the brakes to be a little soft. and second the engine/tranny make a rattle at 2800rpm. Some idiot tried tellin me it was rod knock, I dropped the pan and found no signs of any bad bearings. I have a feeling its a throwout bearing but I have no desire to pull the transfer case and tranny to find out.
Body is in great shape, interior is good except the drivers seat.
Aftermarket boost and oil pressure gauges in a pillar pod.
Aftermarket speakers all the way around and setup for subs.
$1500 obo
any questions pm or text me.
320-491-7347

Last edited by 1G4g63t; 07-12-2011 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: forgot price
1G4g63t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #2
Fran05

Drives: DSM
Re: 92 TSi AWD For Sale

Can you take a vid of the rattle noise at 2800rpm?
Fran05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #3
1G4g63t

fran you've already seen the car. hell you've already tried to bad mouth me. how about you get off my post. so everyone knows, Fran is the one who tried telling me my car had rod knock. a kid who has no mechanical background and he tried telling me my car had a rod knock.
so I dropped the oil pan and checked my bearings and found no signs of rod knock. not only was I willing to drop the pan with him there I flat out said if something was wrong I would fix it. instead he made threats to have his friends come and "take care of me". I would never try to screw someone over but this guy was unwilling to listen or to talk rationally with me.
Old 07-12-2011   #4
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Unfortunately, that's the crap you put up with selling a DSM these days.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #5
1G4g63t

yeah. I'm not sayin my car if perfect but its a pretty good damn car to start with. but hey its all good. its also for sale locally here near faribult so I guess someone will get a decent car.
Old 07-12-2011   #6
Fran05

Rod bearings are good, right? You have checked them, no knock.

Let the potential buyers hear the noise before they drive hours out there to look at the car in person. What is there to be afraid of? A very simple, polite request.
Old 07-12-2011   #7
jrohner

Drives: 91GSX; 98 GSX; 92 Tsi AWD; Kawasaki ZR7

You want to diagnose a noise through a video? Get real.
jrohner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #8
Fran05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohner View Post
You want to diagnose a noise through a video? Get real.
First of all, I am trying to watch out for people on this forums. I sold my 97 M3 to the guy who flew in to the cities airport, picked it up and drove home 1500 miles. He is as happy as a kid could possibly be. He trusted me and I did not let him down. 1G4g63t, on the other hand, used my trust to his advantage. He drove an hour from his home to meet me at the airport, where I just dropped off my M3. I should have stopped him at the gas station and looked everything over, but I figured if the car drove for an hour there and an hour back, its gotta be in good mechanical shape. (Otherwise he wouldn't risk it driving that far) He actually tried to have me pick it up, by calling and saying that "Alternator shit out on my buddies car, he can't follow me so now come and pick it up yourself). This guy then drove me back to his house in the middle of nowhere so that I could drop him off at his house and drive the car back. All the way there he never raised rpms over 2000 for some reason (kept me wondering). I test drove it, and you can't hear knocking from inside the car. Only after I revved it with the hood open, the sound appeared. I wanted to punch the dude in the face, because I am now stranded in the middle of nowhere with no car. Had to find a random person from the gas station to give me a ride back to St. paul because there were no buses and no cabs going to that town (monthgomery or something)

Yes, I should have looked the car over, but I trusted the guy. BIG mistake.

I've seen this car in person. If it wasn't knocking, that I'd be damned on this planet. Upon asking the seller about the rattling noise over the phone prior to me driving 3 hours to look at it, he claimed: "It is just a wastegate rattling.." I was like hmmm.., but at that point was too excited about the car and spaced it out. It was a costly mistake.

I almost bought that car and don't want anyone else to waste time and effort without knowing what expects them on the other side. The sound is so obvious, even the prehistoric smartphone camera will capture its essence.

The car a mechanical defect, called "rattle at 2800rpm" (not to mention brake pedal that falls to the floor, ebay turbo, and slipping clutch) and if the seller refuses to let buyers listen to it, it would raise some questions. For anyone, who is not an idiot. I am not saying all of the DSM owners are idiots. Not all of them. Just most.

Last edited by Fran05; 07-13-2011 at 12:05 AM..
Old 07-13-2011   #9
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

This is a for sale thread, you guys are both fucking stupid and hope you get banned for awhile.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011   #10
1G4g63t

Well I just want to point out that I've had two Mechanics also look at my car and both have said the sound isn't rod knock.
But could an Admin remove this thread as I'm sure Fran's comments did enough damage and no one will buy the car.
But thanks to anyone that might have a genuine interest in my car.
and by the way Fran I've since put another 500 miles on the car and still the car runs and drives.
Old 07-14-2011   #11
slowboy101

Drives: 91' Eagle Talon TSI

jerry jerry jerry
slowboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #12
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Fran seems to post on other forums to like he knows shit, its quite funny.

He is giving people pointer's on their 16G setups when they actually built the car and can drive it better than him.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #13
1G4g63t

Well some guy from Northern MN/Wisconsion came and bought the Talon and had no issues with it. so I guess Fran missed out.