MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 05-07-2005   #1
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23
Trouble Codes...

My check engine light has been on. I finally went to checkers and got the codes. This is what I have.
P300-Random Misfire
P170-Fuel Trim Malfunction-????
P136-O2...
P141-O2 Heater...
Clearly the last 2 are because I dont have the rear O2 sensor pluged in and the first one is because I did the 6Bolt swap. But what is the 2nd one? Fuel. Could that be why my car shakes. Now that I think about it it could be lack of fuel. Everything in the fuel area is stock and I just replaced the Filter like in september. The only thing not stock on the fuel is that I caped off the line that goes to the emisions(gas tank vent). I have it still pluged into the soleniod(vac lines).
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005   #2
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Re: Trouble Codes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blageo23
My check engine light has been on. I finally went to checkers and got the codes. This is what I have.
P300-Random Misfire
P170-Fuel Trim Malfunction-????
P136-O2...
P141-O2 Heater...
Clearly the last 2 are because I dont have the rear O2 sensor pluged in and the first one is because I did the 6Bolt swap. But what is the 2nd one? Fuel. Could that be why my car shakes. Now that I think about it it could be lack of fuel. Everything in the fuel area is stock and I just replaced the Filter like in september. The only thing not stock on the fuel is that I caped off the line that goes to the emisions(gas tank vent). I have it still pluged into the soleniod(vac lines).
The fuel trim error is because you are running too lean or too rich at in closed loop. If you get more than 12% too rich or lean during closed loop, the ECU throws that error. The random misfire error can cause problems with how the cars runs. You should get DSMLink on it to get rid of the random misfire error and help you tune it correctly to avoid the fuel trim error.