MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 08-31-2006   #1
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Drives: 91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Send a message via AIM to Gravy Send a message via Yahoo to Gravy
Porting questions

I've been working on the car the last few nights, porting out the manifold, O2 housing and the DP on the car, and i'm wondering. How much is safe to port off for starters. I got a gasket from a 80 something firebird for porting as i've seen on VFAQ and tuners. But that seems like a thin wall left in there. Will i run into any issues?

Also, any advise for a bitchy neighboor who gets mad at you when you spend a couple midnight-3am shifts running an electric air pump? I technically live in the city limits of Saint Francis, but with the size of the city limits, and the extent of the laws. Only city limit laws are in effect if you have city water, so there's no 10pm noise ordinance(sp?) durring the week. I've been porting in the mornings as well, but still have a good hour or two of porting... thank god i got a carbide bit today.
Old 09-01-2006   #2
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic
Re: Porting questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy
Also, any advise for a bitchy neighboor who gets mad at you when you spend a couple midnight-3am shifts running an electric air pump?
If there aren't any laws, there isn't much she can do about it, but I would be careful not to get your cars keyed or other things of that nature.
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #3
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Port at reasonable hours, I'd be pissed if someone was doing that crap in the middle of the night as well. And it's pretty hard to describe how much to port anything. Use common sense and remember that there's a lot of pressure and heat going through those parts, don't go too thin.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006   #4
Gravy
Who's this guy?

Drives: 91 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Send a message via AIM to Gravy Send a message via Yahoo to Gravy

His house is about 40 yards from the garage,and it has the following. One window, insulated doors,walls and is air tight. The reason i'm also asking is i got a phone call at 10pm last night when i did 1 minute of grinding on a spot i missed.

Was rude as hell, hung up on me, and best of all. Their bedroom light was on untill 11:30 anyways. All i got in was, "Oh, i'm sor*CLICK*" He wouldn't dare key, scratch or touch anything on our land. We store his nice 18 fiberglass boat over the winter in our polebarn. Can't store in the public storage places, it sits too high up. BTW, we live 2 miles from town and they have a dog that LOVES to bark at all hours of the night. So you see why i'm getting ideas on how to take it?

*On Topic*

I left enough metal to be safe by my standards, rounded out the overlaying rings around all the metal, matched up the gaskets to the grinding and now i'm waiting for the exauhst mani gasket to come in to start installing it all back on.