MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 07-04-2006   #1
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer
Whats the deal with midway lately?

Anyone been geiing harassed down at Porkeys by the cops lately way more then usual? I was down there a few weeks ago and the cops pushed a guy walking to his car down to the ground and pulled the tazer on him, didnt shoot it though. I also had herd from people that they towed away a Z06 for having too loud of exhaust and no front plate.

If anyone else is having problems down there let us know.
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006   #2
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638
Re: Whats the deal with midway lately?

yes, that lady who owns the place kicks everyone out at like 12:40ish, so we all jsut go to como park/ energy park exit, where that lil parking lot is.

-A. Swift
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006   #3
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Ya thats where we have been going too. You think that the police had something to do with talking the porkeys into getting everyone out of there after closing?
Old 07-04-2006   #4
94talonawd

Send a message via MSN to 94talonawd

That ZO6 shouldnt be complaining. The ricers get harrassed more often. It's about time they treat the imports and domestic fairly.
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
94talonawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #5
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23

I was down there a couple weeks ago in my car. A cop pulls behind me after im in the turn lane about to make a U turn right by Porkys. He makes one right behind me then pulls up next to me. I looked at him then we went up a little then he slamed on him brakes and swerved into me. He would have hit me if I wasnt on the shoulder turning into porkys. I was SOO PISSED!

Then 2 weeks before that I got pulled over for no front plate.

And just a week before my first event I saw a tow trunk at the wendys on uni down the road from porkys.

And I think most people now know about what happend at porkys that one night at like 2 in the moring. Couple kids got pushed around by the cops and everyone got yelled at for being there.

IMO University is getting realy Ghey because of that stuff. Im afraid to bring my car down there and drive it or even leave it parked somewhere unattended. It really limits the people you see and the fun you may have.
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #6
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

kinda, but you just move things around. All the cops are doing is pissing people off, and ruining otherwise pretty safe meetings. In this case, that's what will cause something to go wrong.

-A. Swift
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #7
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

It's just people don't get the hint. They don't want that scene down there. They are tired of it and some people just don't get it. Last I heard is when/if the lightrail gets going/approve to run to St Paul as well and go along Uni there that whole fucking area will get a BIG facelift.

People just need to find another place to hang out. Go to another town/burb and cruise without doign stupid shit and maybe it will last a bit longer. Running around anywhere in the cities with realy fucking loud exhaust or no front plate is just asking for a ticket and for a close eye to be on you, no fault but the car's owner.
Old 07-05-2006   #8
94talonawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMStyle
It's just people don't get the hint. They don't want that scene down there. They are tired of it and some people just don't get it. Last I heard is when/if the lightrail gets going/approve to run to St Paul as well and go along Uni there that whole fucking area will get a BIG facelift.

People just need to find another place to hang out. Go to another town/burb and cruise without doign stupid shit and maybe it will last a bit longer. Running around anywhere in the cities with realy fucking loud exhaust or no front plate is just asking for a ticket and for a close eye to be on you, no fault but the car's owner.
i second that
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
Old 07-05-2006   #9
JiggahMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95talonracer
Anyone been geiing harassed down at Porkeys by the cops lately way more then usual? I was down there a few weeks ago and the cops pushed a guy walking to his car down to the ground and pulled the tazer on him, didnt shoot it though. I also had herd from people that they towed away a Z06 for having too loud of exhaust and no front plate.

If anyone else is having problems down there let us know.
Yeah, that was Corey that got pushed into the bench. Last I heard he didn't file a report on it.

Quote:

This may be true, may not be. But what they have to realize is people are going to be doing it somewhere. Pushing it around the cities/burbs won't do anything but piss off auto enthusiasts. What they need to do is organize a street legal type deal like they have in San Diego. Obviously this won't take care of everyone, as racing on the street is much more exciting in my opinion. Not knowing if you're going to jail or what's going to happen. What needs to happen is the scene needs to be controlled, not harrassed.

Last edited by JiggahMan; 07-05-2006 at 03:08 AM..
JiggahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #10
94talonawd

i dont think the world would be a great place if they let loose those muscle cars doing burnouts all over the place. Because what would the DSM's do? we cant do standstills...
SAFC-II
---------------
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
Old 07-05-2006   #11
Tauni
Mazda-ing

Drives: 2013 Mazdaspeed3

I think they should be concentrating more on those that are actually causing problems. People who hang out at Porky's and at Wendy's and the lot across from Wendy's generally are just there to check out cars and have a good time. Mostly its the ricers who race around on Uni. I don't feel people should be getting harassed for parking their shit and enjoying themselves, in one place without acting like dumb asses. But I suppose its hard for the cops to pick and choose who is doing what. But abusing people and swerving at people is uncalled for. Hand out tickets, arrest those who deserve it, and tow the cars of people doing burn outs and racing. Leave the rest of us alone.
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #12
Thor06
11 Seconds to Freedom

Send a message via AIM to Thor06

We've been getting a lot of fucked up shit up here too. Basically, we cant park anywhere. There are two main streets in this town and we've been kicked out of every parking lot one either of them except for the park/boat landing lot. We started hanging out there after we got kicked out of Pamida and now the hill billies are moving in on it! I am a little ticked for one. The hill billy to sport compact driver ratio is like 5:1 so were pretty out numbered and they just took our spot one night! Whatever though, we sometimes get there early and the lot is big enough to have us both out of each other's hair, but we still have to deal with them drinking and revving the piss out of their POS trucks all damn night. Its funny though, even when we cruise, no one races. We might pull around a corner or off a light, but no races, tire squeeling, etc. We do it all on the track or on a road in the middle of nowhere, no street racing anywhere near any other cars.
Old 07-05-2006   #13
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23

Quote:
People just need to find another place to hang out. Go to another town/burb and cruise without doign stupid shit and maybe it will last a bit longer.
My parents who are 50/55 remember going down to porkys and my like great uncle said "you guys still do that? I remember when I used to do that". Its not Like this just started up. Its been going on for a long time. By kicking people out of parking lots and harassing them only makes them rebel.

And It is really bad how they are handleing this situation. By yelling at people and pushing them around and stuff. If I did any of that at my job Id be fired no questions asked. But what do they get? NOTHING or a slap on the had.
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #14
98gstaherns
I need boost in my life

Drives: '14 chevy 1500
Send a message via AIM to 98gstaherns

I haven't had any problems with the cops yet. I mean sure the come into the lot with lights on and make everyone leave. I have a moslty been pissed with the ricers who fly down UNI and don't even care about the other people. They just wanna show off there loud ass exhaust by going at WOT for 50 ft and then slaming on the brakes. God only know how many close calls I've had by ass clowns almost hitting me. There really needs to be a spot to meet up and just BS about cars not who has the biggest can on there car and how loud it is..
Old 07-05-2006   #15
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blageo23
My parents who are 50/55 remember going down to porkys and my like great uncle said "you guys still do that? I remember when I used to do that". Its not Like this just started up. Its been going on for a long time.
NO fucking way? Really? Man, who would have thought... (like that 3 periods Nash?)

It's obvoius that it's been around for many many years but how many parnets do you know acted like some of the fucking idiots down there today. ITS A HUGE difference. Even the cops back then where hanging out with a porkys shake in one hand and a fuck'n joint in the other.
Old 07-05-2006   #16
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.

The cops start bothering people as the weather gets warmer. Once late August roll around the harassement tapers off. Just don't do anything stupid and they won't have an excuse to stop you. I still remember hanging out at uni back in 1991 when wired wheels, low riders, hydralics and no ricers where in sight.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006   #17
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

All true. One thing that I noticed that really bothers me and ruens it for all of us is the people that are down there with the ragity old trucks doing burn outs out of porkeys all of the time. Another thing that I dont like is the fairly large group of people sitting there for hours and hours just yelling at people trying to get them to BURN OUT. They need to leave and go somewhere else. Nothing like trying to get the cops over there. Wemight as well call them ourselves and have them kick us out right as we get there.
Old 07-06-2006   #18
Thor06
11 Seconds to Freedom

Send a message via AIM to Thor06

Yeah, I know what you mean. All the rednecks up hear revving the shit out of their loud ass trucks and burning them off at ever stop light/sign. The cops only ever really give them shit though, not so much us. Not since we stopped parking in private parking lots.
Old 07-06-2006   #19
SLOW_V

We all know that going to Midway you will get harrassed by the police. Why bitch when you know you can just stay home or hang at your buddie's place.
SLOW_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #20
JiggahMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOW_V
We all know that going to Midway you will get harrassed by the police. Why bitch when you know you can just stay home or hang at your buddie's place.
1. my place sucks
2. nobody has a friend who's house will turn out like midway every weekend.
JiggahMan is offline   Reply With Quote