MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 06-26-2005   #1
unreal808
Mr. Me Too

Drives: Suzuki GSXR
Lets get it on

I was a hanging out with some guys on my block, helping this guy put on some headers on his 79 Regal with built 350, he tells me he has a race set up, with a guy with a 96 Mustang GT convertible. He tells me the dude with the Mustang swears is a Saleen, even after I look under the hood Ha Ha a 4.6 sitting stock. But the Mustang guy said that for a hundred dollars he wants to race the Regal, It's on.
Every time I go to watch I get behind the two cars racing, I like front row seats. The guy with the Regal stands outside of the car and flags the race, than jumps in the car and takes off after the Saleen Ha Ha, just hilarious, I’m behind the Regal watching the whole thing and take off behind the Regal.

The Regal (with me behind) catch up to the Mustang and pass him, wow the look on his face was like “what the fuck?”. Now it was a race between the Regal and the Laser. I was starting to pull up to him to pass when all of a sudden, I see he loses his Alt belt. Than his fiberglass hood go flying off with a vary loud bang, the hood flow over my car like by 30 feet and ended up in the ditch. So the race was over, now the Regal now has no hood and a busted windshield all for a hundred dollars.

We get back to the hood and the guy is like man the Regal is fast and give up the money. Than after some more shit talk, the guy with the Regal said he bets the Laser would kill the Mustang, the guy with the 4.6l gets mad and asked my to race, and I said I already kink a did, and that he could just pay me now. Than vary agitated he starts talking about, he knows someone with a “Neon” that would race me. Now the old lady and kid are next to me and she’s like No more racing today. Anyway just some afternoon fun I had to share.
Old 06-26-2005   #2
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55
Re: Lets get it on

I hope I can get my car running good enough for a few races this year.

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #3
unreal808
Mr. Me Too

Drives: Suzuki GSXR

Bring it by my house, there is still a lot of guys that think any V8 will kill a 4cyl, like the guy with the 5.0 formula, I raced this morning. A total domination as we all know.
Old 06-26-2005   #4
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle

i think you should clear and re-locate
Old 06-26-2005   #5
scheides
flips McGee

C'mon you guys, don't ruin our secret with all these fools. We have the fast cars with small motors, and they have the slow cars with big motors...maybe loose a few races to him, build up his confidence a little. Then go race one of his buddies for $500, make some real money.

...watch out for flying hoods though...maybe just stay at home w/ the wife & kids...
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #6
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

LMAO great story!
Old 06-26-2005   #7
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm

I like talking to guys like that, it's so entertaining because they think they are faster because they have bigger motors. Like my buddy who thinks my other friend with a '88 stang gt can beat my car if he gets a better launch....(we raced once and I bogged out and still won and he had 3 girls in his car and I had three guys...hahaha). Now he thinks his Grand Marquis (dont know year, but it looks pretty old...maybe early '90s) can take my car. It's always fun beating those kind of guys. The sad thing is that my car isnt nearly as quick as anyone else's car on here...heh heh heh. Wait till they run into a more modded DSM or 4-banger.
Anyways...great story. I like how the guy with the Regal won the race even though he flagged it himself then jumped in the car.

Last edited by 1slowdsm; 06-26-2005 at 08:58 PM..
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #8
TheBlackKnight
Mad Urban Biker

Not a shabby story hehe! Hood fly's off and over your car, good times!
TheBlackKnight is offline   Reply With Quote