MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 04-07-2009   #81
scheides
flips McGee

Re: No More Bashing Threads! Discuss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Well that is odd. I have met you 3 times and heard a drunk story each time. One was quite elaborate where you were talking about launching on a cop like 6 times, but he was out of his jourisdiction (which we busted you on, I believe TKR was the other one) and you said you were completely wasted. The last one you were racing some random car while you were drunk, a civic I think. I didn't pay much attention really.

So you say here you don't drive while drunk, but I have heard 3 stories where you say you are drunk and race people. Lying to try to impress people doesn't work. The stories all sounded quite fabricated, so I would guess you are telling the truth here. I would hope so anyway. Like I said before, just chill out and be yourself and you will be fine.
I think he actually just told the stories while drunk, and wasn't drunk while the stories actually happened. LOL @ launching w/ the cop story(told while spaz was several beers deep!), that was awesome!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #82
hellomynameis

Chinese Checkers Champion! Elite Mahjong Champion!
Drives: Evo IX
Send a message via AIM to hellomynameis

Quote:
The last one you were racing some random car while you were drunk, a civic I think. I didn't pay much attention really.
Emphasis mine. He mentioned that he had imbibed earlier in the evening but I'm pretty sure he didn't refer to himself as being drunk.

Pay attention. This is how shit gets started. It's sad really, because you already admitted that your impression of the guy is based on barely even paying attention.

As far as the original point this thread was trying to make...if you post pics of yourself doing gay stuff on the internet, don't whine when people poke fun. Seems to me, that's exactly how one of the threads in question started. Why it gets out of hand, I don't know. If we all acted like decent adults, it probably would never go 'too far'. Kracka and I constantly take jabs at each other both on- and off-line and we both are still awesome friends because we understand the differences between joking and being an asshole.

The instigators who ignore warnings about their behavior should be banned, no question about it. For some perspective, I'm a guy that doesn't support any kind of censorship.

For those of you who have a problem with Spaz (or anyone else), quit being passive aggressive and/or throwing punches from the safety of your keyboard. Resolve your differences privately and maybe even score some points by doing it in person (and by in person I don't mean a fist fight). Case in point, if you think Spaz is too loud or that his swearing is inappropriate, pull him aside, let him know how you feel about it and don't pout if he doesn't change for you.

By the way...If resolving your differences means you guys don't hang out together, so what? We don't all have to be friends. Even if there is a person you don't get along with, it shouldn't prevent you from attending any of the fantastic events Kracka and Scheides plans for us.
hellomynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #83
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

Quote:
Well that is odd. I have met you 3 times and heard a drunk story each time. One was quite elaborate where you were talking about launching on a cop like 6 times, but he was out of his jourisdiction (which we busted you on, I believe TKR was the other one) and you said you were completely wasted. The last one you were racing some random car while you were drunk, a civic I think. I didn't pay much attention really.
Heh, I forgot about the cop... I only had one beer 3 hours prior to doing that. I probably started the story with "So I was driving home from the bar..." so that may have been where the drunkenness came from. Plus, I was like five beers deep when I told the story. The civic story, I was fairly close to the legal limit, with a beer and a couple drinks in me. I normally jump around after drinking to make sure I'm coordinated enough to drive, though, so it's safe to assume that I'm not actually driving drunk, regardless of what I say in my stories. We can resolve to say that 'drunk' is a fairly relative term when you're talking to me.

And yes, as per Zac, if you have a problem with something I'm doing, saying, etc, please, by all means, pull me aside and let me know in a calm and respectful manner. I won't be offended, and I will honestly try to be accommodating. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, shoot me a PM, IM, email, whatever. I can't do anything about a problem if I don't know it exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #84
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Well after sitting quietly by reading pretty much all of this stuff going on, I think I have a solution....
Mitsustyle summer cage match, that should take care of the problems. I'll supply gloves and headgear if need be...lol
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #85
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Project21 View Post
Well after sitting quietly by reading pretty much all of this stuff going on, I think I have a solution....
Mitsustyle summer cage match, that should take care of the problems. I'll supply gloves and headgear if need be...lol
Just bring them on the cruise! That'd be so fun!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #86
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Um...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspaz View Post
Doesn't help that everyone on here could kick my ass, either. And yes, I'm including Emily in "everyone".
I don't like this idea, lol
Quote:
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
Old 04-07-2009   #87
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
If I were going to the cruise, I would. Everyone would have to get mouth pieces too, last time I sparred I made the mistake of thinkin I wouldn't need one, and chipped a tooth...no fun in that.
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #88
Dundars

Drives: 1g DSM

Damn, missed most of the juicy stuff I think.

Read almost every post in this thread, I agree with Swifty, it's kind of bullshit that only some got banned and others didn't. Spaz made a DEATH threat and he skated by, simply because he has a bromance with the mods obviously.

I guess since I've posted here, which hasn't been long, I've noticed 'selective' modding. As in some peoples post will get deleted or edited when others peoples post wouldn't.
Dundars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #89
Ihearrtdsm
Hello Panduh

Tic Tac Toe Champion!
Drives: 02 Honda Civic LX, 99 Eclipse GS
Send a message via Skype™ to Ihearrtdsm

you could always do a drinking game... good ole friendly competition!
Ihearrtdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #90
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

^^ I like this idea. I'll probably lose (or win, depending on how you look at it), but oh well. There is fun in trying.

EDIT: I took this out, but decided to leave most of it in. I don't think there is a bromance with the admins here, some of the people that are banned are friends with the mods too. The main reason for banning was because people didn't stop after being asked. Not based on prior actions like spaz's or anyone else's comments, but in this thread alone. Those things that were said have been deleted so you can't see the whole picture, myself included.

Last edited by asshanson; 04-07-2009 at 09:37 PM..
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #91
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Project21 View Post
Great idea! I actually had a similar idea. Settle it with some good, clean, safe violence.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #92
DB Performance

Drives: Cars

I've got two pair of padded sparring nunchakus.

I vote cage fight!
DB Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #93
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

^badass.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #94
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundars View Post
Damn, missed most of the juicy stuff I think.

Read almost every post in this thread, I agree with Swifty, it's kind of bullshit that only some got banned and others didn't. Spaz made a DEATH threat and he skated by, simply because he has a bromance with the mods obviously.

I guess since I've posted here, which hasn't been long, I've noticed 'selective' modding. As in some peoples post will get deleted or edited when others peoples post wouldn't.
Would it make you feel better if both you and Swifty also got banned? Spaz made nothing even close to a death threat; he made a comment that was twisted way out of proportion which he admitted was not in the best taste. The moderators of this board to their best to moderate everyone fairly. An established member will be allowed more slack than a new member though which I think is fairly common across forums. Our limits were tested damn hard and we made warnings numerous times before a single ban was handed out. I've deleted Scheides posts before and he's deleted mine; heck, if you look above Scheides even deleted one of his own.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #95
Dundars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Would it make you feel better if both you and Swifty also got banned?.
Where is the logic behind that statement?
Old 04-07-2009   #96
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

It is a simple question. You seem to feel as if some members were left unbanned who should have been. I'll tell you what though, if there is anyone you feel should have been banned that wasn't, you are more than welcome to pay-ban them yourself.

Last edited by Kracka; 04-07-2009 at 06:22 PM..
Old 04-07-2009   #97
ylimert01

Drives: Nissian

Ok i was not going to post in this thread but I feel it needs more vag asap. I agree no more bashing threads ( I had one I should know) and I think alot of people need to grow up here..this is Mitsustyle...we are all here cause we like cars, were not here to like everyone and get along with everyone its impossible ( I know a handful of people who don't like me but I don't let it bother me)..I know some people don't care for spaz your not suppose to like everyone but there is this little thing called ignoring or speak to the issue in person (I always jokingly make fun of spaz in person now..better than on a internet forum)..not sure why people are letting spaz get to them, your basically letting him win.
The mods are doing a good job they see everything that goes on(stuff we don't always see) and make decision based on how they see fit..high five to you guys! and even though I am friends with everyone in the situation I am glad people got banned...some people need a vacation from the internet to realize its really not serious business...so can you all circle jerk now and move on kthx.. by. <3 cause i am tired of emo facebook statuses...life is to short be happy people!
ylimert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #98
Dundars

I think there should be a thread that solely makes fun of me, sense I can handle it.
Old 04-07-2009   #99
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundars View Post
I think there should be a thread that solely makes fun of me, sense I can handle it.
Everyone can handle it at first when it it just making fun of someone, but eventually they turn mean and nasty which is exactly what we're trying to prevent. This is a board to come relax and have fun on, not to read all the reasons why people hate you.
Old 04-07-2009   #100
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Spaz made nothing even close to a death threat; he made a comment that was twisted way out of proportion which he admitted was not in the best taste.
It was a vocalized offhand curiosity with an implied threat if read in context. And you can't say that it wasn't, Hughes.
Quote: