MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Want to buy

Old 10-29-2014   #1
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
House, Condo, Townhouse etc.

Hey everybody,

I'm in search of a place to purchase that would be under 100K and hopefully feature the ability to store 4 cars on property. Garage space a plus, but not necessary. 2 bedroom, 1+ bathroom, clean, simple, and preferably within 35 min of oakdale (however location is fairly flexible). My timeline is not rushed but I would like to be on the ball as far as looking out for a good deal when I see one. I've missed several already and it's pretty frustrating. Let me know if any of you have something or are aware of somebody who may be looking to sell such a place. Thanks!

-Adam
Old 10-29-2014   #2
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: House, Condo, Townhouse etc.

Post up stuff that you find, even if you miss out on it.

I'm interested to see what is out there for that price.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #3
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Drives: '09 Silveraydo
Send a message via AIM to tehehodi

I don't think you can store 4 cars at a condo or townhouse. Maybe your looking in a small town really far from cities. Try Wisconsin?
tehehodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #4
dogwhistle

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/35.../2057277_zpid/

That for example has a 2 car garage with some space out front and decent lot with perfect amount of fancy in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehehodi View Post
I don't think you can store 4 cars at a condo or townhouse. Maybe your looking in a small town really far from cities. Try Wisconsin?
I agree but there is one available townhouse in still water for 80K that has open parking lot but no assigned spaces and idk if there are 4 open ones considering the other properties there. For just over 100K there are townhomes with 2 car garages and space in front of them but the HOA on top of the mortgage gets a bit much even subletting a room.

Last edited by dogwhistle; 10-29-2014 at 11:43 AM..
dogwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #5
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/17.../2126054_zpid/

That place is pending but has been pending for most of October. I would love something like that. Cheap, big garage and shit it even has a urinal!

In for what you find too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get into something next year. Being a single guy I want something cheap since it would just be me and my dog and I don't want to take on a lot of debt. Would love a 3 car garage but would settle for a 1 car with easy access to a door so I can get my bikes in the house for storage during winter lol

Last edited by C3L1CA; 10-29-2014 at 12:29 PM..
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #6
rose0529
Who has my man-card?

Drives: a red car
Send a message via AIM to rose0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post

That place is pending but has been pending for most of October. I would love something like that. Cheap, big garage and shit it even has a urinal!
LOL at urinal!
rose0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #7
dogwhistle

Quote:

In for what you find too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get into something next year. Being a single guy I want something cheap since it would just be me and my dog and I don't want to take on a lot of debt. Would love a 3 car garage but would settle for a 1 car with easy access to a door so I can get my bikes in the house for storage during winter lol
That's a sweet find! I'm working on getting pre-approved this week or next and start to get some capital set aside to put with some offers.
Old 10-29-2014   #8
dogwhistle

I tried doing something like this:

http://www.goodshomedesign.com/a-tiny-dream-home/

and buying a chunk of land but it's very hard to get underwriting allowing such a deal...
Old 10-29-2014   #9
dsmDolney

Drives: Racecars

i need something like those houses i need to get out of my parents house asap
dsmDolney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #10
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwhistle View Post
I tried doing something like this:

http://www.goodshomedesign.com/a-tiny-dream-home/

and buying a chunk of land but it's very hard to get underwriting allowing such a deal...
Then build a garage twice the size of that!
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #11
dogwhistle

Quote:
Then build a garage twice the size of that!
EXACTLY! Lol. Or build a hybrid building with one portion for living... http://demelswelding.com/sitebuilder...rndominium.jpg

But reality sets in and it's hard to rent out and afford land so that's why my search has been changed to the above 2 bed 1+ bath somewhat local with room for cars cause otherwise it's not gonna happen. Maybe when I move to warmer weather and have a bigger job I'll build that, but for now It's been hard finding anything even normal.
Old 10-29-2014   #12
dsmDolney

Drives: Racecars

dream house/garage right there
dsmDolney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014   #13
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

Future plans.

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/944-s...5-garage-31018
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014   #14
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Townhouse complex's usually always have Visitor parking areas. It all depends on that association whether or not they call out home owners for parking their own cars there. My association I lived in didn't mind if you parked a car there for like a week, but you could not use it as a permanent parking area. Once they notice the same cars parking there all the time, you'd get a letter in the mail saying if you don't stop they'll be towed. We had 4 cars. So we just parked 2 in the garage (toy cars), and 2 in the driveway (dd cars). That worked well. We had a 5th car that parked in the visitor parking, and we got a letter after a few weeks. But we fit 4 no problem.

That first house you linked, were you thinking you'd park a couple cars out front in the yard? That might not fly so well with the neighbors/neighborhood. So be careful if you're thinking about going that route.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014   #15
dogwhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
That looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Townhouse complex's usually always have Visitor parking areas. It all depends on that association whether or not they call out home owners for parking their own cars there. My association I lived in didn't mind if you parked a car there for like a week, but you could not use it as a permanent parking area. Once they notice the same cars parking there all the time, you'd get a letter in the mail saying if you don't stop they'll be towed. We had 4 cars. So we just parked 2 in the garage (toy cars), and 2 in the driveway (dd cars). That worked well. We had a 5th car that parked in the visitor parking, and we got a letter after a few weeks. But we fit 4 no problem.

That first house you linked, were you thinking you'd park a couple cars out front in the yard? That might not fly so well with the neighbors/neighborhood. So be careful if you're thinking about going that route.

If you look at the bird's eye, you can see there are two spaces outside the garage unlike most city houses. That's all I meant but yea I agree. And thank you very much for the first hand advice/experience. I wondered about the guest lots I've seen at a few places and my girlfriend's family experienced some trouble about having too many vehicles in that area but they also had a mix of assigned spots and unassigned guest parking instead of driveways...
Old 10-31-2014   #16
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

I looked for a year for a three plus garage house in the metro. It was a huge pain in the ass looking for under $175k (because im poor). Good luck!!!
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014   #17
dogwhistle

Alright so I've been pretty busy and been checking out a few places lately. I made an offer on this property: http://www.cbburnet.com/property/det...-MN-55106.aspx
but I didn't win... :/

However, here is another:
http://www.cbburnet.com/property/det...-MN-55106.aspx
that I submitted an offer on this morning, and will see how it goes. It does have small bedrooms but both garages are heated and the place doesn't need any work as opposed to the first one.

**I am working with a couple that I worked with a while back in their office at Keller Williams and the CBB links I provide are only because they are the most public friendly accurate info from most the listing agents etc.
Old 11-12-2014   #18
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Most houses that have a 2-car garage have space for four cars total, but finding something where you can park a car on the side of the house/garage is a plus. Townhouses and condos don't work well for car guys.

I'm actually looking for a house right now as well, but in a very certain area, and finding something with plenty of garage space, or room for an additional garage is tough. I don't want to live out in the country, which makes it difficult to find something with any land to it. Luckily I've got my wife on board with the garage idea, as our current 3-car doesn't have enough room for me.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014   #19
dogwhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Most houses that have a 2-car garage have space for four cars total, but finding something where you can park a car on the side of the house/garage is a plus. Townhouses and condos don't work well for car guys.

I'm actually looking for a house right now as well, but in a very certain area, and finding something with plenty of garage space, or room for an additional garage is tough. I don't want to live out in the country, which makes it difficult to find something with any land to it. Luckily I've got my wife on board with the garage idea, as our current 3-car doesn't have enough room for me.
Having the wife on board is always a good thing haha! I want to eventually be in the country on acreage with some farm animals, but employment without a commute is difficult let alone the taxes and price of large chunks of land. I most likely will just buy a hobby-barn or barndominium in the middle of nowhere and enjoy it for other hobbies like shooting and wrenching and keep something simple closer to civilization and likely in a warm climate. I ultimately wanna be in a place like Tennessee but school and money doesn't allow moving everything that easily. Lucky enough I have friends who wanna rent from me immediately so that helps the whole cash flow of a new house but it still takes enough planning moving locally let alone out of state with no connections.
Old 11-14-2014   #20
dogwhistle

UPDATE:

They countered but still below asking and I'm very comfortable with it. So now that second offer is submitted with their counter numbers and the process begins! Yay! I'm nervous but looking forward to it all being over with and enjoying the new place.