MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 08-24-2015   #1
talonsway

Drives: 1995 eagle talon TSI
MPI/MFI relay or?

Been driving my car everyday for the last 2 weeks, sense i put the new turbo in. It has been driving great besides for the fact that it needs a tune. Yesterday at the cookout i went to start my car and it would turn over but not even try to start. After checking for fuel and spark which i had both of, also tried a ignitor out from a guy that was helping me. One of the gentlemen helping me actually had a laptop, and i so happen to have my tractrix. So we hooked it up and everything seemed normal, with the hood open tho we seemed to hear the injectors clicking. And at one point when i was sitting in the car i heard a relay click, which seemed to come from right around the ecu. Then after not doing much but connecting evoscan, i went to try it and it fired right up. Drove it home and it was perfect, the CEL has always been on and when i drove it home it, drove good, didn't die once.

Thinking the problem was over with, even tho i never looked into it again that night. On my way to school this morning, I was driving and i heard that relay click again that was next to my ecu, it would click like 5 times and at the same time my car would die, with a real mean jerk like slamming on the breaks. What i ended up doing was turning the key off let it sit for a little bit, start it and drive and it would happen again. It was would only drive for 20 seconds each time. On my way home from school, after letting the car sit for a while, it started up and made it about 2 miles before it did it again! i let it sit and drove it again and then it did it again, and right after it died i started it up again. And the CEL went off, then it drove perfect on the way home, no more check engine light. Now with the check engine light off for now I'm really curious to what the problem is. Any one have any ideas. Im worried that this problem will keep coming back.

Also wanna say huge thank you to the guys that helped me!
(2gb all white gsx, and his evo friend hah)
talonsway is offline   Reply With Quote